What's new

Indian Inventions throughout the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 Ancient Indian Inventions

1. Bow drill:

220px-Bow_Drill.png

The bow drill is an ancient tool. While it was usually used to make fire, it was also used for primitive woodworking and dentistry. It consists of a bearing block or handhold, a spindle or drill, a hearth or fireboard, and a simple bow. Related drills include the pump drill and the hand drill.

The bow drill appeared in Mehrgarh(present day-Pakistan) between the 4th-5th millennium BCE. This bow drill was used to drill holes into lapis lazuli and cornelian. It was made of green jasper and was basically used to make ornaments. Similar drills were found in other parts of the Indus Valley Civilization and Iran one millennium later.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

2. ****-fighting:

****-fighting_india.jpg

A cockfight is a blood sport between two roosters, held in a ring called a cockpit.

The combatants, known as gamecocks, are specially bred birds, conditioned for increased stamina and strength. In many areas around the world, cockfighting is still practiced as a mainstream event; in some countries it is government controlled.

Cockfighting was a pastime in the Indus Valley Civilization by 2000 BC. The Encyclopedia Britannica (2008)—on the origins of cockfighting—holds: "The game fowl is probably the nearest to the Indian red jungle fowl (Gallus gallus), from which all domestic chickens are believed to be descended...The sport was popular in ancient times in India, China, Persia, and other Eastern countries and was introduced into Greece in the time of Themistocles (c. 524–460 BCE). The sport spread throughout Asia Minor and Sicily. For a long time the Romans affected to despise this "Greek diversion," but they ended up adopting it so enthusiastically that the agricultural writer Columella (1st century AD) complained that its devotees often spent their whole patrimony in betting at the side of the pit."

In present day India, Cockfighting is favourite sport of people living in the coastal region of Andhra Pradesh, Dakshina Kannada and Udupi districts of Karnataka,(South India).

Cockfighting in Tamil Nadu is mentioned in ancient literature like Manu Needhi Sastiram, Kattu Seval Sastiram, and other sangam-age literature, 2,000 years old.

COCKFIGHT . :rofl:

Plz dont excite my naughty imagination. :P

well if u see, in vulgar double meaning too, cockfight wud be invention of india. after all example of gayism was 1st found in indian mythology. :P (read story of ayappa)

3. Dental Surgery:

dental_surgery_ancient_india+(1).jpg

The Indus Valley Civilization has yielded evidence of dentistry being practiced as far back as 7000 BCE. This earliest form of dentistry involved curing tooth related disorders with bow drills operated, perhaps, by skilled bead craftsmen. The reconstruction of this ancient form of dentistry showed that the methods used were reliable and effective.

Evidence suggests the drilling occurred on ordinary men and women - not slaves or royalty. The dentistry, which probably evolved from intricate ornamental bead drilling also practiced in the area, went on for about 1,500 years until about 5500 B.C.

But yeah don't take credit for IVC inventions, they are the historical heritage of modern day Pakistani people. Be proud of your Ganges civilization and tribes, post those things invented in Hind by Hindu civilization.

Heartland of IVC is modern day Pakistan along the Indus river.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but please respect our history and don't try to usurp what doesn't belong to you. Thanks.

Bow drill FTW, what an amazing invention. Believe it or not it was also used in dentistry, very painful but apparently it worked. I'm very proud of the IVC, great ancient civilization.

Bro our ancestors were indeed wise, brave and industrious, and when the beautiful revolutionary thoughts that came from Arabia, then our same ancestors joined the great world belief system of Islam through Sufi Missionaries.

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

But yeah don't take credit for IVC inventions, they are the historical heritage of modern day Pakistani people. Be proud of your Ganges civilization and tribes, post those things invented in Hind by Hindu civilization.

india has much to be proud of as an ancient society, but the IVC is ours and should not be claimed by indians.

