What's new

Indian Navy takes delivery of its ninth Boeing P-8i naval surveillance aircraft

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
According to information published on November 18, 2020, the Indian Navy has received its ninth P-8i naval surveillance aircraft on Wednesday, November 18, 2020. The P-8i is the Indian version of the P-8A Poseidon Multimission Maritime Aircraft manufactured by Boeing.

The Indian Navy operates eight P-8I long-range maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft at INS Rajali. Boeing is also contracted to deliver four additional P-8I aircraft to the Indian Navy. Deliveries will begin in 2020. The first order by India for the P-8A Poseidon aircraft was signed in January 2000. In July 2016, India awarded Boeing a $1 billion contract for the purchase of four more P-8I maritime surveillance aircraft. India was the first international customer to buy P-8I aircraft from the United States.

The P-8A Poseidon is designed to perform long-range anti-submarine warfare (ASW), anti-surface warfare (ASuW), and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions. The P-8 delivers the highest levels of quality, reliability, and operability. A true multi-mission aircraft, it is defined by a unique combination of state of the art sensors, proven weapons systems, and a globally recognized platform.

The P-8s Indian variant is referred to as P-8I. The aircraft plays a crucial role in being the eyes of the Indian Navy and carrying out critical maritime operations. The aircraft has surpassed 25,000 flight-hours and gives India's maritime warriors a significant edge in the strategically important Indian Ocean region. Of a total of 12 ordered aircraft, India has received eight, making the Indian Navy's P-8 fleet the second largest in the world. Another four aircraft are on-schedule to be delivered in 2020.

The P-8I is not just responsible for coastal patrolling but is also used for other critical missions like search-and-rescue, anti-piracy, and supporting operations of other arms of the military.

The P-8A is based on the 737-800 and the wings of the 737-900. The internal weapons bay is installed beneath the forward section of the fuselage. The 737-900-style wings are built with hardpoints for carrying air-to-surface missiles. The P-8A has a crew of five operator stations (two naval flight officers plus three enlisted Aviation Warfare Operators/naval aircrewman).

The P-8i is fitted with the Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) Data Link II communications allowing the P-8I to exchange tactical data between Indian Navy aircraft, ships, and shore establishments. It also features an integrated BEL-developed IFF system.[85] India has purchased AGM-84L Harpoon Block II missiles and Mk 54 All-Up-Round Lightweight torpedoes for the P-8I.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to information published on November 18, 2020, the Indian Navy has received its ninth P-8i naval surveillance aircraft on Wednesday, November 18, 2020. The P-8i is the Indian version of the P-8A Poseidon Multimission Maritime Aircraft manufactured by Boeing.

The Indian Navy operates eight P-8I long-range maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft at INS Rajali. Boeing is also contracted to deliver four additional P-8I aircraft to the Indian Navy. Deliveries will begin in 2020. The first order by India for the P-8A Poseidon aircraft was signed in January 2000. In July 2016, India awarded Boeing a $1 billion contract for the purchase of four more P-8I maritime surveillance aircraft. India was the first international customer to buy P-8I aircraft from the United States.

The P-8A Poseidon is designed to perform long-range anti-submarine warfare (ASW), anti-surface warfare (ASuW), and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions. The P-8 delivers the highest levels of quality, reliability, and operability. A true multi-mission aircraft, it is defined by a unique combination of state of the art sensors, proven weapons systems, and a globally recognized platform.

The P-8s Indian variant is referred to as P-8I. The aircraft plays a crucial role in being the eyes of the Indian Navy and carrying out critical maritime operations. The aircraft has surpassed 25,000 flight-hours and gives India's maritime warriors a significant edge in the strategically important Indian Ocean region. Of a total of 12 ordered aircraft, India has received eight, making the Indian Navy's P-8 fleet the second largest in the world. Another four aircraft are on-schedule to be delivered in 2020.

The P-8I is not just responsible for coastal patrolling but is also used for other critical missions like search-and-rescue, anti-piracy, and supporting operations of other arms of the military.

The P-8A is based on the 737-800 and the wings of the 737-900. The internal weapons bay is installed beneath the forward section of the fuselage. The 737-900-style wings are built with hardpoints for carrying air-to-surface missiles. The P-8A has a crew of five operator stations (two naval flight officers plus three enlisted Aviation Warfare Operators/naval aircrewman).

The P-8i is fitted with the Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) Data Link II communications allowing the P-8I to exchange tactical data between Indian Navy aircraft, ships, and shore establishments. It also features an integrated BEL-developed IFF system.[85] India has purchased AGM-84L Harpoon Block II missiles and Mk 54 All-Up-Round Lightweight torpedoes for the P-8I.

These birds are a very potent addition to IN. I am surprised they have not gone for double digits considering that they have to cover a lot of area, Arabian Sea and the area around Andaman Islands will be easy pickings for them, The loiter time of around 4 hours at station during ASW is good as well.

Their worth will be known once PN gets its Hangor class subs.

These birds are a very potent addition to IN. I am surprised they have not gone for double digits considering that they have to cover a lot of area, Arabian Sea and the area around Andaman Islands will be easy pickings for them, The loiter time of around 4 hours at station during ASW is good as well.

Their worth will be known once PN gets its Hangor class subs.

India is bankrupt and have been cancelling deals due to heavy budget cuts and constraints.

India is bankrupt and have been cancelling deals due to heavy budget cuts and constraints.

Not surprising if True, it takes a lot of capital to maintain good Defence capability. Still these are a very potent addition not to be taken lightly. I still think PN did a great deal with the ATR MPA's. If they can increase their number with 2-3 squadrons of dedicated fighters to sweep around the Arabian Sea it will be a nightmare for IN.

bankrupt lol lol
they have record,forex reserves at 565 billion dollars buddy

bankrupt is,running to imf or friendly Arabs for loans

bankrupt lol lol
they have record,forex reserves at 565 billion dollars buddy

bankrupt is,running to imf or friendly Arabs for loans

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

FGFA - Cancelled

MMRCA - Cancelled/Curtailed

Aircraft Carrier - Cancelled

Predator Drones - Cancelled

LHD - Cancelled

Super Sukhoi - Deferred/Cancelled

US-2 - Cancelled

Igla-s - Deferred/Cancelled

MH-60R - Curtailed

S-400 - Curtailed

AH-64E - Curtailed

P-75I - Delayed

I can go on and on and on...

Brother forex reserves are not the benchmark for a rich country. Its a business mans money he invested hoping he will get back with some profit.
You can't use forex reserves for defence purchases lol. Its the money collected from taxes which is is used. Now do the math, how much money was collected and how much needed to be spent on India's development. We actually running a deficit budget. And unlike America we can't afford to big a deficit. Take example of pak.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

FGFA - Cancelled

MMRCA - Cancelled/Curtailed

Aircraft Carrier - Cancelled

Predator Drones - Cancelled

LHD - Cancelled

Super Sukhoi - Deferred/Cancelled

US-2 - Cancelled

Igla-s - Deferred/Cancelled

MH-60R - Curtailed

S-400 - Curtailed

AH-64E - Curtailed

P-75I - Delayed

I can go on and on and on...
Another definition of bankruptcy is called price negotiation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom