What's new

Indian jet crash-Pilot killed

X_Man:

I posted the wrong picture before. It's fixed now :police:

The aerobatic pic posted by Bzerk is the Kiran MkII and not the IJT,the IJT Sitara as it is called now will only enter Sqn service in 2011.

RIP to the pilot. Any technical reasons for the crash? (though it is early to tell).

The plane crashed while on an aerobatic maneuver! Surya Kirans are world Famous, just google it!

Lastly, Why do so many here, derive pleasure from seeing failure, poverty, death etc? Why? Isnt it Sadistic??? I mean it both for the Indians and Pakistanis who highlight each others failures, while downplays the Gains! WHY???

At least personally for me there is no pleasure seeing such reports. What I have noticed on various forums is that, crashes are tracked just to keep a tally of attrition on both sides. Members should be careful in how they post such news so its not insensitive.

The IJT looks great in Red. I was there in Aero India 2007 when it had an accident.

The pilot hadnt shut the canopy properly! During take off, due to the high speed, the canopy opened suddenly and the plane skidded to a halt. I believe after that they have incorporated a canopy open sign in the cockpit!

Indian navys sea harrier fighter crashes

An Indian Naval fighter aircraft crashed off the Goa [ Images ] coast on Friday, killing the pilot.

"The Indian naval 'Sea Harrier' aircraft, which was on a routine exercise mission, crashed at about 1157 hours," a naval spokesman said.

The single-seater aircraft crashed in the Arabian sea 15 miles away from the shore.

"Lieutenant Commander Saurav Saxena, the pilot of the aircraft lost his life in the incident," the spokesman added.

Its always sad for the parents/siblings of the young guns in any Defence Force when they loose their life , esp. in Asian countries , where the young ones are the only (generally )bread winners in the family when the parents get retired... their worlds come crashing down.. No compansation is enough for the family.. I m not being insensitive but is there any rule in place for compensation for the family of the deceased in IAF or PAF?
god speed to the pilot and condolences to the family :(

May the departed soul rest in peace & give courage to the family to bear this irreplaceable loss.

Yes, AFAIK the families of PAF as well IAF pilots who are killed during service are given some help by Air Force.

:disagree:Ya Allah!! We lost one more precious life! May God give peace to his soul!
All this happening because of our lazzy babu's and government.We lost too many pilots now only our government realized to mordernise our armforces

BANGLORE: A pilot of an Indian Kiran trainer jet was killed in a crash on Wednesday morning near Bidar in Karnataka.

The pilot was a member of the Indian Air Force's crack aerobatic squadron, the Surya Kirans.

He was carrying out low-level aerobatics when the incident took place at about 9 am on Wednesday.

An inquiry has been ordered into the crash. The possibility of a bird hit has not been ruled out.

Its very tragic when pilots lose lives flying training air crafts. According my poor knowledge Pakistani trainers have no ejection kit as they are very expensive. What about Indian training crafts. I wish all the training crafts had ejector seats so precious lives of pilots could have been saved.

You're wrong.T-37 are equipped with Ejection Seats but usually young trainers hardly survive ejection or just don't survive as they tend to become nervous and either forget to eject (while trying to fix the jet) or eject when the plane is too near to the ground and is impacted before pilot ejects.

Its very tragic when pilots lose lives flying training air crafts. According my poor knowledge Pakistani trainers have no ejection kit as they are very expensive. What about Indian training crafts. I wish all the training crafts had ejector seats so precious lives of pilots could have been saved.

PAF nearly all jet trainers have Ejection Seats, FT-7 & K-8 both have them. The FT-5 i guess don't have them, which would soon be retiring i think, and yups the prop trainer does also not have it.

Rest of all PAF fighters have Ejection seats.

Back
Top Bottom