What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
JISNE BHI ZERO MEDAL VOTE KIYA USKI.................................................................................................

What about the people who voted medals in double digits?

Congrats!
Anybody knows what's the prize for the bronze medalist in India?

At least 5 crores. That is 5 million RMB.

Its way more than that bro.
Haryana govt giving 2 crores+ land in the state.
Railways giving 50 Lakhs+ permanent job in railway( she is already employed though).
Indian Olympic body giving 20 Lakhs.
JSW giving 15 lakhs.
Her coach is getting more than 25 lakhs as reward too. All in all....its money is showering on her....
PS: Just to inform that a gold medalist will get 6 crores from Haryana govt and 1 crore from Railways. Silver medalist will get 4 crores and 75 lakhs respectively.

http://indianexpress.com/sports/rio...east-rs-2-5-crore-after-bronze-medal-2982125/

they deserved it.. Support comes only after getting medal..

last year, i went to eat panipuri with my friends.. the guy who selling Chat ( panipuri) received medals at national and international events in Taekwando( don't remember exactly).. Due to financial problems he quit sports and selling Panipuri.. Even Olympics medalist selling golgappa in delhi .. if im not wrong..

last year, i went to eat panipuri with my friends.. the guy who selling Chat ( panipuri) received medals at national and international events in Taekwando( don't remember exactly).. Due to financial problems he quit sports and selling Panipuri.. Even Olympics medalist selling golgappa in delhi .. if im not wrong..

I remember story many years back of former hockey player being ticket collector in railways now because of injury and bureaucrats replacing him even though he still had great talent.

We do not take care of out athletes at all (the ones that aspire but may not have won a big recognition yet)....in fact they are often crushed and oppressed by the bureaucracy in all sorts of ways.

It needs to change....and change fast.

But at least now bright spots are slowly emerging and expanding.

The formula is now well known (charted by Badminton especially)....so implementing this formula everywhere else and even multiple numbers of it within same sport (to create say more healthy competition and rivalry between centres of sporting excellence) is what is needed in the long term.

10 medals per olympics is needed as bare minimum I think....and then expand from there.

Whats needed is to have each athlete to be sponsored by an Indian or foreign organisation. As most of the Indian contingent to Rio have yet to win a medal, the price of sponsorship shouldnt be that high. Sponsorships for past medal winners will naturally cost more but the returns for the sponsoring organisation can be massive!.

Imagine the bronze medalist being sponsored say 20,000 USD per year for her training. Now with her winnings and being in the national headlines, the returns would be exponentially high for the sponsors!

Forget help from the Indian olympics committees, they are a bunch of thieving fcukers. The private sector has to take over and its a great opportunity to make lots of money and bring in medals.

Li injures herself in the first semi final of women singles. It's brave of her to complete the match, I hope the injury is not serious and she compete in the bronze medal match.

Kidambi Srikanth provided a brave fight on Wednesday against World No 3 Lin Dan but he came out second best after showing nerves in the first game and impatience in the late stages of the final game. But his fellow shuttler PV Sindhu would look to keep the Indian flag flying and aim for a medal when she takes on Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara in the semi-final at Rio 2016 Olympics. Sindhu enjoys a poorer head-to-head against the World No 6 but would come into the match full of confidence having beaten better ranked players in the past two rounds – especially Wang Yihan of China in the previous match.

http://indianexpress.com/sports/rio...les-badminton-video-streaming-day-13-2983155/

Lets see if she gets a chance in the repechage round,However I doubt it if the greek lady can get to the finals.

Heard Babita was down with Zika virus fever during the last few days.

Back
Top Bottom