What's new

Indian military salary vs Pakistan military Salary?

The plots of land are allocated out of programs for which the army officer gets deducted pay all their lives. Nothing comes free in this world.

I already mentioned that the price charged from the concerned officer is 'dirt cheap', just a token amount.

Army guys need to pay tax?
What did you think? There are no free binges where income tax is concerned. Everyone has to pay if he is within the tax bracket. Only those who are gallantry award winners from Sena Medal upwards are exempted from paying any income tax.

Whats so un-officer like? I have seen video clippings of US Army in Iraq where both soldiers and officers eat in the same mess hall.This whole 'officer-soldier' divide is a throwback of our colonial past when British officers and Indian men that they commanded lived separate lives and did not mix.
Ok, let's put this to rest once and for all. In peace areas where there are officers messes, officers are required to dine there. In field areas where there are no messes (mostly at Company level and below), the food is cooked centrally in a langar for jawans, JCOs as well as officers. Where you want to eat your food is your choice - your bunker, your friends bunker, with the jawans or under a tree.

Battalion HQ, even in field areas, have officers messes where officers located at HQs dine. All battalion HQs and above have officers messes even in field areas.

However, especially in peace areas during festivals you have what is called, 'Bara Khana' where all ranks including the commanding officer sit and have food together. If you aren't a teetotaler, then its rum you have with the jawans. No whiskey or other fancy liquor!!

Cheers!

And as per 6th pay commission a govt. employee like a sweeper or a peon or a person who cleans toilet gets minimum salary of 12,500 (US $ 250) per month + incentives + perks.
Right! A civilian driver at the Defence Services Staff College here gets a monthly salary of Rs 23,000 plus canteen facilities and subsidised accommodation!!! Jeeez! :what:

Yep! You should check out the scales in high altitude areas! Meals-Ready-To-Eat [MRE] rations too are provided that can be warmed in their foils and eaten. Apart from the usual, there's MRE mutton/chicken and veg biryani too! Other stuff includes Peanut Candy, chocolates, cashew nuts, badam, and a variety of tinned stuff, veg and non veg.

Now all one requires is a bottle of beer, a rocky outcrop to sit on, some of the snacks mentioned above, snow falling from above and your day is made!!
:smitten:

Cheers!
drinking-48.GIF

In fact you get MRE's at surplus stores here in the US,they contain beef steaks,tabasco sauce.I have also had an Indian MRE it had Dal Makhani,paratha and sooji halwa.

Relax buddy! I think he's just trying his hand at humour!!
lol-042.gif

Cheers!

I heard a rumor that making pointless posts on serious subjects get people an infraction :eek:

There are changes afoot in the PakMil that have reduced the perks that earlier officers and more importantly senior level command enjoyed.
Many of the careerist "land Mafia" type folks that butt-kissed their way up the ladder will find themselves without any reward. Where previously a few sycophantic suckups made it through to the top..there will be no motivation for any further.. only the best and most dedicated people will be at the helm of the armed forces.

There is a lot of corruption in indian army. But you wont be able to make money like civilians.
I would be interested in how much a jawan is paid(lowest), that is a better sign of how army treats you, officers get good perks anywhere.

I am pretty sure they are very good , atleast its greater than 20,000 but I have no idea what the jawans get paid, especially those with lowest ranks??
I know a jawan in IA who is currently drawing around 30K p.m. dont know the break up though.. this doesnt include housing and another perks its cash in hand. at least thats what he told me.

I already mentioned that the price charged from the concerned officer is 'dirt cheap', just a token amount.

They are not dirt cheap prices, they are based on the estimated development costs and the money is started to be collected when there is nothing on the ground, barren land with just a plan. So when people start contributing money, civilians & armed forces, bureaucrats etc etc, from that money they start development. DHA is a housing society and you have to become a member of it, and there is a joining fee which is same for everyone and then there are installments and the real plot is nowhere to be seen, after a few years the real plot on the ground emerges in the shape of a housing area where all get plots based on the estimated development cost. Yeah a 5-10% discount may be given to armed forces personnel. Plus, Federal Govt has its own housing society which gives plots/ flats to federal govt employees, Supreme Court of pakistan has also a housing society, Federal Cabinet Division has its own housing society, and soon. Its not just armed forces.

I know a jawan in IA who is currently drawing around 30K p.m. dont know the break up though.. this doesnt include housing and another perks its cash in hand. at least thats what he told me.

lol 30k plus perks for an indian army sepoy....are u retarded?

An interesting thread to read.

Parts of it have been a revelation to me. Others have been shocking in terms of misinformation. Example :

Does the army pay tax ?

Officers of the IA get six eggs for breakfast !

Land is given at throw away prices to officers of the PA.

Stuff from the canteen (CSD) is for free

Does a soldier on UN mission get the salary he is entitled to in addition to the UN salary ? etc

Armies the world over are a reflection of the society, economy & culture they come from. In S Asian countries we carry a legacy of strong military links from the past , add to this the need for maintaining strong standing armies for reasons best known to us all.

Each nation would try & give the best to its soldiers within bounds of not creating an imbalance with other Govt jobs. The babus try to equate themselves ( sucessfully too) without taking into consideration the hardships & risks of the profesion of arms both on the soldier & his family.

The salaries in the IA are a lot better now than what they were not very long ago. One did always feel that those in PA were better paid.

Parts of it have been a revelation to me. Others have been shocking in terms of misinformation. Example :

Does the army pay tax ?

Does a soldier on UN mission get the salary he is entitled to in addition to the UN salary ? etc

Armies the world over are a reflection of the society, economy & culture they come from. In S Asian countries we carry a legacy of strong military links from the past , add to this the need for maintaining strong standing armies for reasons best known to us all.

Each nation would try & give the best to its soldiers within bounds of not creating an imbalance with other Govt jobs. The babus try to equate themselves ( sucessfully too) without taking into consideration the hardships & risks of the profesion of arms both on the soldier & his family.

The salaries in the IA are a lot better now than what they were not very long ago. One did always feel that those in PA were better paid.

Yes, PA officers do pay the income tax.

No idea about IA officers getting six eggs.

No, plots are not given at through away prices to PA officers, but do have my doubts about Generals.

No, stuff from CSD is not free, all items are paid for, but yeah few items get a discount just like how its done in Utility stores, but the discount is limited to not less then the company price, meaning profit rate / profit margin is reduced in the price. And CSD is open to all, general public visit CSDs much much more then officers and their families.

PA officers and men get only their basic salary(no allowances, just the basic part) while on UN mission in edition to their UN pays.

PA is no more the better paid one, especially with the non-stop high inflation since last few years which has reduced the purchasing power of ordinary pakistanis.

Does the army pay tax ?

Six eggs? Whoa, that's load of cholestrol.

Does the army pay tax ?

If you had spared yourself from smoking shyt while you were reading through this thread, you sure could have received all the (correct) answers to your stupid questions, but then whom am i explaining this to?

Advice: Take a break from smoking shyt and re-read the thread with all of your nine holes wide open!

Back
Top Bottom