What's new

Indian navy MARCOS:Brief analysis

They already use UAVs and IAF transport helos. I dont think that they are para qualified to use IAF air lifters.

CRPF uses GPS, UAVs to fight Maoists - The Hindu

Yaara I mean a greater drone coverage, more persistent drones like Rustom-2 (unarmed) for near continuous surveillance, we lack HumInt resources in these regions so we must make up for that. Foliage penetration sensors are required in concert with the standard IR and TV sensors to catch large movements in the jungles. Wasn't referring to IAF air lifters- I mean an organic helo capacity fully integrated. COIN strategy must take into consideration that insurgencies take at least a decade + to quell once actual efforts are made to quell it- so for such a long period of engagement ad-hoc measures like just attaching a few IAF helos should be reconsidered and an organic capability provided.

AGS 17s are produced in license in India. M203 GLs are part of several US made small arms bought by several agencies including military units.

We have a dedicated anti terrorist unit that is trained for such OPs, that is the NSG!

The Marcos were only used to pin down the terrorists till the NSG arrived. Remember, at that time almost no Police department in the country had SWAT/QRTs Teams.

Mumbai Police had a QRT at that time...

@Koovie I just posted the article and the pics, I have removed the pics of the original article and posted pics related to Marcos except one or two pics, I should have removed them too.

Last edited by a moderator:
ne thing i wanna ask u guys that i have seen MARCOS doing operations in last 26/11 attacks before NSG came into action.So my question is if they r so much capable than y r they waiting fr NSG TO come.

We have a dedicated anti terrorist unit that is trained for such OPs, that is the NSG!

The Marcos were only used to pin down the terrorists till the NSG arrived. Remember, at that time almost no Police department in the country had SWAT/QRTs Teams.

Two things
1. Dealing with such things is NSG's mandate.
2. Marcos present at the location where not enogh in numbers to proceed with operation. It has nothing to do with training.

@Koovie : almost every police department ( state police ) has QRTs in place since decades. All major cities have their own QRTs

Two things
1. Dealing with such things is NSG's mandate.
2. Marcos present at the location where not enogh in numbers to proceed with operation. It has nothing to do with training.

@Koovie : almost every police department ( state police ) has QRTs in place since decades. All major cities have their own QRTs

Did not know that. But I guess almost all of them were not very useful for such large scale terror attacks and hostage crisis and more useful in hunting down gangsters and co. Most of their weaponry consisted of vintage AKs and WW2 era weaponry like Stens and Brens AFAIK.

Did not know that. But I guess almost all of them were not very useful for such large scale terror attacks and hostage crisis and more useful in hunting down gangsters and co. Most of their weaponry consisted of vintage AKs and WW2 era weaponry like Stens and Brens AFAIK.

Before 26/11 nobody expect such situations.
Most of the QRTs were formed after Mumbai blasts in 90s.

But QRTs in big cities like Mumbai, Nagpur , Pune etc ( I am from Maharashtra ) are using AKs and MP-5s since 2000.
Now situation has changed and we can see it in every state. Force One in Maharashtra got some serious stuff

On topic: A commando force is only as good as its transport capabilities and other support equipment like surveillance. India has one of the largest transport fleets in the world:

Indian Navy Sea Kings, Dhruvs and Allouette IIIs

a9287f3d-a5ee-44de-aec4-35046b3fdd74HiRes.JPG

674px-Indian_Navy_dhruv.jpg

The Marcos also make use of IAF transport aircraft (IL 76s, C 130J, AN 32s, Dhruvs, Cheetaks, Mi 17 V5s and other aircraft)

800px-Indian_Air_Force_IL-76_.JPG

C 130 J (Very well suited for special operations behind enemy lines)
535842_10151376848146395_170395792_n.jpg

The latest MI 17V5

IMG_2082-773535.jpg

Coming soon...
India%252BC17_Coast_SLIDE.jpg

New medium lift helos for the Navy and Chinook heavy lift helos for the IAF will also increase our SFs effectiveness.

UAVs for reconnaissance like the IAFs/Indian Navys Heron and Searcher UAVs

800px-Salon_du_Bourget_20090619_075.jpg

Searcher_UAV_Indian_Navy.jpg

@Koovie

Any picture or information about Cosmos CE-2F X100 two-man submarines operated by MARCOS from Indian circles ???

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=139575" target="_blank">Koovie</a></u>

Any picture or information about Cosmos CE-2F X100 two-man submarines operated by MARCOS from Indian circles ???

I only know about this old video from Maroof Raza which feature MARCOS training on those two men subs...

Maybe they have already switched to other underwater vehicles....

Back
Top Bottom