What's new

Indian Invasion of Pakistani Media

Dont TV remotes in pakistan have options to switch channels?

Its quite easy to avoid these ads just press "next".

This is just ridiculous.This is era of globalization.In fact we just over-hype the importance of Pakistani Media.I think we should be more generous towards our neighbors.I have noted that Indians specially their media give us too much attention.They invite our actors/cricketers and other persons for TV interviews etc so it should be reciprocated.

This is just ridiculous.This is era of globalization.In fact we just over-hype the importance of Pakistani Media.I think we should be more generous towards our neighbors.I have noted that Indians specially their media give us too much attention.They invite our actors/cricketers and other persons for TV interviews etc so it should be reciprocated.

Actually a fact very reminiscent of Pakistani hostility to Indian artists is Pakistan's refusal, till date, to give visa to Lata Mangeshkar.

I mean just imagine. Lata Mangeshkar of all the artists in India has never been given Pakistani visa.

Compare that to the dozens of Pakistani celebs from Wasim Akram to Veena Malik to Ali Zafar who are in India every other day.

Actually a fact very reminiscent of Pakistani hostility to Indian artists is Pakistan's refusal, till date, to give visa to Lata Mangeshkar.

I mean just imagine. Lata Mangeshkar of all the artists in India has never been given Pakistani visa.

Captain shut up will you?

Lata is Revered in Pakistan, I dont think Lata Ji would have decided to come in herself. Rekha and Kapoor family has been here many times. Kapoor brothers were even state guests. these are the only people I remember but I know more have been welcomed.

I am not sure how old are you but well Amitabh was injured in the movie "Quli", even people in Pakistan prayed for his recovery.

Captain shut up will you?

Lata is Revered in Pakistan, I dont think Lata Ji would have decided to come in herself. Rekha and Kapoor family has been ehe many times. Kapoor brothers were even state guests. these are the only people I remember but I know more have been welcomed.

I am not sure how old are you but well Amitabh was injured in the movie "Quli", even people in Pakistan prayed for his recovery.

Well I didn't know about other stars and thanks for telling me, my friend.

I know Pakistani people love Indian stars like anything.

In fact I know for a fact how much hospitality Pakistanis show to Indians who visit their country. My cousin had visited Pakistan for an Indo-Pak match a few years ago and he was all praises for the Pakistani hospitality.

But I'm not talking about the Pakistani people. Pardon me if from my post you felt that I was disrespecting the Pakistani people for I was not.

However, the Pakistani establishment and its repeated refusal top give visa to Lata Mangeshkar is something that has confounded me to this day.

EDIT:

I found this video on you tube:

I wish it is true but it is also true that Lata has been trying to perform in Pakistan for decades now but has not succeeded yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
If pakistani people love indian actors/movies than there is no point in having this discussion

Any more inappropriate posts or jibes and flaming will result in immediate ban

real headache are these type of threads for mods....:D

@ OP.. forum is for discussion I think ... not only for posting vids...

I`d like to read mature replies on topic .....

@ Irfan B: mate, Indians also love Pakistani stars and sportsmen very greatly.

I hope you remember the reception that the Pakistani contingent got in commonwealth games in Delhi, 2010.

that is disgraceful if they done that.

by the way there has to be some music festival or some sort or she gets an invite from say Mehdi Hassan or female singers of her age. most of ours are sadly dead like Malk Pakhraj and Noor Jahan our artists are the key to bring us closer.normally the pakistani artists go to India to make it big
because well there is just no contest there. the exposure, experience and career progression is unparalleled. whereas the visits to Pakistan are mostly on personal invites or fund raisings.. Indian artists have been generous to the calls of Imran Khan in the past.

but I must say, even during Zia era and then later on during Nawaz and Benazir era, the Indian top artists have been state guests (re movies or finding their roots, Kapoors went to Peshawar).

I guess due to current hostilities and all this war on terror there has been tit for tat reactions from either side, e.g. Nusrat Ali was banned from coming back to India (allegedly) by Bal Thakery for singing a song over the suffering of Kashmiris.

during 80s and 90s, PTV dramas were very famous because of strong storylines and well Indian movies have been and still are liked in pakistan as there is no competition there. re tv with the flooding of so many channels I dont see much distinction now.

there is a swaping of our actors and actresses on either side in dramas. I think this trend must be celebrated rather than fawned upon.

xenophobia is a natural animal instinct and not just a Pakistani trait mind you,
it cant be helped. but if the Pakistani artists and models in the same field up their game then the advertisers will switch to them too

its nothing personal, they got to make their brand appealing with the endorsement of the top Gals and guys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom