What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

first time i am seeing a priest, a pandit, a moulvi, a sikh guru and an atheist under one platform lol...however i like the way we invite religious representatives to foundation laying ceremonies and for prayers...shows our respect for all religions and how we treat all religions as equal...never seen this in anyother part of the world

That is the hallmark requirement of a "Pluralistic" Society. Thank god that India has striven to be just that. It is no accident that the Armed Forces are symbolic of that attribute.

no this is a scouts unit...don't know which

Well,i told you they are from Garwhal rifles.Since you dont wanna believe me heres the proof.Check out whats written in this guys cap.

1016385_10151558501113071_1907078357_n.jpg

Now notice General Hasnain wearing the same patch and General Hasnanin belongs to the Garwhal rifles and moreoever Ladakh Scounts are not deployed outside Ladakh except Delhi and same will be the case for Sikkim Scouts and Arunanchal Scouts coz they are a regional infantry regtt.

Syed Ata Hasnain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LtGen.jpg

Well,i told you they are from Garwhal rifles.Since you dont wanna believe me heres the proof.Check out whats written in this guys cap.

Now notice General Hasnain wearing the same patch and General Hasnanin belongs to the Garwhal rifles and moreoever Ladakh Scounts are not deployed outside Ladakh except Delhi and same will be the case for Sikkim Scouts and Arunanchal Scouts coz they are a regional infantry regtt.

LtGen.jpg

they can be the Kumaon Scouts also, they are based at Ranikhet

LtGen.jpg

Ya,you have a point there.The ones with the red tab with Scouts written are Garhwal rifles for sure.Let me find out about the ones with the green tab..they can be Kumoan Scouts but Ladakh Scouts or Arunanchal/Sikkim Scouts are definitely out of options.

you beat me to it...i was about to post about LIEUTENANT GENERAL NARESH CHANDRA MARWAH , the chief of ids who was a commander in the Kumaon Scouts

No bro, not SF, the patches on their shoulders read "SCOUTS" and according to @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR this means they belong to Garwhal Rifles.

bro herd that airforce has dropped special 18 teams of 5 personel each....who are trained to survive withought food for 7-8 days......so that they can find lost pilgrims from dense forests....nd bring them to desired coordinates......the team has satelite phones gps....food for civilians(only) and various other equipments........i think i saw this on ndtv.india....not sure though

Last edited by a moderator:
bro herd that airforce has dropped special 18 teams of 5 personel each....who are trained to survive withought food for 7-8 days......so that they can find lost pilgrims from dense forests....nd bring them to desired coordinates......the team has satelite phones gps....food for civilians(only) and various other equipments........i think i saw this on ndtv.india....not sure though

Hmm, NDRF? If not wonder who these guys could be. I doubt SF.

Hmm, NDRF? If not wonder who these guys could be. I doubt SF.

no its not ndrf....they r some airforce comandos or something dnt knw!! saw a video of personels being droped from chetah helicopter with heavy bag packs......nd after droping them the helicopter flew away!!

yeah they r sf i guess....as the report on ndtv said they r specially trained who can survive w/o food for several days

It seems that they are SF, Para-Commandos. That is what one Army Brig. said.

no its not ndrf....they r some airforce comandos or something dnt knw!! saw a video of personels being droped from chetah helicopter with heavy bag packs......nd after droping them the helicopter flew away!!

Cool- any pics/vid?

I guess that makes sense- they are experts in mountaineering and navigation, are incredibly fit, can survive unaided for days etc.

Cool- any pics/vid?

I guess that makes sense- they are experts in mountaineering and navigation, are incredibly fit, can survive unaided for days etc.
would hav shared the video if had one! :( but i saw the pic here on pdf where a chetak helicopter was droping bags nd comandos in river base ......will share if i find it :) nd that pic is from the same video only

Back
Top Bottom