What's new

Indian Muslim Lawmaker Assaulted and Beaten for Taking Oath in Hindi

Actually the title is misleading!!!

there happened to be a brawl during the oath taking ceremony only becoz of the linguistic differences.

the title "Indian Muslim Lawmaker Assaulted and Beaten for Taking Oath in Hindi" is completely misleading
the title is justified if it were to say "Indian Muslim Lawmaker Assaulted and Beaten for Taking Oath in URDU/PARSI/ARABIC".

the issue is simply regional, miscreants were using this as a platform for votebank politics.

One should not entertain such ideas or behavior, however if there were genuine representation issues they should be dealt with.

always nation first, region next!!!.

hope indian members agree wid me

abby yaar, first you said don't reply and now again you started taking cheap shots?
Its about respecting our culture and more over north Indian politicians creating vote bank and trying to Isolate native Maharashtrians!

King,
The North Indian Politicians like Mulayam, Azami and Amar Singh are Friends to No North Indian, If they make the same propoganda regarding snatching Mike and saying doing so they r Protecting Culture they will be Indeed on the Wrong Side fooling Me.
But Then its just Me.This is My Opinion. So I cant Spare Raj or Amar . Both are Greedy only for my Vote Nothing else.

They Both are Ugly Faces of Opportunistic and Ugly Politics. Thats why i voted for Congress which at least gives Nuclear deals which gives Jobs to me n my Friends.

The ironical part is That me n u Get caught in this ugly politcs; take sides, they ( Raj n Amar ) win and we are left with our "languages" and the ever existing "our real problems".
And The Cycle Continues. We Know what it Means but still are not willing to Understand.

PS : This is My Last Post in This Thread. Over n Out.

Quit whining please. Its politics. Get over it.

And stop fretting about the unity of India every time some regional issues crop up.

Regional Issues are the Greatest Threat to Indian Unity .. can u Deny it ? Its a Threat larger Than Terrorists and China/Pakistan. Its Like Two brothers Fight as enemy enjoys .. Its all about Unity.

Last edited:
Its a naked truth, but i want to know how justified is the effort to resolve Cross Border Issues with our neighbours who leave no chance to create a dispute when we , Indians dont have the honesty enough to even "Tolerate" another Language ?

Im sorry to say this, but i feel hurt with this.
It Hurts my Pride when i Think that India is still suffering with "Language" Wars How Can it then Solve "Border" Issues ?

I have my relatives in Maharashtra ( Natives ) i never ever imagined that i'll have to face such "language" wars .

Quit whining please. Its politics. Get over it.

And stop fretting about the unity of India every time some regional issues crop up.

Regional Issues are the Greatest Threat to Indian Unity .. can u Deny it ? Its a Threat larger Than Terrorists and China/Pakistan. Its Like Two brothers Fight as enemy enjoys .. Its all about Unity.

No they're not. However, if you keep slandering regional pride and try to impose uniformity, then that could be a threat to unity.

The greatest threat to our country right now is Maoism.

abby yaar, first you said don't reply and now again you started taking cheap shots?
Its about respecting our culture and more over north Indian politicians creating vote bank and trying to Isolate native Maharashtrians!

I fail to understand how if somebody speaks in Hindi is an insult to Marathi or Maharashtrians. Abu Azmi was well within his right to speak in any Indian language, it was his PERSONAL choice. We live in a free and democratic country and everybody has a right to choose. Nobody can impose any language or culture on anybody.
Mumbai has always been a cosmopolitain city and it's the fundamental right of every Indian to live, work and practise there own respective cultures and believes in any part of the country. Nobody insulted maharashtrians or marathi (prove me wrong if you believe otherwise) infact raj thackrey and his bunch of retards have threatened, abused others' cultures (ever heard the concept of give respect and take respect) and yes going by your logic marathi should never be spoken outside the borders of Maharashtra, will you agree???

MNS people are also Indian nationalists. Maratha nationalism and Indian nationalism are not exclusive.

maratha nationalism is counter-productive...and so was the tamil nationalism of the 80s and 90s...nationaims within states has caused many disputes...

^Precisely. When in Maharashtra, try to atleast pretend to respect the Marathis. If you cannot do that, then you are creating trouble purposefully.

is it written anywhere in our constitution?
an elected man got beat up because of not following the whims and fancies of a wannabe thackrey?
personal choices have to be accepted...the marathis have an overdose of marathi nationalism...there is a cost that you have to pay to compromise on democratic principles.

In Karnataka, a Marathi-speaking MLA was expelled from the House as he could not speak in Kannada..
is this written in our constitution? where where you then??

there must have been some uproar over the issue...
two wrongs don't make a right...

King,
The North Indian Politicians like Mulayam, Azami and Amar Singh are Friends to No North Indian, If they make the same propoganda regarding snatching Mike and saying doing so they r Protecting Culture they will be Indeed on the Wrong Side fooling Me.
But Then its just Me.This is My Opinion. So I cant Spare Raj or Amar . Both are Greedy only for my Vote Nothing else.

They Both are Ugly Faces of Opportunistic and Ugly Politics. Thats why i voted for Congress which at least gives Nuclear deals which gives Jobs to me n my Friends.

The ironical part is That me n u Get caught in this ugly politcs; take sides, they ( Raj n Amar ) win and we are left with our "languages" and the ever existing "our real problems".
And The Cycle Continues. We Know what it Means but still are not willing to Understand.

PS : This is My Last Post in This Thread. Over n Out.

The fact that MNS and their likes are getting support shows that people are feeling insecure about their nativity. You can't blame a cause for being taken up by an opportunist.

What is happening here is not a regional issue the way u think it is. It is a genuine concern a population has with regards to the immigration they are facing. The immigration, which is of tremendously large scale today, is unfortunately legal by the constitution. If states like Bihar and UP had their house in order there would not be problems for other states. In fact it would save some insurgency problem in the NE. Anywhere you see in India you see these people coming from so far ready to work for the least wages competing with the locals and lowering their standards of living, forcing them to work for lower wages. THe result is a huge gap in the society which causes further problems. The migrant laborer goes back home and enjoys with his family. His master got his work done and got his profit. In the end what remains is the friction because of economic gap.

Indian unity is based on fairness and equality, equality of cultures not equality of mere persons. We need not go through a cultural revolution to get rid of our differences. The way forward is to preserve our rich heritage and live with unity in diversity.

No they're not. However, if you keep slandering regional pride and try to impose uniformity, then that could be a threat to unity.

The greatest threat to our country right now is Maoism.
Exactly my point.

I fail to understand how if somebody speaks in Hindi is an insult to Marathi or Maharashtrians. Abu Azmi was well within his right to speak in any Indian language, it was his PERSONAL choice. We live in a free and democratic country and everybody has a right to choose. Nobody can impose any language or culture on anybody.
Mumbai has always been a cosmopolitain city and it's the fundamental right of every Indian to live, work and practise there own respective cultures and believes in any part of the country. Nobody insulted maharashtrians or marathi (prove me wrong if you believe otherwise) infact raj thackrey and his bunch of retards have threatened, abused others' cultures (ever heard the concept of give respect and take respect) and yes going by your logic marathi should never be spoken outside the borders of Maharashtra, will you agree???

maratha nationalism is counter-productive...and so was the tamil nationalism of the 80s and 90s...nationaims within states has caused many disputes...

is it written anywhere in our constitution?
an elected man got beat up because of not following the whims and fancies of a wannabe thackrey?
personal choices have to be accepted...the marathis have an overdose of marathi nationalism...there is a cost that you have to pay to compromise on democratic principles.

The constitution of India was accepted by different peoples with an implicit guarantee in mind, the guarantee that they will be allowed to live the way they were. Asking for more 'unity' just because YOU think that one language will cause better unity is just being simplistic. You are talking about altering cultures here, people will not want to forget what they received from their forefathers. You are manipulating the spirit of constitution when you say that I will go to some state and after getting elected to some body there by claiming to be a representative of people there, I will practice my culture in public and with public there. Not at least when you are representing people there.

I do not agree that Maratha nationalism is counter productive, nor was Tamil nationalism. The consolidation that Tamil nationalism caused is shown by the stability we see now here. Tamils needed to know that they are getting the respect they deserved. They do not want one soul to ask them to learn hindi to be an Indian. Their learning hindi is just a matter of convenience. And when the fears are finally gone we see the results.

Like wise the maratha nationalism will settle down slowly. I agree that there have been excesses. But the support for the movement shows there is a real problem.
If you are ignoring these and demanding that all people be Indians and let their fellow Indians overwhelm their place and culture just because the constitution literally provides for that then you are asking too much, taking away the security that the constitution tries to give to its people.

A classic example by vsdoc is how parsis came to India and mingled with the culture here.

Back
Top Bottom