1sdasda3.jpg

post1b14.jpg

78074638.jpg

1q10.jpg

48057101516863747622897.jpg

Awesome pic dude :D

1q10.jpg

Awesome pic dude :D
Headgear,ammo carrier ,knee&elbow pad overall infantry basic gears looking improved . This is from khasa military station army mela Amritsar(headquarter of 15th infantry division under western cmnd), is der some finsas pgm start taking place from western side if yes wht abt the eastern side whr our frnd chinupanda is making noddles inside camps :P,
if not den is it a basic clothing modernization of our infantry ............Gurus seeking reply frm u:D

Ah @jiki mate have you got any more pics/vids of SF or the like? You said you'd be capturing some possibly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Headgear,ammo carrier ,knee&elbow pad overall infantry basic gears looking improved . This is from khasa military station army mela Amritsar(headquarter of 15th infantry division under western cmnd), is der some finsas pgm start taking place from western side if yes wht abt the eastern side whr our frnd chinupanda is making noddles inside camps :P,
if not den is it a basic clothing modernization of our infantry ............Gurus seeking reply frm u:D
It's not part of F-INSAS mate, just general infantry upgrades.

1q10.jpg

One important point i noticed after seeing many pics of IA soldiers specially in CT operations ... about the head gear for SIKH soldiers. I have seen SIKH soldiers either wearing "Patka" or their normal "Pagdi". I rarely see them wearing newly inducted headgears (as evident in above pic). I feel that they feel uncomfortable in the new headgears (for obvious reasons). If this is the case is IA thinking for some solution ? Its my observation and i may be wrong. Expecting some inputs from @Abingdonboy

One important point i noticed after seeing many pics of IA soldiers specially in CT operations ... about the head gear for SIKH soldiers. I have seen SIKH soldiers either wearing "Patka" or their normal "Pagdi". I rarely see them wearing newly inducted headgears (as evident in above pic). I feel that they feel uncomfortable in the new headgears (for obvious reasons). If this is the case is IA thinking for some solution ? Its my observation and i may be wrong. Expecting some inputs from @Abingdonboy

You won't find pics of Sikh soldiers wearing the "tin" helmets and even these "new" helmets don't seem to be compatible with the Sikh soldier's requirements. The new F-INSAS helmets should provide a solution, they should be spacious enough to not cause any issues with Sikh soldiers. Look at SFs, with their Kevlar helmets- Sikhs wear the same helmets as everyone else.

But if needs be a Sikh soldier will wear whatever protection is around have no doubt.

Bear in mind this is also a demo and that too in Amritsar.

You won't find pics of Sikh soldiers wearing the "tin" helmets and even these "new" helmets don't seem to be compatible with the Sikh soldier's requirements. The new F-INSAS helmets should provide a solution, they should be spacious enough to not cause any issues with Sikh soldiers. Look at SFs, with their Kevlar helmets- Sikhs wear the same helmets as everyone else.

But if needs be a Sikh soldier will wear whatever protection is around have no doubt.

Bear in mind this is also a demo and that too in Amritsar.

I wish that IA should provide some customized version of Kevlar helmets to SIKH soldiers ... but again going by their slow pace of modernization it is too much to expect from them.

I wish that IA should provide some customized version of Kevlar helmets to SIKH soldiers ... but again going by their slow pace of modernization it is too much to expect from them.

That's actually how the Patka started out! Ie a cheap, interim, solution for Sikh soldiers and it was found to be so useful it became the standard helmet for all troops deployed in CI ops-it's pretty good for what it is.

That's actually how the Patka started out! Ie a cheap, interim, solution for Sikh soldiers and it was found to be so useful it became the standard helmet for all troops deployed in CI ops-it's pretty good for what it is.

But aren't they heavy compared to the regular Kevlar helmet used by other countries.

But aren't they heavy compared to the regular Kevlar helmet used by other countries.

yes they are and they don't offer protection to the top of the head and offer little protection against knocks or impact.

They're far from perfect but they're the best the IA has right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom