What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

The talk of range is a matter of real debate.

The payload directly affects the range and if a .5 ton warhead is placed on agni 3 the range goes way beyond 6000 km, see wiki for paylod-range variation.

So one key aspect is the payload, if we have miniaturised the nukes, agni 3 suffices our needs even that of an icbm.

Guess what i strongly feel, with advancement in explosive tech, lighter but effective warhead, the 300 km brahmos can strike far greater distances than actually told.

The missile is launched by a hot gas generator developing 15-200 bar pressure using high burn rate HTBP based composite propellant. The thick dark gas cloud greatly reduces the thermal signature of the missile.

At the time of launch, it is understandable. The dark gas cloud will suppress the IR emissions, just like it is obstructing visible emission. But just when the missile leaves the canister and hot gases (fire/burning gases) become visible again, would not the purpose of smoke (ir signature suppression) be lost?

he is just cutting a joke....but who knows...????

we have a highly developed space tech. yet no sign of any icbm...who knows what these drdo and isro people are doing....

The only thing we wonder is like Jha said, Our space program has gone so advanced and yet no sign of ICBM, something fishy for sure.... Lets wait for it.... Pray for AGNI-III 3rd consecutive Successful Launch.... and 4th successful launch of AAD or PAD and K-15 ofcourse...

Funny, cause we see a failed missile test once in a while. Also, none of the countries recognize India as a nuclear weapon state.
Whats more funny is, German having such theories about India. We have seen many Pakistanis doing that, but a German...

Last edited:
I guess India has achieved ICBM capability long ago but cant disclose it for obvious reasons.

I guess India has achieved ICBM capability long ago but cant disclose it for obvious reasons.

And what good will it do to her after disclosing the capabilities slowly, step by step in next few years. Also, by telling the world all the tests of Agni III.
If we had ICBM, we could have declared IRBM capacity with lesser tests or atleast smaller time period.

Well, its more about political conveneiance i think.

Irbm=defensive
Icbm=offensive

So, names are very clever ways to get over political obstacles ...

1. Civil nuclear deal : yet India gets full reprocessing rights which will now accelarate its weapons programmme.

2. Su 30 : only by name but better than su 35, had they called it su 35 in 1996, we would have stucck with ever lasting tech/political go aheads.

3. Agni 3 : i have seen data than it can reach 10000 KM with lighter payload... Still its IRBM !

4. PSLV : Polar yet has placed Geo Orbit sats !

Tech is advancing at pace u cant change names i cant say its deliberate or not, but seems to be convenient.

i don't know whether its OFF TOPIC..but its connected.
ALL BM have sophisticated systems on board, and most are stored in silo's for many years..do they need any service ? maybe they put new batteries before launch..but what about other sub systems ? how reliable are they ? any experts here who will shed light on this ?

Well, its more about political conveneiance i think.

Irbm=defensive
Icbm=offensive

So, names are very clever ways to get over political obstacles ...

1. Civil nuclear deal : yet India gets full reprocessing rights which will now accelarate its weapons programmme.

2. Su 30 : only by name but better than su 35, had they called it su 35 in 1996, we would have stucck with ever lasting tech/political go aheads.

3. Agni 3 : i have seen data than it can reach 10000 KM with lighter payload... Still its IRBM !

4. PSLV : Polar yet has placed Geo Orbit sats !

Tech is advancing at pace u cant change names i cant say its deliberate or not, but seems to be convenient.

Off topic, but can you elaborate?

Last edited:
the point is that why to keep an elephant when you cant use it...???

india does not need a missile with range more than 4000 km.
thats why delay in agni-5. india is not an aggressive state...it does not need an icbm...

ISRO is developing bigger Rocket Boosters for missions to moon ,mars etc in the future.But unfortunately the same technology can be employed to develop ICBMs;) .

India may not need ICBM but we surely want indian vyomonauts in moon,mars.etc:cheers:

If my memory serves right,India got nuclear protection from russia around 65-70. then India did their own nuclear testing for some good/bad.Again----------
It always find amusing to see how one protects their allies.
any war in Asia? will have to end up nuclear atleast dragging these 4 countries India,russia,Pakistan,china,............. +more.
A good thing for India is, when the threat level goes high,russia activates its own nuclear capable missile along with india.:sniper::sniper::sniper:

And I personally love to see these 2 aim their guns at USA :P and NATO aiming at them :P lol......would love to see the end of world :victory:

:rofl::rofl:...really good...

Back
Top Bottom