What's new

Indian Navy wants to induct 200 aircraft’s by 2020

The army has been asked to rope in some warriors to make a USMC kind of thing. Theere are already joint excersices happening to make it feasible. This will materialize very soon.

The army has been asked to rope in some warriors to make a USMC kind of thing. Theere are already joint excersices happening to make it feasible. This will materialize very soon.

articleibg.jpg

200 latest aircraft by 2020 only in navy.. i think only navy aircraft can easily over take entire pak airforce aircraft....i listen Indian Navy is expected to spend about US$40 billion on military modernization from 2008 to 2013....that's great news..

200 latest aircraft by 2020 only in navy.. i think only navy aircraft can easily over take entire pak airforce aircraft....i listen Indian Navy is expected to spend about US$40 billion on military modernization from 2008 to 2013....that's great news..

pakistan is now old news:sniper::sniper:

Джина був євнухо;981584 said:
no still new in terrorism...

Chill guys ... Never underestimate the Pakistanis.
:cheers:

Looking at these and spate of other reports -- I can only help but wonder that India is planning to spend some serious amount of money -----

Wonder what is suddenly driving all these ? Cant help but get a feeling that Government knows something that we dont ---

these 200 aircrafts will include 45 Mig-29K, 50 NLCAs, ~40 F-35/RAFALE
10-P8I, 4-5-- AWACs, some Tu-95 and choppers...

Its simply that we now have money which we didnt 10 years back. Simply catching up.

to become a true ble water navy we need everything we can get

This is a part of the vision 2022 of the Indian Navy, the details of which were spelled out by then Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sureesh Mehta, and in his speech he specifically mentioned the IN intends to have a air command consisting of 400 aircrafts by 2022.

Stating that India's expanding maritime responsibilities and interests would necessitate enhancement in force levels too, Mehta said the Navy was looking at becoming a 160-plus ship force by 2022. "By 2022, we plan to have 160-plus ship navy, including three aircraft carriers, 60 major combatants, including submarines and close to 400 aircraft of different types. This will be a formidable three dimensional force with satellite surveillance and networking to provide force multiplication," Mehta said.

Indian Navy Chief Admiral Sureesh Mehta Spells Out Vision 2022 | India Defence

as per one estimate the details of the above mentioned 400 aircrafts could be

• 30 ASW aircraft (Including long range, medium range, short range)
  • 50 ASW helicopters - (Sea King and Kamov)
  • 35 Transport aircraft
  • 120 Carrier-Based Aircraft - 3 Aircraft Carriers @ 40 A/C each [includes 1/2 of ASW helos]
  • 85 other aircraft
[35 fixed wing trainers, 35 utility helicopters, and 15 other helicopters]
  • 120 other aircraft not otherwise accounted for, possibly coastal defense fighters

Indian Naval Air Arm

MOST IMPORTANTLY IT WILL MAKE INAF THE SECOND LARGEST NAVAL AIRFORCE AFTER USA.

WITH 150 4.5 GEN TOTALLY NEW ...

MIG 29K
F35/RAFALE/SH
NAVAL LCA

IT WILL BE A MASSIVELY POWERFUL FORCE.

WOW..

JAI HO.

Yes a very good mix. of russian,western and Indian aircrafts. for different situations different aircraft will be available.

However IN is really lagging behind in Submarines and LPDs..hope the MoD buys some of these too..

Back
Top Bottom