What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

I have visited this place.As i was only 5 years old then i have faint memories but i guess he is called Jaswant Baba and all drivers of the Indian Army stop at his place to pay respect coz they believe if they wont their vehicle will break down.

He along with two of his female friends stopped 1 entire Chinese brigade for 3 days after which the Chinese came to know that there was only 1 man figting along with 2 females supporting him by bringing him ammunition and food.He killed himself when he came to know that he is not going to survive for long by hanging himself from a tree with a telephone wire and his female friends jumped off the clip coz they didnt want the Chinese to capture them alive.The Chinese took his head off with them and was respected by them for his supreme bravery.

It is said that he slaps the jawans who sleep on duty and he even has a seat booked for him in train and visits home.Jawans respect him like God.

I apologise if i am mistaking him for someone else but since this was also worth sharing so i wrote about "Jaswant Baba".

Jas+3.JPG

It was the final phase of the Sino-Indian War in November, 1962. A company of Garhwal Rifles was posted somewhere on the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border. They were ordered to vacate their post as soon as possible. But even as his company was asked to fall back, Jaswant Singh remained at his post at an altitude of 10,000 feet, and held back the invading Chinese for three days single-handedly. It is presumed that he shot himself when he realised that he was about to be captured. It is alleged that the Chinese cut off Jaswant Singh's head and took it back to China. However, after the ceasefire, the Chinese commander, impressed by the soldier's bravery, returned the head along with a brass bust of Jaswant Singh. The bust, created in China to honour the brave Indian soldier, is now installed at the site of the battle, a location now known as Jaswant Garh. Jaswant Singh's saga of valour and sacrifice continues to serve as an inspiration to all army personnel posted in this sector. It is a fact that he alone killed more than 300 Chinese soldiers in the war. He was assisted by two girls of the local village named Nura and Sella, and they were also given due credit, and the pass was named after Sella, and the highway named after Nura. It is still believed that the soul of this martyr still protects the whole of West Kameng from Chinese attacks.

http://shankarvishwanath.blogspot.com/

IAF Phalcon AWAC :

DPP_0089-742703.jpg

IAF IL-76 Gajraj :

IL%2076.jpg

C-130 J Super Hercules :

Indian_Air_Force_Lockheed_Martin_C-130J_KC-3801_first_flight2b.jpg

c-130J_India-paint-hangar.jpg

Antononv AN-32 :

An32roh.JPG

And, soon to come ..........

C17 Globemaster :cheers: :

c_17_globemaster_iii_aircraft-wide.jpg

DSC02588.JPG

ARUNACHAL PRADESH

Note the condition of the roads!!!

arunachal.jpg

arunachal1.jpg

arunachal2.jpg

arunachal3.jpg

Indo-Sino Border

arunachal4.jpg

Just over the hills is a big Chinese PLA barracks

arunachal5.jpg

arunachal111.png

arunachal8.jpg

Hell yeah!! Looks like the 2Nd guy from the right (next to soldier carrying guy) has a shotgun slung round his back! Look at them! Dhruv, Tavors, Shotgun, Tactics- looking world class! Wish more was shown of Indian SF like camera friendly US/ Pakistani SF.

^^^ is that a indian observation post?

Line of Actual Control (LAC). Bum-La, Arunachal Pradesh. Tourists/Civilians visit. Flag meetings are held. PLA & IA celebrate each others Indepedence Days together - all this happens here.

e6c7bfcb.jpg

An awesome vid of IN VBSS teams (guys in black) being trained by IN MARCOs (guys in camo):

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom