What's new

Indian Manned Mission to Space : The Details

I can assure you it's definitely not jealousy. China has already achieved manned space flight and is a good 15 to 20 years ahead of India. It's more like a giant facepalm.

50 / 50 chance the first Indian astronauts are deadmeat. Then I'll have to suffer through months of bad Indian astronaut jokes in America. Then I'll have to read angry, racist British comments in Daily Mail about why the UK government is giving foreign aid to these guys to burn up astronauts. Then there will be all the posts on PDF about how the dead astronauts are national heroes and success is only the next launch away. Basically, one giant mega facepalm. You know it. I know it.

I know only one thing.

Somebody's arse is on fire and not really smelling nice.

First of all, we do not when will India launch its first manned space flight yet. All this is in planning stage and we know how plans can get delayed, especially in India. 2nd, in regard to GDP, which USSR first sent the first man to space in the early 60s, its GDP was much smaller than the current Indian GDP. Even the US has less GDP than today's India. however, USSR and US has the will and the determination to send people to space and there is an actual space race. India is not really competing against anyone. And from the article, it appear that India will import the whole crew module from Russia. If that is the case, why not just send Indian engineers to Russia and working on fitting a Suyoz craft to fit into an Indian missile. Mission accomplished.

:rofl: This is not China that we will buy off or steal others technology and call this as Indian. Learn to develop something of your own. But no use of this to you.

Guys, please this has nothing to do with China at all.

Ignore the trolls. Genuine comments are welcome from anyone and everyone.

I can assure you it's definitely not jealousy. China has already achieved manned space flight and is a good 15 to 20 years ahead of India. It's more like a giant facepalm.

While India already sent a prove to land on the surface of the Moon, China is far behind to do that. Does it mean a giant facepalm as well?

50 / 50 chance the first Indian astronauts are deadmeat. Then I'll have to suffer through months of bad Indian astronaut jokes in America. Then I'll have to read angry, racist British comments in Daily Mail about why the UK government is giving foreign aid to these guys to burn up astronauts. Then there will be all the posts on PDF about how the dead astronauts are national heroes and success is only the next launch away.

We regularly hear jokes about chinese here and there, so nothing new. China also takes huge foriegn aid to massacre people in its own country, what does it mean to you? These are old tricks, have been used by many and returned as super-duper facepalms. :lol:

Basically, one giant mega facepalm. You know it. I know it.

The mega, super, super-duper facepalms were all from this to you, so now you want to return them. NO. Not gonna happen.

Genuine comments are welcome from anyone and everyone.

No sir. We, in-fact don't welcome Genuine comments. For us, Genuine comments are the one we want to hear. Any criticism, and we fly off!!
I would have welcomed such projects, had i seen some genuine efforts by GoI to improve and invest in health care, education and infrastructure.

We, alas, are busy projecting ourselves for the permanent security seat. Im sure, the Singh government will get reelected in next elections as well. No questions asked on social development.

No sir. We, in-fact don't welcome Genuine comments. For us, Genuine comments are the one we want to hear. Any criticism, and we fly off!!
I would have welcomed such projects, had i seen some genuine efforts by GoI to improve and invest in health care, education and infrastructure.

We, alas, are busy projecting ourselves for the permanent security seat. Im sure, the Singh government will get reelected in next elections as well. No questions asked on social development.

I agree there is much that has to improve in health care, education and infrastructure.

Now if you take all this money and pump it into those sectors, do you think the problems there will go away? Are the massive resources that are being spent in education and healthcare delivering commensurate results?

Is it necessarily an either/or choice? Can't we do both with a judicious mix? We fell behind once and suffered, do we want to miss this bus as well and always be behind?

These are technologies that may decide our survival as a nation in future. We can neglect them only at our peril.

pic21548.jpg

jab log tumhare khilaf bol rahe ho na ( Trolls ) ....samjho tarakki kar rahe ho ( Indian Space Programme )

pic21548.jpg

jab log tumhare khilaf bol rahe ho na ( Trolls ) ....samjho tarakki kar rahe ho ( Indian Space Programme )

I am surprised by the amount of hostility and downright petty mindedness of some of these trolls.

They are definitely Chordata, probably even primates, I doubt many of them got the opportunity to graduate to Homo Sapiens.

