What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

What does their manifesto says about growth and improvement of manufacturing sector in India

What does their manifesto says about growth and improvement of manufacturing sector in India

Dray I am all for secularism and political correctness. But you must also understand that being politically overcorrect is quite dangerous too.
The problem with us bengalis(I am presuming you are one too, do correct me if i am wrong) is that we tend to be poltically overcorrect and end up choosing the worst of the lot. Since you are from WB I guess you will be voting for either TMC or CPM . Do you really think either of them are better when it comes to 'secularism'?
You have got to understand that Jats are a whole lot different from us .Pandering to their honour , machoism etc really matters to them . If not for Amit Shah , RLD would have entinced them with similar words. And frankly Amit Shah did not ask them to kill muslims. He specifically said that there can be no 'revenge' with swords , only by voting.
No offence but it is with the too idealistic views like yours that we in WB have ended up with parties like CPM and TMC. Former has destroyed whatever prosperity that Bengal had and the latter is no better.

Dont worry... Your "bhadralok" will ensure that no forward looking party will ever win in W.B. This sudden urge to defend the "idea of India" and threat to secularism whenever someone talks of Hindu sentiments is very deep rooted in Bengali intelligentsia.. Amazingly beef is now being considered a symbol of secularism by a few. Anyone who talks about this is communal.

Manifesto ki koi jarurat nahi he dost india ka koi bhala kar sakta he aaj ki tarikh me to sirf NARENDRA MODI isliye or kuch soch ne ki jarurat nahi he agar usse nahi honga to kisi se nahi honga ...he will complete most of his promises which he made during speeches ...

Jingalala 272+ karvado bjp ko or dekho sab kuch kese or kitna jaldi thik hota he ;)

1477445_758933710806995_5962747394248548633_n.jpg

Dont worry... Your "bhadralok" will ensure that no forward looking party will ever win in W.B. This sudden urge to defend the "idea of India" and threat to secularism whenever someone talks of Hindu sentiments is very deep rooted in Bengali intelligentsia.. Amazingly beef is now being considered a symbol of secularism by a few. Anyone who talks about this is communal.
So sad and so true. We seem to think the the entire burden of maintaning the ethos of this country (by which i mean secularism and only secularism ) falls on only hindus and specifically on Bengalis. We will never get it out of our heads that as 'intellectuals' we and only we can be correct , the world be damned. The entire country will move forward and we will remain debating in coffeehouses and clubs cz that it us, all talk and no pragmatism to speak of. Meanwhile Mamata and CPM will slug it out amongst themselves to get the 'secular' vote of muslims and WB will forever remain stagnant in time.:hitwall:

Last edited:
@DRAY

I watched your debate in the Pink Revolution thread.

You yourself witnessed the so called 'Hindu' tolerance there. To be honest, some of these people do actually worry me.

And what Amit Shad is inexcusable.

We are so quick to preach to the pakistanis about 'Secular India' but lets incidents like these go?

Yes, in that "Pink revolution" thread and before that in that "Chennai won't speak Hindi" thread I had my share of differences with some people, in the Chennai thread some people were adamant about making Hindi language "Mandatory" for Tamils when they don't want it. I am neither a Tamil nor a beef eater, even then I was finding it very difficult to accept those Hindi/Hindu preachers' "My way or highway" attitude. It seems certain sections want to impose their version of India everywhere. Such bullying will only result into greater regionalism.

The "Unity in diversity" that we are so proud of is standing on the foundation of tolerance & mutual respect, things can get very ugly if this foundation is disturbed.

Sir, I hope you are aware of Amit Shah's complete political profile. And why do I need to be selective when I am hearing the speech of the right hand man of India's would be prime Minister?

Ravi, am more irritated by some of the remarks here. The ghost of Hermione is still haunting these threads. Certainly I became pseudo intellectual and anti BJP because I do not support foxes like Shah. This intolerance and anger makes me quite uneasy and makes me stay away from these political threads. See you later.

The Modi wave is primarily due to the utter failure of present government and their inability to project a credible leadership, and secondarily for the performance of Modi as a CM, remember, Modi was there in 2009 also. It would be very wrong to assume that this support for BJP/Modi is a mandate for their Hindutva agenda. They should stick to the agenda of better governance only, like the way Vajpayeeji did during his tenure.

Till date I have turned a blind eye towards certain antics of the hardliners within the party because a change in the government is necessary, but if the kind of intolerance shown by some Modi supporters in certain threads here is any reflection of the things to come if Modi comes to power, then I really have to rethink about it.

Well, the good thing is that in last 3 days or so I am realizing why presidential type of system won't work in India, I am also realizing the importance of regional parties even though they seem to be a hindrance to form a single-party majority government. :)

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom