INS Delhi

104036_big.jpg

Gurdwara Patthar Sahib, Leh, Ladakh - built and maintained by the Indian army

lehgurdwara1.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

lehgurdwara6.jpg
[/QUOTE
Thanks BRICS for these pics. Interesting to see pics of Gurdwaras in foreword areas. I have seen vids where smaller (I wouldnt really all them Gurdwaras) religious sites are set up in Siachin and there are Sikh, Hindu, Muslim, Christian symbols, statues etc all side by side with each man reducing blessing from each shrine and showing due respect for all. Indian Secularism at its best- one of the greatest parts of Indian society!

secular+india.jpg

Wow! That's an impressive looking building, any idea what it is (an AFC HQ, Acadamy etc)?

I think it is the building of western air command. IAF's western air command has the Trishul as its logo. At least that's what I remember when I used to travel in Delhi.

"Training with the Special Forces - Yudh Abyas" in HD

Last edited by a moderator:
16TH_LOC_695457f.jpg

Army soldiers during the demining operation at the LoC in Uri, Srinagar

Thanks BRICS for these pics. Interesting to see pics of Gurdwaras in foreword areas. I have seen vids where smaller (I wouldnt really all them Gurdwaras) religious sites are set up in Siachin and there are Sikh, Hindu, Muslim, Christian symbols, statues etc all side by side with each man reducing blessing from each shrine and showing due respect for all. Indian Secularism at its best- one of the greatest parts of Indian society!

They are called Dharamsthan or SarvaDharamsthal. To know more about religion & Indian army, the following link is a must read, straight from a former Indian army officer - kashmir diary - Broadcasting my thoughts

Regarding Gurdwara Patthar Sahib, Leh, Ladakh, this a unique Gurdwara, with a unique story, you can read more here - SEWA UK: ."Nanak Lama": Gurdwara Patthar Sahib, Leh, Ladakh

Chinese set aside a chair for this Indian soldier.

4295710359_15ebe7f717.jpg

Many bells....

dsc_0254.jpg

Many flags....

dsc_02731.jpg

Who was Babaji?

dsc_0268.jpg

baba-harbhajan-singh.jpg

According to army folklore… A camp bed is kept for him and his boots are polished and uniform kept ready every night. The sheets are reportedly crumpled every morning and boots muddy by evening. The Major continues to draw a salary and takes his annual leave.

Legend also has it that in the event of a war between India and China, Baba would warn the Indian soldiers three days in advance. During the flag meetings between the two nations at Nathula, the Chinese set a chair aside for the saint.

http://indianhomemaker.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/chinese-set-aside-a-chair-for-this-indian-soldier/

They are called Dharamsthan or SarvaDharamsthal. To know more about religion & Indian army, the following link is a must read, straight from a former Indian army officer - kashmir diary - Broadcasting my thoughts

Regarding Gurdwara Patthar Sahib, Leh, Ladakh, this a unique Gurdwara, with a unique story, you can read more here - SEWA UK: ."Nanak Lama": Gurdwara Patthar Sahib, Leh, Ladakh

Yeh I've read this "Kashmir diary" before. Any clue on the background of the author? Is he RR,SF,PBI (lol) etc?? And what was his role in J&K? QRT, Task force etc?

Back
Top Bottom