What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

a34pz.jpg

For some reason an M4?!! Can anyone explain???

More pics here:
Indian - russian counter - terror excerise ** indra - 2010 **

just posted the best ones

Its a part of Indian SF's regular Armour.

Group-of-Indian-Warships-Dock-in-Vladivostok..jpg

INS Ranvir

Group-of-Indian-Warships-Dock-in-Vladivostok.jpg

INS Ranvijay

Indra06.jpg

INS Jyoti

A group of Indian warships today arrived in Vladivostok, the main Russian Pacific Fleet base, to begin drills with the Russian Navy after exercises with the US Navy.

Three Indian warships INS Ranvir and Ranvijay, both missile destroyers and indigenous Frigate INS Delhi, a Kirch Corvette and the tanker Jyoti docked at the famous Russian far eastern port, Itar-Tass reported.

^^^ okay so this is a follow on ex after Malabar '11, these crews must be getting a good work out!!

Sukhoi 30 Mki At Car Nicobar Air Base , Andaman and Nicobar

61476869.jpg

Jaguars Along With Mi-17 at Car Nicobar Air Base.

dscn0586ff.jpg

Sukhoi 30 Mki At Car Nicobar Air Base , Andaman and Nicobar

61476869.jpg

Jaguars Along With Mi-17 at Car Nicobar Air Base.

dscn0586ff.jpg

Can anyone explain the Red Mi-17s in the second pic? I've seen them before, why are they painted red? Different role- SAR, amphibious assault??

+ in the first pic, they are not MKIs but SU-30MKs (paint schme, lack of TVC, Lack of Canards and have seen this pics with full story @ Livefist)

Can anyone explain the Red Mi-17s in the second pic? I've seen them before, why are they painted red? Different role- SAR, amphibious assault??

+ in the first pic, they are not MKIs but SU-30MKs (paint schme, lack of TVC, Lack of Canards and have seen this pics with full story @ Livefist)

i think these red helicopters are to be used in an event of surrender... so that they can be viewed from long distance and are not fired upon

i think these red helicopters are to be used in an event of surrender... so that they can be viewed from long distance and are not fired upon

hmm i dont think so.. my best guess is it can be used for naval rescue operations...

hmm what an imagination....

my best guess is it can be used for naval rescue operations...

The Mi-17s are painted in Hi-Vis config since they are likely to operate over the Sea in a SAR role. They also have flotation devices fitted.

About the Canards etc, that is an old picture of Su-30s during a short deployment to Car Nicobar.

PHP:
http://tinypic.com/m/e96m40/2

[video]<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v7.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=o729er&s=7">[/video]

I think its Mig29...

No they are SU-30MKs ( before they were replaced by MKIs in mid 2000s) notice double canopy and paint scheme (Mig29 has never been painted as such) there a numerous pics of SU-30MKs being painted in this scheme before MKIs came in and adopted modern grey scheme.

Back
Top Bottom