What's new

Indian IT giant Infosys slashes yearly growth outlook

Many big publicly listed Tech entities are better off acquiring smaller startups for the technology rather than doing R&D on their own. The core idea is to improve the bottom line and reduce expenses, as 'failed' research is pretty damn wasteful and cannot be justified to stakeholders.

Not even remotely, 2 million is more like the Salary of a CEO/CTO of a Mid level company. IIT graduates doesn't really earn that hyper salary, more like in the range of $150-300K USD.

I'm not from IIT (I have MS and PhD from top tier US university), but I get about $192 K excluding equity, which is little better than my Research assistant professor position in Stanford, where I got $125 K without any equity.
You are right , freshers get roughly 100k annually , after few promotions and seven eight years in job they reach 300 to 400 k annually

Infosys is well established and large enough that it is limited by Western market forces, while the startup circus is being called out.
Perspective: Combined value of just 108 Indian unicorn valuation even today roughly equals the total GDP of Pakistan.

1692374565985.png

As far as infosys is concerned. it has grown at 30% CAGR for more than two decades, if that doesn't ring a bell, nothing will.

I am not in US , this i came to know from close relations . I do not know ground reality . I visit them every year in april to july .
That’s mostly for computer science folks working on AI, Machine learning or Data Science.

I’m a physicist :(

We get paid very average, I’m glad my family is rich. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom