What's new

Indian military salary vs Pakistan military Salary?

@nuclearpak... lol @CHIT... Didnt your father pay the monthly mess bill?

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Did I say anywhere that the APS was built by civilians or anything, it was built by the army for the education of a a child of a JCO and an officer both. And no, I know where the budget of APS comes from, and it is not coming from national exchequer or from the pocket of a civilian!!!!

You are not really getting my point, or is it my inability to get the point through keyboard.

You and I are on the same page.

I faking know that the chit I mentioned is a loan, and you have to pay it all at the end of the month, r rather it gets deducted form your salary.

And no, I am not backtracking from my earlier point.

Army officers do get less salary from their civilian counterparts, private sector employees. And they are living a tight life, most of them.

You know, you keep generalizing everything I say. First I said that there are some benefits, and you mis-interpreted by thinking I said that army people get everything for free!!! ( as if).

And now, you are thinking that I said that the 'chit' is a waiver and it is free, which is sure as hell not the case!

So, stop generalizing.

So, you and I are on the same page.
Nowhere did I say army people get free things, or anything for free. They get DHA plots after paying money( we are caught up in that issue at the moment as well) , they get everything after paying money.

What the fck in the world made you think that we got it for free or I said that we got it for free?

Yet you counted them as perks?

@nuclearpak... lol @CHIT... Didnt your father pay the monthly mess bill?

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

Yet you counted them as perks?

Maybe I got the terminology wrong then, sitting in a shopping mall and doing PDF does not really help huh?

As for the Chit issue, it is something like a iou, people go and buy something from the mess, the mess havaldar gets it on the chit and register, and it all gets deducted at the end of the month from next month salary.

NOWHERE I SAID IT IS FOCKING FREE!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

and if anywhere I said it is free, then please highlight or quote that part, and I will be very happy to apologize.

@NP

This clumsy habit of 'omitting the details or the qualifiers' during your discourse would get you in some serious thick shyt some day, that i can vouch.

You know, you are in my friends list, so i took quite a care at spanking you.

So chilax and be careful next time, bery bery careful ;)

The Indian govt servant salaries( including army ones) have been raised a lot in 6th pay commission.
It was not so good before.
My friend is a not an officer but diploma entry engineer in navy(I think he has worked nearly 7 years). He was earning nearly 22k before 6th pay commission, and struggling.
Now he gets more than 35, and can manage his finances better.
Although inflation is eating into salaries, 6th pay commission has been too generous to Govt employees.

About pakistani salaries, I cant believe they are paid so less. I read somewhere junior doctors are paid 10000 pakistani rupees.
How do they manage to have nice cars, houses, lifestyle etc, without stealing?

My college seniors selected into Navy have a starting pay of 58K(Housing and others are also provided!).

After NDA from IMA Army officers get Rs43000 basic + allowances.
IAF officers get 50000 basic + allowances.
I cant tell you about navy because no one known in my circle is in navy.
Indian allowances and other reliefs are that much that a bachelor dont have to invest a peny.
An IT engg with income above 2 lac will die to live that kind of life!! ROYAL

Its not 43000 basic. Its 24000. Its actually 15600, but add to that grade pay and military pay and it becomes 24000, after that DA and other allowances are added. So the total pay after everything becomes 35000-45000 depending on specialty.

In airforce, the pay is same, but pilots get an additional 9000 per month as flying allowance.

In airforce, the pay is same, but pilots get an additional 9000 per month as flying allowance.

I believe of the 3 arms ..airforce personnel gets the highest pay.

Some people here is comparing civilian job with a govt job. If you have a booming economy civilians always tend to make more than their Govt counterparts , but no matter how much you earn you cannot command the respect that a Govt job brings you.

I am pretty sure they are very good , atleast its greater than 20,000 but I have no idea what the jawans get paid, especially those with lowest ranks??

Its not that Indian govt./bureaucrats treat our military fairly or gives them good pay.

The fact is that its a lowest pay they can pay as per law.

Military personals (Army, Navy, Air force, Paramilitary like CISF, ITBP, BSF, etc.) are central govt. employees and according to recent 6th pay commission (which have raised pay of each and every govt. servants) they are paying them.

And as per 6th pay commission a govt. employee like a sweeper or a peon or a person who cleans toilet gets minimum salary of 12,500 (US $ 250) per month + incentives + perks.

I believe of the 3 arms ..airforce personnel gets the highest pay.

1. Officers of all Services would be getting basic salaries at par. However, there are allowances and pays, etc beyond. A GD(P) officer, that is a pilot who flies, would get a handsome flying allowance making his total take highest among his colleagues.

2. In 1964-65, a 2/Lieut in PA was getting Rs 450.00 when gold was selling below Rs 100.00 per tola if I am not wrong.

I got this from the official website of Indian Navy:
On joining the navy you get:
Basic:15600+Grade Pay-5400+MSP-6000+30% D.A+30%Housing Allowance and 11000 if you are a Sub/Marcos/Flying cadre
So you get CTC of Rs.55,000 per month or 68,000.

Not really in Pakistan I heard if you are an officer on retirement you are given a plot of land in prime location at dirt cheap price. You have the option of selling it at market rate netting you a high profit. Also after retirement you will guaranteed jobs in Army run enterprises.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Thats called 'combat pay' or 'hazard pay' or something like that and its given to soldiers serving in sensitive areas for eg. in India Kashmir.

The plots of land are allocated out of programs for which the army officer gets deducted pay all their lives. Nothing comes free in this world.

The food the jawans,JCO,NCO's get is amazingggg..... spicy and delicious sometimes officers go to eat in their mess.
Yep! You should check out the scales in high altitude areas! Meals-Ready-To-Eat [MRE] rations too are provided that can be warmed in their foils and eaten. Apart from the usual, there's MRE mutton/chicken and veg biryani too! Other stuff includes Peanut Candy, chocolates, cashew nuts, badam, and a variety of tinned stuff, veg and non veg.

Now all one requires is a bottle of beer, a rocky outcrop to sit on, some of the snacks mentioned above, snow falling from above and your day is made!!
:smitten:

Cheers!
drinking-48.GIF

Back
Top Bottom