What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

ml1PG.jpg

Cake for RPGs.

It's for the Chilean cops. And Indian cops as well.

We don't know what capacity they will used in, it could be policing duties or light assault or part of the presidents convoy or whatever. And that could be said of many vehicles, I'd dare say I'd rather be in a Marksman than one of those standard issue TOYOTA pickups the PA operates which are ridiculous!

No, it's for the Chilean cops.

Here's the link.

http://encapuchadoconsciente.tumblr.com/post/26460782847/nuevo-juguete-de-los-pacos

"New toy for the cops!"

134279688631.jpg

1342797403751.jpg

Mahindra Marksman for the Middle East police.

Astronaut why have you brought the RPG aspect into it? Thar is not even what the Marksmen was designed for- it was designed for Indian police units in the post-26/11 environment to allow response units to move rapidly and have a vehicles capable of withstanding AK-47 bullets and fragmentation grenades when they got their. Bringing in RPGs into the equation is more than a little unfair and pointless as the vehicle was never meant to repel such weapons as a primary design point. It is like saying the vehicle isn't very aerodynamic or very chic!

Because an insurgent with an RPG won't come and ask for permission to fire it at Marksman just because it wasnt designed for RPG protection.

Because an insurgent with an RPG won't come and ask for permission to fire it at Marksman just because it wasnt designed for RPG protection.

Hmm...

Then instead of arguing about a vehicle which isn't meant for RPG Protection. you should email Chilean authorities with this valuable input and advise them to ask for RPG protected vehicles for their cops! because
"insurgent with an RPG won't come and ask for permission"
that's deep. chilean cops might not be aware of this classifies info...:coffee:

Hmm...

Then instead of arguing about a vehicle which isn't meant for RPG Protection. you should email Chilean authorities with this valuable input and advise them to ask for RPG protected vehicles for their cops! because that's deep. chilean cops might not be aware of this classifies info...:coffee:

Arrey yaar, leave him be. He has to still comprehend that its for City Cops. Of course he may be conditioned to the fact that there may be a glut of RPGs in the cities of his country, maybe a RPG in every criminal's hands so to speak. That does change things then. We'll have to enter the back-streets of Lyari to understand that.

These vehicles have different levels of protection that they are constructed to. Was'nt there some hoo-haa about the Mohafiz vehicles used in Karachi recently? About failure of protection? That is related to the specified level of protection that they were designed (and built for), that is what matters.

Arrey yaar, leave him be. He has to still comprehend that its for City Cops. Of course he may be conditioned to the fact that there may be a glut of RPGs in the cities of his country, maybe a RPG in every criminal's hands so to speak. That does change things then. We'll have to enter the back-streets of Lyari to understand that.

These vehicles have different levels of protection that they are constructed to. Was'nt there some hoo-haa about the Mohafiz vehicles used in Karachi recently? About failure of protection? That is related to the specified level of protection that they were designed (and built for), that is what matters.

ohh, to ye baat hai....

that angle never crossed ma mind. Thanks for clarifying brah. ;)

Well in Indian cities (where the vehicle is being delivered to police) the threat from RPGs is almost non-existent, not even Kasab and his buddies had RPGs so why design in a feature to the Marksman that isn't even needed? There was a list of reuirments that Indian police needed and Mahindra responded with the Marksman ticking pretty much all the boxes- RPG protection WASN'T one of the required criteria FULL STOP. If it was needed then I'm sure Mahindra would have responded. It is so odd to me you are attacking a vehilce for not bineg able to do something it is not meant to be able to do and most wouldn't expect it to do. Most SWAT vehicles in US are designed in a similar fashion and are unlikely to fare well against RPGs so have you got a problem with them too? The Indian police are never going to go to a war in them and they aren't serving in Baghdad or Mogadishu FFS!

It's for the Chilean cops. And Indian cops as well.

No, it's for the Chilean cops.

Here's the link.

Encapuchado Consciente — Nuevo juguete de los pacos!

"New toy for the cops!"

134279688631.jpg

1342797403751.jpg

Mahindra Marksman for the Middle East police.

That's so cool! Looks like Marksman would be great for a riot control vehicle too!

+ is looking real nice in that matt-dark green paint scheme.
CRPF Commandoes
71Jbk.jpg

j79AE.jpg

I am skeptical- first one looks like regular CRPF troopers, second pic is Harayana PD's SWAT IIRC.

That's so cool! Looks like Marksman would be great for a riot control vehicle too!

+ is looking real nice in that matt-dark green paint scheme.

j79AE.jpg

I am skeptical- first one looks like regular CRPF troopers, second pic is Harayana PD's SWAT IIRC.
Haryana Swat are all Ex CRPF Commandoes, mate

Haryana Swat are all Ex CRPF Commandoes, mate

I wasn't aware of this but I'll take your word for it. But the fact remains these guys are Harayana SWAT in the pics,regardless of what they have done in the past.

Bum La, Tawang ( India- China Border)

n4Nsz.jpg

5XpvU.jpg

ctMde.jpg

dIr7Y.jpg

AY5JS.jpg

4hVvN.jpg

PFa1t.jpg

Copyright : Dr. AB @ BCMTouring

Back
Top Bottom