4. Furnace:

furnace.jpg

The earliest furnace was excavated at Balakot, a site of the Indus Valley Civilization, dating back to its mature phase (c. 2500-1900 BCE).

The furnace was most likely used for the manufacturing of ceramic objects.

Due to these ancient distillation furnaces, Indians pioneered the zinc extraction for the first time anywhere in the world.

Also residents of Mohenjo-daro used underground furnaces (hypocaust), possibly for heated bathing.

Yeti the intention of your thread is good and I respect you trying to post inventions, but you are going about it the wrong way, that's all. You should post inventions by Hindu civilizations in Hind unique to your ancestral people. IVC heartland is in modern day Pakistan and the people are ancestors of the people of Pakistan, the major historical sites and inventions are found in Pakistan. Please just respect our historical heritage that is all.

Thanks.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but please respect our history and don't try to usurp what doesn't belong to you. Thanks.

again i come. :)

tell me who were the people of IVC ? what ideology they followed ?

I say they followed paganism which was called sanatan dharm which is a superset of current indian pagan religion called hinduism.

pakistanis shunt be taking credits away from pagans.

now prove me wrong. :)

and to understand my actual take, plz go thru all my posts on this thread. then if u find any discrepancy, then reply back. regards. :)

5. Hospitals:

hospital.jpg

Brahmanic hospitals were established in what is now Sri Lanka as early as 431 BCE. The Indian emperor Ashoka (ruled from 273 BCE to 232 BCE) himself established a chain of hospitals throughout the Mauryan empire (322–185 BCE) by 230 BCE. One of the edicts of Ashoka (272—231 BCE) reads: "Everywhere King Piyadasi (Asoka) erected two kinds of hospitals, hospitals for people and hospitals for animals. Where there were no healing herbs for people and animals, he ordered that they be bought and planted."

31732630.jpg

The river rages through the land
Cutting the earth with its mighty hand
Digging the canyons across the face of time
Revealing a land that is intertwined

The river brings life as it moves along
The animals drink from it and makes them strong
The river is a roadway, where great boats do ride
The river is mighty and has great pride

The river takes and gives what it sees fit
Many a great tribe stands in awe of it
Even the great river takes time to rest
Knowing it has done it’s very best

There is a raging river flowing through you and me
It cuts through our soul, setting the spirit free
Let the river flow, do not dam it up
Feel the never ending energy, drink from it’s cup

Let your river flow outward and keep in mind
As it cuts through each one, we are all intertwined

Yeti the intention of your thread is good and I respect you trying to post inventions, but you are going about it the wrong way, that's all. You should post inventions by Hindu civilizations in Hind unique to your ancestral people. IVC heartland is in modern day Pakistan and the people are ancestors of the people of Pakistan, the major historical sites and inventions are found in Pakistan. Please just respect our historical heritage that is all.

Thanks.

Sir IVC is both in India and Pakistan I admit it because the worlds first port is in Lothal so we both share this great civilisation.

I say they followed paganism which was called sanatan dharm which is a superset of current indian pagan religion called hinduism.

and to understand my actual take, plz go thru all my posts on this thread. then if u find any discrepancy, then reply back. regards. :)

by this logic the Italians cannot take credit for the Roman civilization but they can take credit for things that happened in Ethiopia because they are both Christians. :rolleyes:

250px-IVC_Map.png

You can see from the map it had settlements in both countries lets not fight who's it belongs to that is petty it belongs to all of us and humanity as a whole.

Doofus, we're not talking about religion here. We are talkng withing country borders. If Hindus have so claim to Indus Valley because they were Hindus that means Muslims have as much right to the Taj Mahal.

Sir IVC is both in India and Pakistan I admit it because the worlds first port is in Lothal so we both share this great civilisation.

The majority of the IVC is within the borders of Pakistan, our people have lived here for thousands of years, we are the original inhabitants, now what does a Tamil or Bombayite have to do with our ancient land or people. Nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom