What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

@Supply&Demand

It is mobile missile coastal battery : INS Trata

The unit was commissioned on 12 Dec 1964 when the Indian Navy took over the coastal battery at Colaba point, from the army, which is presently INS Kunjali. The then Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral BS Soman commissioned it as INS Trata. On 26 Aug 1988 the Navy’s MMCB squadron was inducted. It was placed under the command of the Commanding Officer, INS Trata, when it shifted to Worli in Aug 1992. INS Trata/ Mobile Missile Coastal Battery (MMCB) Squadron is unique in the Indian Navy in the sense that not only is it an operational Missile Squadron that is intended to provide Missile Coverage / Coastal defense to the Coast of Gujarat and Maharashtra but also a shore establishment.

@kurup @Supply&Demand @Agent_47 @anant_s @sancho

1.jpg

2.jpg

Bhai , that is name of the unit , not the missile .

The tender shows that these missiles are going to be replaced soon .

Bhai , that is name of the unit , not the missile .

The tender shows that these missiles are going to be replaced soon .
That is Styx missile land based, same missile was used in 1971.

Why don't you produce source to show cost hike ? :coffee:

Cabinet nod for purchase of warships - The Hindu

"The CCS approved the purchase of three Russian frigates to be built to Indian specifications at a cost of Rs. 5,114 crore."

Rs 3L cr plan to boost India's naval might - The Times of India

This will follow the three 6,200-tonne stealth frigates built at MDL for Rs 8,101 crore, INS Shivalik, INS Satpura and INS Sahyadri

Talwar class:
Russian shipbuilding plant Yantar has asked Russia's state arms exporter, Rosoboronexport, for an additional $100 million to complete construction of three frigates for the Indian Navy, Russian business daily Kommersant said on Thursday.

Read more: Russian shipbuilders ask for $100 million to complete frigates for India / Sputnik International

Shivalik class:
The production of warships for the Indian Navy has faced considerable delays and a cost escalation of around 225 per cent in the case of the Kolkata-class destroyers and 260 per cent in the case of Shivalik-class frigates.
Indian warships' costs escalate over 225% | StratPost

cc @Abingdonboy

LOL, your own link said that the ship builder was consider asking Rosoboronexport for the money, no India. India did not pay anyting extra.

The escalation for Shivalik was for a FOLLOW ON ORDER. Not the initial order :lol:
Dude,What is your problem? can't you read ?
why do you get so defensive ? is it so hard to admit you are wrong.!

From the same report:
The escalation has been 260 per cent with respect to the Project-17 Shivalik-class frigates. According to Antony, the reasons are similar. He cited ‘delay in supply of warship building quality steel by Russia, delay in acquisition of weapon equipment from Russia, and delay in finalization of propulsion equipment in view of complex combined diesel and gas arrangement introduced for the first time in Indian Navy frigate’, as reasons for the escalation. While two of the P-17 frigates have been commissioned in April, 2010 and August, 2011 respectively, the third frigate is expected to be commissioned in early 2012.

Every prick here know we have paid more for vikky and Krivak frigates.
Why don't you improve reading and searching skills and find the links for yourself.

Dude,What is your problem? can't you read ?
why do you get so defensive ? is it so hard to admit you are wrong.!
From the same report:
Every prick here know we have paid more for vikky and Krivak frigates.
Why don't you improve reading and searching skills and find the links for yourself.

Defensive my @rse. I have problems with idiots who draw conclusions without actually reading and going by superficial understanding of the issue.

The 260 % escalation of cost was for the follow up order for 3 more Shivalik class. Once the contract is signed by the Shipbuilder the Indian Navy do not go around paying money just because someone asked for it. The contract is what matters. The new price was for the follow on orders for 3 more.

I agree every "Prick" seems to know all the misinformation.

Defensive my @rse. I have problems with idiots who draw conclusions without actually reading and going by superficial understanding of the issue.

The 260 % escalation of cost was for the follow up order for 3 more Shivalik class. Once the contract is signed by the Shipbuilder the Indian Navy do not go around paying money just because someone asked for it. The contract is what matters. The new price was for the follow on orders for 3 more.

I agree every "Prick" seems to know all the misinformation.

Who made you the queen of information?
Cant you read above quote, Mr Antony explains cost increase with reason.
Follow on Shivalik class is 7 not 3. And its construction not even started.
How would you explain cost escalation of scorpion subs,Vikramaditya,Vikrant,kolkata class oh..wait Talwar class?

admit+it+you%2527re+getting+defensive+because+I%2527m+right.png

Who made you the queen of information?
Cant you read above quote, Mr Antony explains cost increase with reason.
Follow on Shivalik class is 7 not 3. And its construction not even started.
How would you explain cost escalation of scorpion subs,Vikramaditya,Vikrant,kolkata class oh..wait Talwar class?

admit+it+you%2527re+getting+defensive+because+I%2527m+right.png

Stop wasting my time with your nonsense.

Antony was justifying the increase in cost for the follow On orders. International CONTRACTS mean something. Viki was an exception where the president of Russia had to intervene and fire the director of the ship builder, not to mention the Prime Minister of India. You must be a moron to think that is the norm.

If you want to make allegations, back it up with proofs. Not empty rhetoric's that is designed to make your feel better.

Picture of the INS Vikramaditya Hanger where Mig -29K are parked. Somebody count and tell me how many they see.

vikram-ops-13.jpg

cjY7zg4.jpg

Interior+of+INS+Vikramaditya+1.jpg

Rs 50k-cr naval project gets Cabinet nod

The Cabinet Committee on Security on Tuesday sanctioned the country's biggest naval project, the construction of seven stealth frigates for Rs 45,381 crore. Mazagon Dock Ltd (MDL), Mumbai , will build four of these, while Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers, Kolkata (GRSE), simultaneously builds the other three.

This project, dubbed Project 17A, follows on from the earlier Project 17, in which MDL built three 5,600-tonne frigates: INS Shivalik, Satpura and Sahyadri. The first of these, the Shivalik, entered service in 2009.

The timeline for Project 17A allows each shipyard a preparatory period of two years, in which they will prepare for construction and place orders for long-lead items like engines and transmission. Then they will actually build the warship over five years. The first two frigates would be delivered by MDL and GRSE in 2022, with the rest coming in pairs at one-year intervals.

The Project 17A frigates, while superficially similar to those build under Project 17, will pack significantly more punch with more advanced weaponry. The new vessels will be fitted with BrahMos cruise missile for land attack, and the new Indo-Israeli Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LR-SAM) that can shoot down incoming anti-ship missiles.

The main advance in Project 17A will be the "modular" method with which the frigates will be constructed. Traditional shipbuilding involved welding a hull together and launching it into water, after which swarms of craftsmen painstakingly work in the warship's cramped compartments, installing propulsion gear, electrically equipment, weapons, sensors and hundreds of kilometres of pipes and wiring.

In contrast, modular construction is like a giant Lego game. The ship is built in convenient 300-ton blocks that are then assembled together into a complete warship. Each block is fabricated in a well-lit, ventilated workshop with multi-level access, and is pre-fitted with the piping, electrical wiring and fitments that run through a ship. Giant cranes then bring the massive blocks together, each one dovetailing precisely with its neighbouring block, every wire, pipe and compartment coming together in perfect alignment.

Modular construction results in better build quality and is expected to bring down the build time from 72 to just 60 months.

This method, being new, has required a foreign design partner. It has also required an extensive renovation of both MDL and GRSE, with each shipyard spending Rs 800-1,000 crore on modular workshops, with Goliath cranes, and workshops with sliding roofs from where 300-tonne blocks can be lifted out.

Project 17A is vital for executing the navy's Maritime Capability Perspective Plan (MCPP), which envisions a 160-ship navy, with 90 capital warships, i.e. aircraft carriers, destroyers, frigates and corvettes. The navy is currently 20 vessels short of this target, with major shortfalls in destroyers and frigates.

To add numbers quickly, the navy had pressed for building the first two vessels of Project 17A abroad in the technology partners' shipyard. The United Progressive Alliance government overruled this.

Rs 50k-cr naval project gets Cabinet nod | Business Standard News
@Penguin will it really take 2022 to roll out first frigate ? i don't see big timeline advantage here. How do Chinese or Koreans do it in three years?

Back
Top Bottom