What's new

Indian Minister to Talk Russia out of Pakistan Su-35 etc. Deals

Lol, India has billions of dollars of deals to talk about, and the nincompoop of our region thinks they are the center of the universe. :lol:

Actually, India has dug herself into a massive shitpile. They have been courting the french on Rafael for 10 years and for the last 2 years they have been considering F-18's and probably F-16's now too. One thing is certain and that is the fact that India cannot afford to buy those 2 different platforms and so will eventually have to ditch one side or the other, that is if the MMRCA happens at all.....

That brings us to the other issue, by courting the French, India successfully countered Pakistani interest in French goodies for JF-17's, that was well played. But a pissed off Frenchman is not a friendly one and soon India may find herself in waters where she is unable to swim strongly, with Russia being increasingly sidelined by IAF, French being taken for a ride and now the US too being courted. When this all blows, it will be a lot of fun. And lately, it appears that those billions that Indians keep on talking about are more in their mouths than their purse!!

Actually, India has dug herself into a massive shitpile. They have been courting the french on Rafael for 10 years and for the last 2 years they have been considering F-18's and probably F-16's now too. One thing is certain and that is the fact that India cannot afford to buy those 2 different platforms and so will eventually have to ditch one side or the other, that is if the MMRCA happens at all.....

That brings us to the other issue, by courting the French, India successfully countered Pakistani interest in French goodies for JF-17's, that was well played. But a pissed off Frenchman is not a friendly one and soon India may find herself in waters where she is unable to swim strongly, with Russia being increasingly sidelined by IAF, French being taken for a ride and now the US too being courted. When this all blows, it will be a lot of fun. And lately, it appears that those billions that Indians keep on talking about are more in their mouths than their purse!!

France didn't sell advanced avionics to Pakistan because of American pressure. How much money can you pay the French anyway for JF-17 avionics ?

While this is a common practice for India, this time around it will be more aggressive because Pakistan has not just hurt India's interest but NaMos. That is one egoistic man out for revenge and wont stop till he sees Pakistan beg.

What is your opinion about his first 2 yrs of rule when he offered olive branch to pakistan to have some sort of working relations and i too feel modi walked the talk too ? what are the reasons of sudden deterioration in relations is it kashmir alone ? i doubt ! after pathankot attack i feel the things started going down and kashmir aggravated it

Can Pakistan afford su-35?? This is the big question before talking anything about deal or discussion. India hasn't started lobby yet. This meeting might be to known the reality of discussion between Russia and Pakistan. If there is anything happening on the ground between Russia and Pakistan then India will start lobbying.
Pakistani members are free to mock our foreign policy but we Indians are proud on our foreign policy.

While this is a common practice for India, this time around it will be more aggressive because Pakistan has not just hurt India's interest but NaMos. That is one egoistic man out for revenge and wont stop till he sees Pakistan beg.
Can you please elaborate on what wild arguments you are making on this being a modi related issue.

What is your opinion about his first 2 yrs of rule when he offered olive branch to pakistan to have some sort of working relations and i too feel modi walked the talk too ? what are the reasons of sudden deterioration in relations is it kashmir alone ? i doubt ! after pathankot attack i feel the things started going down and kashmir aggravated it
Go before that; NaMo has showed a pattern of being "the dear leader". His ambitions have been to create a lasting impact on India prior to his election. To that end his initial ideals were almost of creating a Indian leadership bloc within South Asia and for that he wanted to have Pakistan on board as well. This had nothing to do with love for Pakistan but the ideal he held in his mind of what his achievement should look like. This isnt just India for NaMo, this is Narendra Modi's India; his personal project.

The attitude shown by Pakistan(no comments on whether right or wrong) went against his plan, it was not a spurning of India's overtures but NaMo's overtures. When you spurn a man who like Pablo Escobar(no analogy to his profession but rather mental acumen) is brilliant but extremely egotistic and wants things done his way; you invite wrath.

Can you please elaborate on what wild arguments you are making on this being a modi related issue.
Nothing wild about it. Please read above before giving your usual nationalist or fanboy reaction. Also, be wary of trying personal attacks on me.

Go before that; NaMo has showed a pattern of being "the dear leader". His ambitions have been to create a lasting impact on India prior to his election. To that end his initial ideals were almost of creating a Indian leadership bloc within South Asia and for that he wanted to have Pakistan on board as well. This had nothing to do with love for Pakistan but the ideal he held in his mind of what his achievement should look like. This isnt just India for NaMo, this is Narendra Modi's India; his personal project.

The attitude shown by Pakistan(no comments on whether right or wrong) went against his plan, it was not a spurning of India's overtures but NaMo's overtures. When you spurn a man who like Pablo Escobar(no analogy to his profession but rather mental acumen) is brilliant but extremely egotistic and wants things done his way; you invite wrath.

Nothing wild about it. Please read above before giving your usual nationalist or fanboy reaction. Also, be wary of trying personal attacks on me.

well i am sure it would be Indian first and if personal ego of any leader including Indian PM came first then its going to be catastrophic in long run

This is in a way a real test of Pakistan's importance, rise, importance of CPEC to Russia. Of course goes without saying that things can change over time, but for the moment, a reality check for probably both sides (Indians and Pakistanis). India was also accused of throwing the spanner in the F16 deal and now that may very well be the case with the SU-35 interest.

A couple of years ago DAWN (maybe 2013?) had reported that Pakistan had placed orders for Russian helicopters which would be available in a years' time, what happened to those helis?

There is no personal attack I am just trying to counter what you are saying, I am not saying you are wild, I am just saying that the point you raised is illogical as in wild. There is a difference.

What you wrote above is normal human behavior. Nothing enlightening in that. Any politician, be it Obama or Li Xinping would want to leave his/her legacy. What matters if his/her tryst goes against bringing good for the country. He tries with Pakistan with overtures (of course as prime minister, his and Indian overtures should be seen as same) and if they were rebuffed, he is just reacting in the way any sane person would react. More ever if he had too much malaise for Pakistan, he would have raised Balochistan much before, not as a reaction to Pakistan meddling in India. I believe he is somebody who has kept the foreign policy hawks in check and evolved as a person in recent years. Frankly I believe your arguments are shallow here. I again mention here that I am attacking your arguments and not you, lest you take it as a personal affront.

There is no personal attack I am just trying to counter what you are saying, I am not saying you are wild, I am just saying that the point you raised is illogical as in wild. There is a difference.

What you wrote above is normal human behavior. Nothing enlightening in that. Any politician, be it Obama or Li Xinping would want to leave his/her legacy. What matters if his/her tryst goes against bringing good for the country. He tries with Pakistan with overtures (of course as prime minister, his and Indian overtures should be seen as same) and if they were rebuffed, he is just reacting in the way any sane person would react. More ever if he had too much malaise for Pakistan, he would have raised Balochistan much before, not as a reaction to Pakistan meddling in India. I believe he is somebody who has kept the foreign policy hawks in check and evolved as a person in recent years. Frankly I believe your arguments are shallow here. I again mention here that I am attacking your arguments and not you, lest you take it as a personal affront.

I find it illogical that you are dismissing ego as not a part of human traits. After all, his penchant for accepting praise is well known lest you decide to dismiss his most famous NaMo suit. I would suggest you go through the first Time article on him from the days of Gujrat and my points will be clearer.

You also seem to be stuck in the usual rut of nationalism by cherry picking words rather than reading what I said; I never said he hated Pakistan from the start but that is something "wild" you cooked up. So I would suggest you go back to your own shallow understanding of what I said and remove the personality worship angle to look beyond those myopic lenses.

Russia is using Pakistan as leverage against India, warning the Indians to keep their distance from the Americans or else: we will sell to your enemy. It's not surprising that negotiations between Pakistan and Russia were leaked to a news outlet like Sputnik. It was to get India's attention, and boy did they get it.

I find it illogical that you are dismissing ego as not a part of human traits. After all, his penchant for accepting praise is well known lest you decide to dismiss his most famous NaMo suit. I would suggest you go through the first Time article on him from the days of Gujrat and my points will be clearer.

You also seem to be stuck in the usual rut of nationalism by cherry picking words rather than reading what I said; I never said he hated Pakistan from the start but that is something "wild" you cooked up. So I would suggest you go back to your own shallow understanding of what I said and remove the personality worship angle to look beyond those myopic lenses.
Please I am not stuck anywhere but am ready to concede, if shown the truth. But I am seeing a lack of this on your part. I know ego is always part of the equation, a simple man achieving something has an ego and somebody reaching the highest levels won't have it, is not something I claim. Also about the time article from his gujrat days, I get that. But that is why I mentioned he has evolved for better (both relatively and absolutely).

Back
Top Bottom