Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
we dont need 20 yrs for bringing 60 medals..we can do it in 10 yrs or less but if we attention to these supports.
These guys are coming from areas who are provided facilities and HRY is among those states...so keep focus on investment in these sports rather than cricket...n keep politics away..see wat happnd to hockey due to politics

forget hockey now, we once won 8 golds in hockey, but it's history now, medals are not won on history, i m in favor of making Boxing or Wrestling our national game, what u think.

+ from now on we will get atleast 2 medals each from shooting, wrestling & boxing in every olympics.

P.S. wonder where the 27 people who voted for 0 medals are now?? they should be banned for unnecessary trolling the polls :D

Our govn providing 7star facilities to cricketers and not even providing proper food to others...

If they give equal importance to all, we might crossed double digit already...

Our govn providing 7star facilities to cricketers and not even providing proper food to others...

"Undoubtedly this is golden leaf in Indian sports history, what Sushil Kumar achieved is unbelievable and incredible. that's really great whole nation salutes him."

From such simple training facilities to reach finals of Olympics is truly great....

london-olympics-sushil_kumar_India-sexy.wrestler.jpg

True! Bro!! This is really remarkable achievement!!

Lets hope Gov. spend more money on training and everything related to all Olympics sports, In this cricket frenzy Nation!!

Our Athlets have shown that they can bring medals even with little support from Gov. ! We need to learn from China! They are providing world class facilities to their athlets and spending a lot of money on training them hard etc.

I am glad with 6 Medal, although i was expecting around 10(Boxing,archery,+2 in shooting--> *disappointed*)

But still we have doubled the number of medals from our previous Olympics...Thats good! We are improving! :)

2004: 1 Medal
2008: 3 Medals
2012: 6 Medals

By this 100% increase in number of Medals in Every Olympics. Lets predict...if we will host Olympic by 2028 or 2032, then we will be able to get Top 3 spot by then.

*Realistic Expectations*

2016: 12 Medals
2020: 24 Medals
2024: 44 Medals
2028: 88 Medals (Most probably we will be able to Host olympics in 2028)

--------

Indian members, Your thoughts?

:)

forget hockey now, we once won 8 golds in hockey, but it's history now, medals are not won on history, i m in favor of making Boxing or Wrestling our national game, what u think.

+ from now on we will get atleast 2 medals each from shooting, wrestling & boxing in every olympics.

P.S. wonder where the 27 people who voted for 0 medals are now?? they should be banned for unnecessary trolling the polls :D

We will not do well if only perform in these three events....We need to put some sought of representation in Athletics and Swimming...Both of them account for more then 60 medals......
China and USA are doing well because in each freaking event they have one or two athletes participating....
We need to put our attention on Tracks and field sports....

*Realistic Expectations*

--------

Your thoughts?

If the spirit of the population & athletes are now utilized properly, & govt. now starts mission - 2016 from now only (for short term) & mission - 2028 ( for long term) than i m sure in 2016 we will win atleast 20 medals, in 2020 we will win 35-40 medals, in 2024 we can get around the 50 mark & in 2028 we can get around 70 or so, anything after that will be tough since after that each medal will be fought hard between US, China & India.

That too ..nobody knows what is cricket ..except some dozen of countries.....

World cup of cricket is actually dozen countries cup only.....

We will not do well if only perform in these three events....We need to put some sought of representation in Athletics and Swimming...Both of them account for more then 60 medals......
China and USA are doing well because in each freaking event they have one or two athletes participating....
We need to put our attention on Tracks and field sports....

have u heard the song "holey holey.....holey holey" before we were not even assured of a medal from even 1 sport now we have 3 of them + in all probability we will get medals from badminton, archery, tennis also so we can play well 6 sports now, so slowly we will be good in others as well, so i sing again this song "holey holey.....holey holey" :D

India doubled its medal count compared to beijing.... By 2016 we will have around 15 medals for sure.... This olympic we might had got 10 to 12 medals if our archers, shooters and boxers would had done well.... My heart goes to boxers. 4 of them been cheated.... But look at bright side. Brit pm did its best to stop us win medals by putting us with top rankers.... Sushil did well. i hope we win gold but even if we lose still we will have a silver medal.... Am very Happy that india did well even when they dont get basic needs by goverment....

True! Bro!! This is really remarkable achievement!!

Lets hope Gov. spend more money on training and everything related to all Olympics sports, In this cricket frenzy Nation!!

Our Athlets have shown that they can bring medals even with little support from Gov. ! We need to learn from China! They are providing world class facilities to their athlets and spending a lot of money on training them hard etc.

I am glad with 6 Medal, although i was expecting around 10(Boxing,archery,+2 in shooting--> *disappointed*)

But still we have doubled the number of medals from our previous Olympics...Thats good! We are improving! :)

2004: 1 Medal
2008: 3 Medals
2012: 6 Medals

By this 100% increase in number of Medals in Every Olympics. Lets predict...if we will host Olympic by 2028 or 2032, then we will be able to get Top 3 spot by then.

*Realistic Expectations*

--------

Your thoughts?

I agree with you on most of your points, our sports needs funding for proper training facilities...also I want the government to stay away from administration of the sports bodies by the politicians - instead they can create sports bodies headed by former players and CEO's from our private companeis such us Narayana Murthi, Shiv Nadar, Azim Premji becuse they have donated huge amount of money for the betterment of our country from their own pocket and they will do good if sports bodies are given in their hand...Also now most our our top athelts are funded and helped by two private sport bodies Olympic Gold Quest Olympic Gold Quest and Mittal Champions Trust http://www.mittalchampionstrust.com/ourathletes.html

Mate, BCCI IS doing that & Not Govt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom