What's new

Indian Inventions throughout the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crescograph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Invented by J C Bose.

jagdish+chandar+bose.jpg

by this logic the Italians cannot take credit for the Roman civilization but they can take credit for things that happened in Ethiopia because they are both Christians. :rolleyes:

Exactly right brother, it is OUR heritage, foreigners don't get a look in.

6. Iron:

iswc1-07-08-2008.jpg

n was developed in the Vedic period of India, around the same time as, but independently of, Anatolia and the Caucasus. Archaeological sites in India, such as Malhar, Dadupur, Raja Nala Ka Tila and Lahuradewa in present day Uttar Pradesh show iron implements in the period between 1800 BC—1200 BC. Early iron objects found in India can be dated to 1400 BC by employing the method of radiocarbon dating.

Spikes, knives, daggers, arrow-heads, bowls, spoons, saucepans, axes, chisels, tongs, door fittings,etc, ranging from 600 BC to 200 BC have been discovered from several archaeological sites of India. Some scholars believe that by the early 13th century BC, iron smelting was practiced on a bigger scale in India, suggesting that the date the technology's inception may be placed earlier. In Southern India (present day Mysore) iron appeared as early as 11th to 12th centuries BC; these developments were too early for any significant close contact with the northwest of the country

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

The majority of the IVC is within the borders of Pakistan, our people have lived here for thousands of years, we are the original inhabitants, now what does a Tamil or Bombayite have to do with our ancient land or people. Nothing at all.

Please let me at least finish my 10 inventions before you start Rafi dear :rofl:

Loool why so much negativity on the thread?

Do you see Indians crying on "Islamic inventions" full of Perso-Arabic inventions?

And as far as Indus Valley Civilisation is concerned, Pakistan might have bit more IVC sites since much of Indus rives flows in Pakistan, BUT THE PEOPLE who actually established the civilisations were 100% Indians and if you read the history carefully it will tell you that in late Happan civilisation the population started moving eastwards to the banks of Ganges and hence Ganges became holy for these residents (Hindus.) Plus the religion followed by residents of these civilisation was Hinduism and hence statues of Indian lords, scripture of Vedas were found from IVC. So now will you claim Hindu Vedas to be Pakistani as well ey? So present day Muslim Punjabis or Sindhis have nothing to do with Indus Valley Civilisation. :)

watch

This is the BBC documentry and they call it 'the story of India' for some reason. I wonder why? And when people talk about ancient civilisation they talk about Persia, India, China, Egypt, Greece why doesn't anyone talk about Pakistan?

Just something to think about. :)

Doofus, we're not talking about religion here. We are talkng withing country borders. If Hindus have so claim to Indus Valley because they were Hindus that means Muslims have as much right to the Taj Mahal.

right. i m sure u haven't read all my post on this thread. i have said it exclusively what is ur parameter. is it religion or is it the culture and ethnicity.

its all about ideologies, coz ideologies decide the direction towards inventions.

i don't expect muslims to understand meaning of ideology different from religion. paganism was never a religion bu an ideology. hence, my point.

7. Pagoda:

2129572563_437011a359_z.jpg

The origin of the pagoda can be traced to the Indian stupa (3rd century BCE). The Buddhist pagoda, a dome shaped monument, was used in India as a commemorative monument associated with storing sacred relics. The stupa architecture was adopted in Southeast and East Asia, where it became prominent as a Buddhist monument used for enshrining sacred relics. Upon its discovery, this architectural became known as pagoda to the people from the western world.

by this logic the Italians cannot take credit for the Roman civilization but they can take credit for things that happened in Ethiopia because they are both Christians. :rolleyes:

Yes but present day Pakistanis are not the descadants of residents of IVC!!! If you know your history properly you'd know that towards late-Harappan civilisation people started moving eastwards to the banks of Ganges following a drought in Indus river??!! And present day Pakistanis (Muslim Punjabis, Muslim Sindhis) has no corrolation with IVC. :)

The majority of the IVC is within the borders of Pakistan, our people have lived here for thousands of years, we are the original inhabitants, now what does a Tamil or Bombayite have to do with our ancient land or people. Nothing at all.
well brother, what u say is on basis of race (just like hitler), what i say is on basis of ideology.

its not the race that make things happen, its the thought process and ideologies.

if tomorrow, whole of pakistan converts in any other religion, then too their current achievements will be credited to the islamic ideology coz thats what made it happen. again i repeat, its not bout the person, its bout his thoughts. :)

8. Reservoirs:

mohenjodaro.jpg

Dry climate and water scarcity in India led to early development of water management techniques, including the building of a reservoir at Girnar in 3000 BC.

Sophisticated irrigation and storage systems were developed by the Indus Valley Civilization, including the artificial reservoirs at Girnar in 3000 BCE which was probably a Valley dammed reservoir and an early canal irrigation system from circa 2600 BCE. Irrigation was developed in the Indus Valley Civilization around 4500 BCE. The size and prosperity of the Indus civilization grew as a result of this innovation, which eventually lead to more planned settlements which further made use of drainage and sewers.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

9. Sewage collection and disposal systems:

Mohenjodaro_Sindh.jpeg

Large-scale sanitary sewer systems were in place in the Indus Valley by 2700 BCE. The drains were 7-10 feet wide and 2 feet (0.61 m) below ground level. The sewage was then led into cesspools, built at the intersection of two drains, which had stairs leading to them for periodic cleaning. Plumbing using earthenware plumbing pipes with broad flanges for easy joining with asphalt to stop leaks was in place by 2700 BCE.

but tell me are they culturally similar. praying to jesus don't make them congruent. or does it ?

when i say ideology, its amalgamation of all ur beliefs which include ur cultural background, faith, etc.

hope u get my point or at least intend to understand my point. :)

10. Toilet:

toilet_ancient_india.jpg

The ancient cities of the Indus Valley Civilization, e.g., Harappa and Mohenjo-daro which are located in present day India & Pakistan had flush toilets attached to a sophisticated sewage system.

The people of the Harappan civilization in Pakistan and north-western India had water-flushing toilets in each house that were linked with drains covered with burnt clay bricks.

By 2800 BCE, private bathrooms, located on the ground floor, were found in nearly all the houses of the Indus Valley Civilization. The pottery pipes in walls allowed drainage of water and there was, in some case, provision of a crib for sitting.The Indus Valley Civilization had some of the most advanced private lavatories in the world. "Western-style" toilets were made from bricks using toilet seats made of wood

on top. The waste was then transmitted to drainage systems.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Anyone else like to contribute please do so as my hands are hurting now :cheesy:

well, i have a question to all.

can anyone explain, why does indian culture and methods of doing things match so much to the IVC people if former are not of latter's decedent ?

i mean almost everything resembles. like their dressing style and its comparison to same age other parts of modern india.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom