Indian Military Picture Thread

img_1667.jpg

img_1655.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

LCA_pre_flight.jpg

U28P27T1D238369F26DT20041029084238.jpg

To Indian members here:

Very impressive military I must say. There are very few militaries worldwide who are as multi-mission capable as yours around the world, combat ready in almost any geographical terrain be it a desert, mountains, marshy plains, coastal defense or any other terrain that I have missed. :)

However, I have noticed a lot of loopholes throughout the collection, especially in your Army. While your Navy and Air force pack quite a punch and I am sure can hold on their own very easily, your troops lack Kevlar suits or protection gear made of polymers at limb as well as abdomen and groin joints.

These areas in a combat are the most vulnerable points of a soldier and even during mock drills and counter terrorism training, soldiers can seriously get injured at limb joints (I had a bad experience with my right elbow myself). I also observed that your ground forces quite a significant lot use the AK series of assault rifles and that 7.62 mm ammo can pack a serious bone-cracking punch on a soldier's knee/elbow/groin/shoulders.

Also, the type of helmet that your troops wear is very unique and is unknown in our part of the world. Your ground forces need a serious upgrade on body protection and armour

the indian soldier wear armor of metal slabs or plates. some with lower protection and others that protect the neck. It is true that the lack the basic little things but that does not severely hamper them. Infact most indian soldier perfer light armor so they can move and it seems the indian soldier does move often in the battlefield expecially in counter insurgency operations. It seems only a few have kevlar armor and headgear. But i believe the Indian army mantians that they can expect lose but they seemed to target offensive capabilities with ammunintion, artillery. I dont think the Indian military is too concerned with the low rank jawan.

To Indian members here:

Very impressive military I must say. There are very few militaries worldwide who are as multi-mission capable as yours around the world, combat ready in almost any geographical terrain be it a desert, mountains, marshy plains, coastal defense or any other terrain that I have missed. :)

However, I have noticed a lot of loopholes throughout the collection, especially in your Army. While your Navy and Air force pack quite a punch and I am sure can hold on their own very easily, your troops lack Kevlar suits or protection gear made of polymers at limb as well as abdomen and groin joints.

These areas in a combat are the most vulnerable points of a soldier and even during mock drills and counter terrorism training, soldiers can seriously get injured at limb joints (I had a bad experience with my right elbow myself). I also observed that your ground forces quite a significant lot use the AK series of assault rifles and that 7.62 mm ammo can pack a serious bone-cracking punch on a soldier's knee/elbow/groin/shoulders.

Also, the type of helmet that your troops wear is very unique and is unknown in our part of the world. Your ground forces need a serious upgrade on body protection and armour

yes...army needs serious upgrades...lets see when and what happens..

Super falcon

You called Arjun " Arjunk"

Why ???????/

The Arjun has beaten the T90 easily in triald lasting months & months. In india.

Arjun are heavey tanks in class of LEOPARD & CHALLENGER from Europe.

The offer crew confort state of the art loading and real thick armour.

Meaning a light tank like the T90 and indeed all the PAKISTAN TANKS cant knoeck out Arjuns in 1-1 scenario

India have ordered second batch and are moving to to a MK2 as well

Photobucket | arjun Pictures, arjun Images, arjun Photos

To Indian members here:

The decision makers in the Army tend to go for bigger things like tanks,mlrs,helicopters etc and forget about the foot soldier.But in recent years things have improved and we are soon going to see the F-INSAS.

This is also due to the less budget for such a large army..so they concentrate on the big things first.But if you compare the current soldier to 10 years ago..you would see things have improved a lot..and will improve a lot more in the comming years.

Back
Top Bottom