What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

I wonder if the small arms mess of today (AK 47, INSAS, FN FAL, 9mm sterling, INSAS LMG, TAVOR, etc.) will ever be replaced by a single family of weapons (a common assault rifle, carbine, lmg and sniper rifle).

India armed forces have a major problem standardizing equipment.

Its already a big transport aircraft, plus its not a jet fighter that drag will be playing any major factor on the aerodynamics of the aircraft. I think it has enough power to deal with the drag caused, and the shape of the window is already such that it won't be having a very powerful or even a powerful drag.

Still would cause a bit extra fuel in the end?I mean if its really an observation thing then other options would have been used.

I wonder if the small arms mess of today (AK 47, INSAS, FN FAL, 9mm sterling, INSAS LMG, TAVOR, etc.) will ever be replaced by a single family of weapons (a common assault rifle, carbine, lmg and sniper rifle).

India armed forces have a major problem standardizing equipment.

To an extent this will be addressed. The F-INSAS program will bring in a new standard AR for the entire IA (and later IAF/IN) replacing the INSAS whilst the Tavor will remain the SOFs standard AR for some time. The F-INSAS AR will have the functionality to have the barrel changed between 7.62 and 5.56 (if not 6.8) so the AK and INSAS will be replaced in one foul swoop. Additionally the Bren and LMG will be replaced by a new LMG in the future. As for 9mm Sterling and Mp5- they will be replaced by a new CQB weapon.

This is for purely the Armed forces the CAPFs have their own procurements going on but are again looking to standardize between themselves.

528057_10150956245308071_471717668_n.jpg

Look at his face...real bada$$

^^^ Cool pics- IA in JK always look bad a$$ and well equipped (relatively)!

UN ops, not badly equipped either:

7178337346_2dc15d8a6d_b.jpg

+ COLDHEARTED @ #3598- is that a Bren i see!! ;);)

Back
Top Bottom