What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

Cool- any pics/vid?

I guess that makes sense- they are experts in mountaineering and navigation, are incredibly fit, can survive unaided for days etc.

I don't think that there any vids yet about them, though some pics may surface soon enough. They have been inserted into areas that are completely cut-off to the extent of even lacking foot-trails and have been tasked with extracting people there who have moved away from lower ground and the ravaged river banks. They will marshal the refugees and help extract them to more accessible areas, in some cases to the extent of carry some of the vulnerable folks viz. elderly, sick and injured and children.

Cool- any pics/vid?

I guess that makes sense- they are experts in mountaineering and navigation, are incredibly fit, can survive unaided for days etc.

Here:-

7442_10151559556883071_463210320_n.jpg

7956_10151559248473071_1513942348_n.jpg

1017326_10151557188418071_1554676243_n.jpg

no its not ndrf....they r some airforce comandos or something dnt knw!! saw a video of personels being droped from chetah helicopter with heavy bag packs......nd after droping them the helicopter flew away!!

It seems that they are SF, Para-Commandos. That is what one Army Brig. said.

yeah they r sf i guess....as the report on ndtv said they r specially trained who can survive w/o food for several days

Just saw a interview with an IA Lt Gen who said PARA SF/Airborne have been used to rescue survivors in the most remote and isolated locations where road transport is non-existent. He said Paratroopers (Airborne not SF in this case I'm guessing) para-jumped from helos into one of these locations as fast-roping/slithering was not possible. And then these Paratroopers will be carrying the civilians on their backs (along with their gear) to a safe(r) LZ just- :woot:

smileybowdownwave.gif

smileybowdownwave.gif

smileybowdownwave.gif

In another incident Paratroopers rescued ~70 semi-conscious survivors from the middle of a river and got them MEDIVAC'd to a hospital.

Proud to have a family member who has served in the PARAs.

All these rescue workers- CAPFs,IA, IAF, NDRF etc all deserve more than they will get. My are the epitome of unsung heroes. A thankless job indeed. SALUTE!

Just saw a interview with an IA Lt Gen who said PARA SF/Airborne have been used to rescue survivors in the most remote and isolated locations where road transport is non-existent. He said Paratroopers (Airborne not SF in this case I'm guessing) para-jumped from helos into one of these locations as fast-roping/slithering was not possible. And then these Paratroopers will be carrying the civilians on their backs (along with their gear) to a safe(r) LZ just- :woot:

smileybowdownwave.gif

smileybowdownwave.gif

smileybowdownwave.gif

In another incident Paratroopers rescued ~70 semi-conscious survivors from the middle of a river and got them MEDIVAC'd to a hospital.

All these rescue workers- CAPFs,IA, IAF, NDRF etc all deserve more than they will get. My are the epitome of unsung heroes. A thankless job indeed. SALUTE!

c i told u na i say a video of that sf bein dropped(actually jumping) from chetah heli......:cheers:
proud of my indian defence cum rescue forces :)

We're not God, we're there to serve the people of India - in war,
peace or natural calamities
- Lt Gen Anil Chait AVSM,VSM General Officer Commanding,
Surya Command
"No more people will die there. We will rescue all those who are
stranded. We will trudge every trail, every footpath and bring
home anybody who is trapped"

smileybowdownwave.gif

smileybowdownwave.gif

smileybowdownwave.gif

hey found the pic from the video i told u about
armtclip_9610_226898_2.jpg
:cheers:

170808753-jpg_033850.jpg

2013-06-20T135342Z_113315093_GM1E96K1OPP01_RTRMADP_3_INDIA-FLOODS.JPG

2013-06-20T134837Z_378449930_GM1E96K1OGY01_RTRMADP_3_INDIA-FLOODS.JPG

@Abingdonboy

Are we talking about these guys? They seem to be a mixed group probably called from different outfits. I can even see a soldier with CRPF Cobra camo on? Maybe search and resuce guys extracted from various units?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:
Army opened foot track between Govindghat & Lambagar on Badrinath route. Full scale efforts on to open the route to Badrinath.
Army facilitated 2300 people to contact their families from Harsil & Joshimath using army communications.

General Officer Commanding-in-Chief ,army central command Lieutenant General Anil Chait himself supervising rescue operations

so88.jpg

acpg.jpg

6wrh.jpg

5yq4.jpg

6nac.jpg

bbw5.jpg

wlct.jpg

j8uy.jpg

We're not God, we're there to serve the people of India - in war,
peace or natural calamities

- Lt Gen Anil Chait AVSM,VSM General Officer Commanding,
Central Command