What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Date : Oct 07 & Oct 08 2013

Missile : Prithvi-II

Test Frequency: User trials

Performance :

the missile achieved a very good accuracy of less than 15 metres while zeroing on to the pre-designated target point in the Bay of Bengal. During a flight of seven minutes, aided by a hybrid GPS-INS navigation system, Prithvi-II, carrying a dummy payload of 500 kg, went to an altitude of 38 km before manoeuvring towards the target point.

Result: Success

Source:

Source:Prithvi-II test-fired again successfully - The Hindu

@faithfulguy

Indian Akash missile already uses Ramjet engines.

Indian LRCM ,powered by LFRJ and have range of 600-1000 kms.First test in 2014

Guess_Livefist_SLIDE.jpg

DRDO Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator vehicle HSTDV,to fly on 2014,and uses a scramjet.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ersonic-vehicle-hstdv-ready-ground-tests.html

Scramjet is already ground tested,by DRDO.

And ISRO has already tested a passive scramjet module in 2012,and would do it in 2014 with a new sounding rocket.
It was ground tested back in 2006.
The Hindu Business Line : Scramjet: ISRO makes major breakthrough

Last edited by a moderator:
@faithfulguy

Indian Akash missile already uses Ramjet engines.

Indian LRCM ,powered by LFRJ and have range of 600-1000 kms.First test in 2014

Guess_Livefist_SLIDE.jpg

DRDO Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator vehicle HSTDV,to fly on 2014,and uses a scramjet.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ersonic-vehicle-hstdv-ready-ground-tests.html

Scramjet is already ground tested,by DRDO.

And ISRO has already tested a passive scramjet module in 2012,and would do it in 2014 with a new sounding rocket.
It was ground tested back in 2006.
The Hindu Business Line : Scramjet: ISRO makes major breakthrough

India need to get its long range subsonic cruise missile working first before worry about long range supersonic cruise missile. One step at a time. No need to fly before walking.

Last edited by a moderator:
India need to get its long range subsonic cruise missile working first before worry about long range supersonic cruise missile. One step at a time. No need to fly before walking.

Oh really?Whats your background wrt to aerospace technology to give free advices to Indian scientists at DRDO?

Or is your gall bladder leaking,when you understood that India already have ramjet technology & Indian scramjet was already.ground tested ??

According to me,you are nothing but a troll,who comes us with,laughable claims like 'Pakistan is,at same level as India in space research' & 'India cannot make steel for jet engines' :omghaha:

Oh really?Whats your background wrt to aerospace technology to give free advices to Indian scientists at DRDO?

Or is your gall bladder leaking,when you understood that India already have ramjet technology & Indian scramjet was already.ground tested ??

According to me,you are nothing but a troll,who comes us with,laughable claims like 'Pakistan is,at same level as India in space research' & 'India cannot make steel for jet engines' :omghaha:

Didn't India just failed a long range cruise missile test. Get that one working first before talking about a supersonic ones. Don't try to start all these projects but cannot finish one.

Didn't India just failed a long range cruise missile test. Get that one working first before talking about a supersonic ones. Don't try to start all these projects but cannot finish one.

We know what to do & what not.Indian scientists at DRDO are far more experienced in these than a ignorant guy like you.And we have enough manpower to go for all these projects at once.

I see your rear is burnt after you learned that India already have Ramjetss & have ground tested scramjets...

@gambit

How would you describe the effect of an applied angular velocity (in the form of an electric motor) upon the attitude of a gyroscope. Scratch that, an applied torque (be it from an electric motor or gravity).

Moving on from there, how are gyroscopes used to create artificial horizons. I am able to intuitively understand but having a bit of trouble describing it analytically.

What makes you think it has something to do with military ??

The image is from Atul Load Carriers .

Atul Road Carriers
Tatra trucks are used only by the military and by organisations related to them,IIRC.
This truck looks like it's from the DRDO,as most DRDO trucks have the 'DRDO' sticker on the front and this one has a white patch.........right where the DRDO stickers are normally seen.
Could be wrong though.

N-capable Agni I trial next week

India is preparing to conduct a fresh user trial of surface-to-surface ballistic missile Agni-I from a defence base off the Odisha coast. The Strategic Forces Command (SFC) of the Indian Army will carry out the test next week.

Agni-I is the first missile in the country’s most ambitious Agni series. The nuke-capable missile can destroy targets nearly 700 km away.

Sources at the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur said preparation for the test had already begun at Wheeler Island launching complex off the Dhamra coast. Missile equipment, motor and all accessories have arrived and work is on to integrate the weapon.

“There were considerable improvements in its re-entry technology and manoeuvrability since Agni’s first trial. This test will reconfirm the technical parameters set for the user (Army). If weather favours, the test will be conducted on November 7,” a defence scientist, associated with the programme, said.

As the missile has already been inducted in the Indian Army, the test will be conducted by the SFC with logistic support from the DRDO.

This will be limited stock production (LSP) test of Agni-I, which will be randomly selected from a bunch of missiles in the production lot.

The Agni-I is an antiquated short-range, surface-based ballistic missile in the series. Compared to its longer-range cousins, its height is just 15 metres and it is powered by both solid and liquid propellants, which imparts it a speed of 2.5 km per second.

This missile was first test-fired on January 25, 2002 and since then several trials have been conducted.

It is designed to bridge the gap between indigenously built short-range Prithvi, already deployed in the Army, and medium-range Agni-II, that has a range of more than 2,000 km, sources said.

Agni-I can be blasted off from both road and rail mobile launchers.

The missile weighs around 12 tonnes and can carry both conventional and nuclear payload of about 1,000 kg. Weighing less, but having the same thrust, the missile has added acceleration, sources added.

Earlier this year, India had successfully conducted the second developmental trial of 5,000-km range Agni-V missile. Plans are also afoot to test fire 4,000-km range Agni-IV missile in the coming months.

The DRDO had launched the Agni project in 1983 as part of the country’s Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme and the first test flight of the Agni series was conducted on May 22, 1989 when the 2,000-km range Agni-II was used for the test.

http://newindianexpress.com/states/...trial-next-week/2013/10/31/article1865838.ece

Back
Top Bottom