Now if you take all this money and pump it into those sectors, do you think the problems there will go away? Are the massive resources that are being spent in education and healthcare delivering commensurate results?
And that exactly is what ails us. In our goal to be the next big thing, we seem to miss the very obvious thing.

This sectors as you call them, ought to be the primary concerns for us a nation. Come to my city Mumbai. Just next to our airport, we have the biggest slums, visible for all. Is this slum a new phenomenon .... it has been there for ages now. What have we done about it? . Just next to my residence is a Government school. A old building. I had a chance to visits its Toilets one day. Need less to say, it was pathetic, stinking and what not. Now, after 60+ years of independence, you still want us to wait because this problems wont just go away? ... yes you are right. they wont go away untill we the prople start questioning our elected representatives about this and tell Mr.Singh to do something about it.

Is it necessarily an either/or choice? Can't we do both with a judicious mix? We fell behind once and suffered, do we want to miss this bus as well and always be behind?

These are technologies that may decide our survival as a nation in future. We can neglect them only at our peril.
No we cant do both. I want my taxes to be accountable for the social development. Im OK if we miss the moon bus. Im not OK if we still have unfed in our society. Maybe, you and me, may not consider the urgency of all this. Maybe ask those poors on our street or those who cant afford health care, if they would rather have INDIA sending unmanned mission to moon or would they rather have quality health care?

And that exactly is what ails us. In our goal to be the next big thing, we seem to miss the very obvious thing.

This sectors as you call them, ought to be the primary concerns for us a nation. Come to my city Mumbai. Just next to our airport, we have the biggest slums, visible for all. Is this slum a new phenomenon .... it has been there for ages now. What have we done about it? . Just next to my residence is a Government school. A old building. I had a chance to visits its Toilets one day. Need less to say, it was pathetic, stinking and what not. Now, after 60+ years of independence, you still want us to wait because this problems wont just go away? ... yes you are right. they wont go away untill we the prople start questioning our elected representatives about this and tell Mr.Singh to do something about it.

No we cant do both. I want my taxes to be accountable for the social development. Im OK if we miss the moon bus. Im not OK if we still have unfed in our society. Maybe, you and me, may not consider the urgency of all this. Maybe ask those poors on our street or those who cant afford health care, if they would rather have INDIA sending unmanned mission to moon or would they rather have quality health care?

I am not disagreeing with you about the need to focus on these sectors. Its a shame we are doing so poorly on them.

I disagree that we can't let any excellence happen in this country till we resolve all those problems.

Yes, hold those politicians accountable and also let the scientists achieve something in a sector that has already resulted in so much gains for the country.

Come to my city Mumbai. Just next to our airport, we have the biggest slums, visible for all. Is this slum a new phenomenon .... it has been there for ages now. What have we done about it?

Don't think the govt. is not doing anything. These slum dwellers are alloted free land every 4-5 years. All they do is sell that piece of land and come back to live in slums hoping for another piece of land after a few years. And the situation isn't a rare case but the situation is the same as all of them.

The reason they come back may be because they dont have any earning and that is due to lack of education options and the chain can go on. Solving all of them takes decades.
But on the other hand look at the space program. Due to satellites, climate can be accurately predicted and farmers made aware of it, then you have telemedicine and what not ?

These are just off shoots of our space program and I am sure there can be useful off shoots from manned mission as well.

So, investment in science and education should be welcomed in any form.

Science is the True Development of any nation.
Had we bothered abt Millions spent in 70s.. we couldnt have Agni II or V .....

Moon Mission is a Glory that India Deserves and as a Tax Payer im proud that my nation achieves it.

:rofl: This is not China that we will buy off or steal others technology and call this as Indian. Learn to develop something of your own. But no use of this to you.

that is how I can see India achieve man space flight in 2016. 5 years is not enough time to do all these. when was the first schedue of LCA and arjun? this scale of achievement is no different from those two. Sending a probe crashing into a moon is not in the same scale as sending a man to space.

that is how I can see India achieve man space flight in 2016. 5 years is not enough time to do all these. when was the first schedue of LCA and arjun? this scale of achievement is no different from those two. Sending a probe crashing into a moon is not in the same scale as sending a man to space.

Let us know when your Taiwan achieves it.

Till then STFU.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom