What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

tumblr_ns40dfakNR1tjfjuco1_1280.png

ooh i forget to mention..
Aramid is Kevlar.

Thanks for tagging.
Though the change is welcome, there is a scope for a lot of improvement.

Firstly , this vest is not being specially made for the army, its being sold as "completar" model, the same appears on their site.
COMPLETAR Manufacturers India - MKU

Product_2014_06_12_01_03_14.png

Also Aramid/kevlar is 1960s tech. The world had moved onto Spectra in the 90s. Also note, aramid fabric itself is imported, probably from dupont- This is a worrisome factor- the base material is not indigenous., let alone being somewhat obsolete(performance vs weight tradeoffs). Same for the 80s PASGT style helmet.I understand our current stock is ww2 vintage, but if we are going into the future, lets at least an upto date product- not something being discarded by the developed nations.

Ofcourse, they may use other fiber glass or composite along with base aramid for their product, which was not revealed.

But the level of automation- geez, it looks like some backyard factory/fabricator making seat covers for cars. The men were cutting on a tin table.I am not against cheap manual labor vs expensive machines(base ops), but Its not even a proper production line. Probably some guy dumps materials on the the table while the tailor gets to work.

I wish there was a foreign player willing to partner up and provide up to date personal armor protection, cause desi companies will need direct threat to churn out better products.

navy have dog squad??

Thanks for tagging.
Though the change is welcome, there is a scope for a lot of improvement.

Firstly , this vest is not being specially made for the army, its being sold as "completar" model, the same appears on their site.
COMPLETAR Manufacturers India - MKU

Product_2014_06_12_01_03_14.png

Also Aramid/kevlar is 1960s tech. The world had moved onto Spectra in the 90s. Also note, aramid fabric itself is imported, probably from dupont- This is a worrisome factor- the base material is not indigenous., let alone being somewhat obsolete(performance vs weight tradeoffs). Same for the 80s PASGT style helmet.I understand our current stock is ww2 vintage, but if we are going into the future, lets at least an upto date product- not something being discarded by the developed nations.

Ofcourse, they may use other fiber glass or composite along with base aramid for their product, which was not revealed.

But the level of automation- geez, it looks like some backyard factory/fabricator making seat covers for cars. The men were cutting on a tin table.I am not against cheap manual labor vs expensive machines(base ops), but Its not even a proper production line. Probably some guy dumps materials on the the table while the tailor gets to work.

I wish there was a foreign player willing to partner up and provide up to date personal armor protection, cause desi companies will need direct threat to churn out better products.

bro, even US army uses kavlar BJs. and that hand made BJs are common.. even in nato countries. the only question remains is did that BJ meets army's requirements. if yes then others are unimportant. the raw material can be imported as we don't have those, that is not that serious problem.

If I am not wrong this type of armor is not being used by IA right now but in the program we see factory mass producing them. So where is it going?

Most of their customers are foreign customers. The Indian military uses MKU products, but those are exceptions.

The MoD still favors incompetent PSU....

Back
Top Bottom