Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
If the spirit of the population & athletes are now utilized properly, & govt. now starts mission - 2016 from now only (for short term) & mission - 2028 ( for long term) than i m sure in 2016 we will win atleast 20 medals, in 2020 we will win 35-40 medals, in 2024 we can get around the 50 mark & in 2028 we can get around 70 or so, anything after that will be tough since after that each medal will be fought hard between US, China & India.

Yeah Agree!!

Its mostly depends on Gov Efforts in utilizing the raw Talent we have, Lets hope for some drastic changes.

have u heard the song "holey holey.....holey holey" before we were not even assured of a medal from even 1 sport now we have 3 of them + in all probability we will get medals from badminton, archery, tennis also so we can play well 6 sports now, so slowly we will be good in others as well, so i sing again this song "holey holey.....holey holey" :D

well iam not saying that we should start winning medals in other event asap, i am also singing the same song buddy....

what i am saying is that we should put our representation in athletics and swimming....Boxing could be made up as our Forte, just like china does in Table tennis....and then start winning 1 or 2 medals in other events.....

Our govn providing 7star facilities to cricketers and not even providing proper food to others...

If they give equal importance to all, we might crossed double digit already...

Our govn providing 7star facilities to cricketers and not even providing proper food to others...

If they give equal importance to all, we might crossed double digit already...

Your data is somewhat inaccurate mate... BCCI is not a Goverment organization... Nor government gives any incentives to Cricketers or BCCI... Infact very few know that BCCI gives about 50 to 75 crores per anum for other sports development in India... How many knows that Owner of Venky's Livestock (Indian Firm) own Blackburn FC at UK... Why not they pour this money to promote Soccer in India?? Its our mindset whyblame BCCI.. You perform, you will attention as well as facility (Money)... By the way goverment have poured 50 million USD for training athletes for london 2012.. We are making slow but steady progress... Mate India is a giant in future to recon with... We should concentrate on promoting other games rather than blaming cricket...

Did anyone see Sushil biting the ear of Kazakh wrestler :unsure:

i saw the whole fight he didn't bite it...there was a moment where he accidentally pulled his ear that too for 2 seconds....

Dont worry His request will be turned down.....I am sure...

Did anyone see Sushil biting the ear of Kazakh wrestler :unsure:

I saw the match live...he didn't bite his ear, the referee was standing so close watching the proceeding and also the Kazakh would have immediately stopped the proceeding if Sushil bit his ear - since each and every players aware of the wresting rule...

well iam not saying that we should start winning medals in other event asap, i am also singing the same song buddy....

what i am saying is that we should put our representation in athletics and swimming....Boxing could be made up as our Forte, just like china does in Table tennis....and then start winning 1 or 2 medals in other events.....

rightly said, i think we should seriously work on these five olympic sports (just look at the no. of medals on offer):

Badminton - 15 medals

Boxing - 42 medals

Wrestling - 64 medals

Shooting - 45 medals

Archery - 12 medals

---------------------------------

Total - 178 medals :woot::woot:

even if we can win 10 % of them that would mean 18+ medals :tup::tup:

These five should be our priority sport but our participation should be there in as many as possible.

That too ..nobody knows what is cricket ..except some dozen of countries.....

World cup of cricket is actually dozen countries cup only.....

Wrong, only 14 nations play world cup... 10 test playing nations and rest of the four Associate nation who qualifying for the tournament... Cricket is played internationally...

^^ @ arp2041: U'av done some research bro, hehe......Boxing and shooting have so many different types of events that we dont even particpate in...10% in every event is vey tough.....

File:ICC-cricket-member-nations.png

^^ @ arp2041: U'av done some research bro, hehe......Boxing and shooting have so many different types of events that we dont even particpate in...10% is every event is vey tough.....

that's why i said that we should do hard work in these sports & ensure our full participation in them, earlier we din't had any medal for pistol event in shooting but now we have, so slowly we can ensure our 100% participation.

that's why i said that we should do hard work in these sports & ensure our full participation in them, earlier we din't had any medal for pistol event in shooting but now we have, so slowly we can ensure our 100% participation.

And there is no doubt to that, but the thing is we are not representing in other events like athletics and swimming...we will continue to do well in those three sports, but then most of the time we will end up with 10-15 medals...we need to put our attention on track and field+ swimming, there is no doubt in my mind that if we can put athletes on those events..we will start a new chapter...

And there is no doubt to that, but the thing is we are not representing in other events like athletics and swimming...we will continue to do well in those three sports, but then most of the time we will end up with 10-15 medals...we need to put our attention on track and field+ swimming, there is no doubt in my mind that if we can put athletes on those events..we will start a new chapter...

This time, atleast we have done wonders in athletics, yes we haven't won any medals but the performance was many times better than earlier olympics - Vikas finished 8th & Krishna -7th in discuss throw, Thoddi finished 10th in 20km walk, Tintu qualified for semi-finals of 800mts, do u know only 7 Indians have qualified for finals of an athletic event in our Olympic history & of them 2 have been in this olympics (vikas & krishna) so u can see the difference for urself, swimming is certainly of a concern though.

Back
Top Bottom