What's new

Indian Navy to purchase 16 US multi-role choppers for $1 bn

So two of these choppers cost the same as one Rafale.
They better be good then :/

anyone wanna bet all 16 hawks will be delivered, inducted and flown before India even receives one Rafale :whistle:

I'm sure if India get's these babies and loves them and decides she wants more then you'll get more for cheaper.

the first induction is always expensive I believe.

was Eurocopter a contender as well???
Eurocopter EC725 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

damn beaut these are
if not the hawk the Super Cougar is the next best thing

damn beaut these are

The IN is looking at the EC-725 as part of the IN's requirement for 12 tonne NMRHS to fly from the IN's future LPHs/LPDs but the EC-725 wasn't part of this tender. This tender was for a 10 tonne NMRH for which the NH-90 and S-70B were the only two contenders.

anyone bets all 16 hawks will be delievered inducted and flown before India even receives one Rafale

The two purchases should be coming into the Indian military around the same time 2017/18.

China bought 24 S70c for army in 1980s when we have honeymoon with USA. it fly extremely well in Tibet, the most reliable chopper in the world.

Is this thread about China

anyone wanna bet all 16 hawks will be delivered, inducted and flown before India even receives one Rafale :whistle:

I'm sure if India get's these babies and loves them and decides she wants more then you'll get more for cheaper.

damn beaut these are

Well Americans are known to keep the delivery schedule in a Mind & this is just a starting order more will be made
On topic good news the chopper is a proven one

damn beaut these are

so excited about India US Partnership!

Very expensive but very good

First engines for tejas mk1 & mk2
followed by P8 posedion maritime planes
Then c130 & C17 gl;obemasters planes
Then S70 helicopters

NEXT ????

Then S70 helicopters

NEXT ????
f 35.jpg

Then S70 helicopters

NEXT ????
I am hoping for AWACS or drones for recon.

Good decision by India. The S-70B sea hawk is the best of its kind in the world. So i'm sure India wont regret this decision. Great going for India- U.S relations. :cheers:

Indeed Future isBright for Indo-American Ties that is if they don't play Sanction Sanction

I am hoping for AWACS or drones for recon.

Drones are good but not AWACS
They are very crucial system

Good decision by India. The S-70B sea hawk is the best of its kind in the world. So i'm sure India wont regret this decision. Great going for India- U.S relations. :cheers:

Notch one more up for the USN and IN operational commonality after the P8's and the interests in Triton - though this deal wasn't exactly by design and was a long time coming and there weren't other choices on the table.

Good for china india keeps buying china keeps building. Heck china should rachet up tensions and india blows billions and china use that to spend more. I think china should test fly j-20 in Tibet and watch india run to us again. Lol

Bloody 1 billion man these defence guysare crazy. Indian navy gets mmoney from indian citizens not us.
they should realise the poverty factor and get solutions for detterance. Which is cost effective or made in India.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom