What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Shourya is the game changer.
The missile when stored in silos can be completely safe from any attack and is a real secon strike weapon.

Infact i think this misile is the real key to indian second strike doctrine.

Harden silos can be taken out by precision guided missiles so they are not as reliable as back in the 70s. So your statement would be valid 40 years ago but its no longer valid. To have credible 2nd strike capability, a nation needs SLBMs

Harden silos can be taken out by precision guided missiles so they are not as reliable as back in the 70s. So your statement would be valid 40 years ago but its no longer valid. To have credible 2nd strike capability, a nation needs SLBMs

The Shaurya missile is speculated to be the land version of the under-water Sagarika K-15 missile, although DRDO officials have reportedly denied its connection with the K-15 program.

Essentially it was developed after we tested the K-15 SLBM

The Shaurya missile is speculated to be the land version of the under-water Sagarika K-15 missile, although DRDO officials have reportedly denied its connection with the K-15 program.

Essentially it was developed after we tested the K-15 SLBM

Why does India place an 750KM range missile in silo? That is as wacky as having a ship fire ballistic missiles?? I do not understand the thinking as I do not know the reasons behind it.

Why does India place an 750KM range missile in silo? That is as wacky as having a ship fire ballistic missiles?? I do not understand the thinking as I do not know the reasons behind it.

Pakistan mainly, That is a country which requires no more than 750 km to cover completely.

You make you weapons to counter you enemies.

While China, Russia and North Korea has the US to contend with.
They spend huge amounts of money mobilizing huge ICBM's on priority

India, primarily only has PAkistan. So why would the parliament of the nation approve a plan for Hugely expensive ICBM when the same deterrence can be achieved with a much cheaper Short range missile.

That's why we have short range ballistic missiles, and in large numbers.
They are there to counter Pakistan

All the longer range Missiles are meant as deterrence for China, But obviously they cost more. So make short range less expensive missiles for Pakistan and Longer range more expensive missiles for China

Pakistan mainly, That is a country which requires no more than 750 km to cover completely.

You make you weapons to counter you enemies.

While China, Russia and North Korea has the US to contend with.
They spend huge amounts of money mobilizing huge ICBM's on priority

India, primarily only has PAkistan. So why would the parliament of the nation approve a plan for Hugely expensive ICBM when the same deterrence can be achieved with a much cheaper Short range missile.

That's why we have short range ballistic missiles, and in large numbers.
They are there to counter Pakistan

All the longer range Missiles are meant as deterrence for China, But obviously they cost more. So make short range less expensive missiles for Pakistan and Longer range more expensive missiles for China

my question is why put a 750KM range missile in a silo. India would be the first country in history to do that . In addition to put ballistic missiles on a surface ship.

my question is why put a 750KM range missile in a silo. India would be the first country in history to do that . In addition to put ballistic missiles on a surface ship.

So what, these weapons are designed to counter Pakistan and that they do.

You build weapons to counter you enemies.

A 750 km Ballistic missile nuclear tipped, Insures than In the face of a devastating nuclear attack on India, by Pakistan

India can respond in kind using the Securely silo protected missiles. and various other assets.
And since they are not long range missiles that are not necessary for Pakistan
They are cheaper and thus can be produced more easily.

Same goes with our ships, just look at the distances we are talking about and Pakistan's Capabilities.

The entire range of short range missiles are all Pakistan centric.

They are all weapons developed with Pakistan in Mind.

A 750 km Ballistic missile nuclear tipped, Insures than In the face of a devastating nuclear attack on India, by Pakistan

India can respond in kind using the Securely silo protected missiles. and various other assets.

Same goes with our ships, just look at the distances we are talking about and Pakistan's Capabilities.

If i had done same on an *** i would have been BANNED.ENJOY THE REAL FREEDOM.But do remember our arsenal,RAAD,BABUR these CBMs will fall like cats and dogs.

Hi,

I think what he means is that the missile can just be road mobile since it not too large.

regards,

I dont know if your indian jounals/news papers published this news or not,but during 2001/2002 russia all of a sudden moved its strategic forces and put its long range missiles in a ready to fire condition.Later the smoke from under the table revealed that the preparation is a responce to pakistani attack on indian parliament and a standoff at border between them.Then All major powers begged both russia and India to not take any decision hastily.as a result things cooled down.

I don’t know how true these claims are but it gave me great pleasure to read that.

True or false but Russia rocks . :tup:

If i had done same on an *** i would have been BANNED.ENJOY THE REAL FREEDOM.But do remember our arsenal,RAAD,BABUR these CBMs will fall like cats and dogs.

Banned for what explaining the reasoning for India's short range missiles.

They are made considering Pakistan as the enemy, so given the low range required they are small, Cheap easy to move and etc.

Why would i be banned for doing that.

IF Pakistan has missiles then good for you, you made them considering India, thus they are of larger range etc.

Its as simple as that

Hi,

I think what he means is that the missile can just be road mobile since it not too large.

regards,

Exactly, if the missile location is inmobile, than the enemy know where to knock them off. A constant moving missile is more difficult to track. Besides this missile, does India have any other missiles in silos?

India tests long-range nuclear-capable Agni-III missileFebruary 6th, 2010 SindhToday

Bhadrak (Orissa), Feb 7 (IANS) India Sunday tested its indigenous long-range nuclear- capable Agni-III missile, catapulting the country into a select group of nations that have intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM)-capability, defence sources said.

The 3,000-km range missile, which is capable of carrying warheads weighing up to 1.5 tonnes, was tested from the Inner Wheeler Island at Dhamra, a launch site in Bhadrak district, about 200 km from Orissa capital Bhubaneswar, at 10.46 a.m.

This is the fourth test of the missile. The first test, from the same defence base on July 9, 2006, was unsuccessful. The second stage of the rocket had failed to separate from the missile quickly enough and the missile had fallen short of its target.

The DRDO-developed missile was tested again on April 12, 2007, and May 9, 2008, respectively and both the tests were successful.

Agni-III, one of the Agni series missiles, is a two-stage solid propellant missile with a length of 17 mt, diameter 2 mt and launch weight of 50 tonnes.

While Agni-I is a 750-800 km short-range missile, Agni-II has a range of more than 1,500 km. Both have already been inducted into the armed forces.

Exactly, if the missile location is inmobile, than the enemy know where to knock them off. A constant moving missile is more difficult to track. Besides this missile, does India have any other missiles in silos?

Nope, this is also considered. The enemy doesn't knows where the missile are.
From wiki..
Shaurya missiles can remain hidden or camouflaged in underground silos from enemy surveillance or satellites till they are fired from the special storage-cum-launch canisters.

Nope, this is also considered. The enemy doesn't knows where the missile are.
From wiki..

once they find out its all over. As this are short range missiles, its area of deployment would be much smaller. So with today's technology, it won't be too difficult to detect. Either this is a road mobile missile and India try to pass off as silo based or India's strategic thinker really is screw up.

In the US, the silo missile are not regarded as a 2nd strike weapon. They are only the first strike weapon as they would be wiped out by SS-18s if they are not used first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom