What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
Thanks brother. I was cheering on the chinese shooters a lot since Indians failed this time.....but the brazilian crowd was such bad sports and noisy all the time :undecided:

@AndrewJin

Congratulations, India! Now you finally got started.

I was watching Chinese women volleyball team beating Brazilian team on TV live, Brazilian crowd was terrible. Chinese team just had to vent their anger, from the booing of Brazilian crowd, on their team. :cheesy:

Congrats Sakshi Malik!
It could had come a lot earlier but anyways congrats. Archery, Shooting, Hockey, Tennis, Gymnastic all had huge chances....

Also Vinesh got injured she had chances of medal pretty easy :(..More wrestling and Badminton to come

Today Babita Kumari will compete in 53kg, she has good chance of winning medal! (2 out of 3 girls, Vinesh and Babita were medal contenders but surprisingly Sakshi has won the medal so far.....)

Congratulations to my Indian friends. Today is a happy day for you guys:)
I sincerely hope your country can put in some resources into sports. Asian sports will never be at its best without the participation of 1.1 billion people. Come on you can't tell me you don't care. 58 pages of cheering is the proof that you do care! Everybody wants their national flags raised, anthem heard, people represented.

Now doing sports takes money you say. But a few billion dollars for a country of your size is peanuts. And you don't have to do all sports at once. Just pick a few that you have a good foundation and build from there. Spend some money on the kids. It's good for the sports, and more importantly good for the kids which is what sports is all about anyway. Winning will make it all up. Look at how happy and proud Malik, her family and coaches were. That joy of winning is worth it!

Congrats Sakshi, but i really feel sad for vinesh.. she get injury in her first bout...and the second bout become fatal.. otherwise i had full hopes from her .. she is agile, aggressive and Tactical.. I wish speedy recovery and prove her self in upcoming years...

Congratulations.. Finally.. With a record number of athletes participating India going home empty handed would have been preposterous.. Even the natural scheme of odds will be against it.. Maybe this is the catalyst they needed.. All the best

And South Asia too, Cos India is the only South Asian country with even the remotest chance of a medal, They represent the whole region

feels sad for srikanth ..he gave all with his match against Lin Dan........but that guy was way too good for anyone
Thats right. Feeling sad for Vinesh too....She was looking excellent but then injury can destroy any sportperson's dream....bad luck.

Congrats!
Anybody knows what's the prize for the bronze medalist in India?
2.5 crores....or almost $400 thousands by different different orgs.

Congrats!
Anybody knows what's the prize for the bronze medalist in India?

Maybe around 300k USD or so combined from different awards and incentives.

I think @ranjeet knows this more well ...he was saying something about 2 Crore rupees somewhere.

I think @ranjeet knows this more well ...he was saying something about 2 Crore rupees somewhere.

i think some parts goes to taxes and some part to wrestling federation of india ......she would get around 70% of the win.

But i think state govt of haryana will also give some prize to her as well as central govt.

Its way more than that bro.
Haryana govt giving 2 crores+ land in the state.
Railways giving 50 Lakhs+ permanent job in railway( she is already employed though).
Indian Olympic body giving 20 Lakhs.
JSW giving 15 lakhs.
Her coach is getting more than 25 lakhs as reward too. All in all....its money is showering on her....
PS: Just to inform that a gold medalist will get 6 crores from Haryana govt and 1 crore from Railways. Silver medalist will get 4 crores and 75 lakhs respectively.

http://indianexpress.com/sports/rio...east-rs-2-5-crore-after-bronze-medal-2982125/

Railways giving 50 Lakhs+ permanent job in railway( she is already employed though).
JSW giving 15 lakhs.
Her coach is getting more than 25 lakhs as reward too. All in all....its money is showering on her....
PS: Just to inform that a gold medalist will get 6 crores from Haryana govt and 1 crore from Railways. Silver medalist will get 4 crores and 75 lakhs respectively.

http://indianexpress.com/sports/rio...east-rs-2-5-crore-after-bronze-medal-2982125/

OK my bad bro! At least there is good incentive these days compared to before.

I am sure Indian sports will only continue to improve over time. I hope Modi in 2nd term can really reform the bureaucracy side of it (he has more urgent things to focus his time on right now).

370K USD already announced plus a government job. Most probably a DSP post.

JSW giving 15 lakhs.

Sakshi will be getting 2.5 crore and government job from Haryana. Considering our state sports minister went on junket to rio just for wrestling games I expect she will be getting much more than this.

Back
Top Bottom