What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

It is a modified version but its kickass...even i love it.

What modifications meray dost:

2jw392.jpg

Yaar i dont know how you guys are classifying a full auto rifle as an LMG?

Its not just an full auto rifle. It has improved rate of fire and barrel designed for prolonged firing. There are several similiar LMGs like the M 27 of the USMC.

Its not just an full auto rifle. It has improved rate of fire and barrel designed for prolonged firing. There are several similiar LMGs like the M 27 of the USMC.

Dude its nothin more than a souped up HK-416.... And not truely an LMG .. but is an IAR ..

The smoke is coming from the engines not under-wing smoke generators- this isn't a display a/c just a regular MKI. This isn't exhaust but smoke for display purposes. This is possible to do with certain fighters, engines and engine management systems.

MKIs don't emit anywhere near that amount of exhaust trails:

img288195080.jpg

The smoke here is white as opposed to exhaust that is characteristically black in colour. I'm no expert on such matters but I believe such smoke/mist trails can be caused by feeding more aviation fuel into the engine so that is heated, evaporates, mixes with the cool air outside the engine and turns to mist- but I could be wrong on this front.

Well, I used the term exhaust quite loosely. It is called "contrail". It depends upon lot of factors mainly environmental (humidity and temp). So, one can have high flying jets with no contrail or low flying ones with contrail. But I highly doubt these are induced for display.... Each time what I have seen is some kind of smoke emitters mounted on wing to generate smoke. Contrails can really obscure display....

5th Gurkhas at Yudh Abhays 2013:

size0.jpg

size0.jpg

size0.jpg

Under the F-INSAS a new HMG,MMG and LMG are being sought along with a new sniper system, main AR and side arm

Note they are using US army gear.. M-4s,protective pads and probably even helmets..

No they are not.Different set of helmet and gears.Only M4s are common.

Yeah look at the knee pads dont they match the US army camo aswell? and in other pics u will notice indian troops getting the know how to use M-4s from the american instructors.

Note they are using US army gear.. M-4s,protective pads and probably even helmets..

Helmets are the IA's. The protective pads in this particular pic are American but in other pics they are clearly IA. M-4s are American also, this is a joint exercise and the US is the host country- it is the norm in the Yudh Abhays series for the US and Indian armies to use each other's gear.

What is the reason to put numbers on the back, so that we know who is in trouble or who reached from far?

This must be during a course either at HAWS or SBS, numbers are the candidate numbers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom