• 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
sab, don't know how they get points in wrestling, pls explain

She lost again :( . Even i dont know the point system.. Anyone aware of the same, Please share. As i felt if Ukranian got 8 points in first round, Geeta should get few points like 2-3 but she didn't get any.

Why sad? Geeta was never strong wrestler because she youn.... My hopes are on day 11th and 12th.... We will get silver on 11th and Gold on 12th.... While for tomarrow i dont have much hope.... Amit kumar the youngest wrestler going to take part in olympic in wrestling.... He good but just too much unexperienced. Wrestling is about experience and tricks moves.... While nar singh too taking part tomarrow. He good. May be we can expect bronze from him.... But our hope is on 11th and 12th....

sab, don't know how they get points in wrestling, pls explain

I dont know, but it was clear she was no match for the Ukranian girl :D

So just chill out. Dont go for the technical complexity. Wait to see in news. Once they win it will be known. :D

It can help a bit-

Scoring Terms

Takedown - occurs when a man takes his opponent to the mat from a standing position. This is worth one point, but can be worth three if the opponent is brought down onto his back in a position of exposure (danger), and five if a high amplitude throw is involved.

Exposure - turning an opponent's shoulders to the mat. Once the line of the back area breaks a 90-degree angle, points are scored. This can occur both from the feet and on the mat. A wrestler who holds his opponent in a danger position for five seconds will receive one extra point.

Note that some moves such as a gut wrench and an ankle lace can only be used once before another scoring move must take place. However, a 1 point hold down is considered another scoring move. This happens in the case of move which starts as a gut wrench but stops for a 5 count with the back exposed and and then returns in the same direction. Moves without a body lock, such as the front headlock from the knees, the crotch lift and the "sazuski" can be repeated over and over in succession.

Reversal - when the man underneath completely reverses his position and comes to the top position in control, he has scored a reversal, worth one point.

Escape - when an athlete works to come out from the bottom position (after being under dominant control) and gets to his feet, facing his rival, he has scored an escape, worth one point. This can only be awarded if there is an active attempt by the top wrestler to hold the bottom wrestler down, and if there is hand attack as the wrestler excapes. Note that this score seldome is given.

Passivity - There are no longer disqualifications for passivity in international wrestling. The officiating team can call an unlimited number of passivity calls. Wrestlers will be permitted to place the passive opponent in the down "par terre" position or continue the bout in a standing position after each passivity call.

Any hope from Tinku luka ??

Her race is at 12:00AM

Honestly saying no. I doubt whether she will qualify for final. She has to run within 2 minutes at least for that. BTW, whatever I had predicted till now didnt work :D

There will be flood of gifts and money for the medal winners but dont forget those who have made us proud even without medal. Kashyap, Jaydeep, Poonia, Gowda, Irfan Thodi, Vijender, Devendro, Monoj, Vikash - we are proud of your effort too.

A good thing is that most of our top athlets got good foreign exposure, training from good coaches, got familiar with modern facilities. If government want , this experience of the Athletes can be utilised to develop next generation. For example, Krishna Poonia, Vikash Gowda both got hiest level of training. Government should come forward to support them to build up modern academies for next generation.

Tintu Luka unable to qualify in semifinal2. she came 6th.

Watch out for yogesh dutt.... He playing in his 3rd olympic. In beijing olympic he lost a bronze medal in last 10 seconds.... Its haunting him and he desperate to bring Gold medal for india.... But am not hoping for a Gold.... But am sure he will bring silver medal. Gold medal will be brought by Sushil kumar.... What's intresting is that Sushil kumar bout is on 12th.... He competing on last day. So save ur happiness for 12th. Do check yogesh dutt too. His bout on 11th.... Yogesh playing in his last olympic and he wants no less then Gold Medal.... Must read....
Yogeshwar Dutt targets Olympic Gold | Olympics | indiatimes.com

Today its Amit kumar and Nar singh Wrestling bout.... Nar Singh been rated a medal winner and Amit Kumar been rated Dark Horses.... Amit kumar being youngest wrestler is future of india. He treating this olympic his first and last. He means bussiness.... However we shouldnt hope much because he just too much young and unexperienced.... While nar singh very experienced. Nar singh faught mostly asians and his opponents are asians. Against them he did well previous competitions.... So we can hope for a medal from Nar singh. But i bet on Yogesh dutt and Sushil kumar.... Both are the most experienced wrestler wrestling in olympic.... Best of Luck to Amir kumar and Nar singh for todays bouts....

Tintu Luka did well; her timing was within 2 minutes (1:59:69); her personal best is 1:59:17. She is just 21 and I hope next olympic she will go as a medal prospect. However , her disadvantage is her height and her inability to peak-up to the end. Hope the government and India gold quest will do the needful so that she can get enough foreign exposure in next four years. Otherwise it will be difficult to raise the standard.

Another promising runner is Aswini Akkunji (400m and 400m H) who is now serving ban after using contaminated food suppliment. She is 22-23 and I hope she will be prepared to contend for a medal in 2016. Unlike Tintu, she is taller, can peak up in last 100 meters. She has already won gold in Asian games 400m H.

@sab Aswini is my favorite.... She was tricked by brits and IOC.... she was a big threat to the brits. Infact she would had won Gold medal.... But she been drugged.... Her coach was a set up by the IOC.... Aswini is a gold medal girl. She USAIN BOLT in female catagory.... Her height very tall like Usain Bolt....

Today its Amit kumar and Nar singh Wrestling bout.... Nar Singh been rated a medal winner and Amit Kumar been rated Dark Horses.... Amit kumar being youngest wrestler is future of india. He treating this olympic his first and last. He means bussiness.... However we shouldnt hope much because he just too much young and unexperienced.... While nar singh very experienced. Nar singh faught mostly asians and his opponents are asians. Against them he did well previous competitions.... So we can hope for a medal from Nar singh. But i bet on Yogesh dutt and Sushil kumar.... Both are the most experienced wrestler wrestling in olympic.... Best of Luck to Amir kumar and Nar singh for todays bouts....
Ok best of luck, I hope they will bring Gold or Silver medal.:cheers:

@sab Aswini is my favorite.... She was tricked by brits and IOC.... she was a big threat to the brits. Infact she would had won Gold medal.... But she been drugged.... Her coach was a set up by the IOC.... Aswini is a gold medal girl. She USAIN BOLT in female catagory.... Her height very tall like Usain Bolt....

Are you crazy? She is my favourite too. But why do you bring in Brits and IOC in everything. When she was banned (and other 5-6 girls) she was no where near the timing to win a medal. Her best was 56:12 in Asian games (400m h) and you need around 53 s atleast to be onpodium. She is yet to break P T Usha's record.

The whole incident exposes how unfrofessional our sports bodies, coaches and athletes. SAI coudnt provide tested suppliments on time , so the coach bought and gave contaminated suppliment from China and gave the athletes without sending it for testing,

Back
Top Bottom