What's new

Indian immigrant beaten in Israel in apparent coronavirus-linked hate crime

even if at the geo-strategic level we may remain close to far flung countries of the planet, on a people to people level we will only find our neighbours the closest..We will laugh and cry watching Pak TV Dramas and would fail to find common ground with some snooty avant-garde Israeli production..

Indians need to realize this and to some extent Pakistanis too
Speak for yourself and your own people, you do not speak for Pakistanis

Well, are we so tolerant that we cann't call the good people of Ganga... Ganguz...because it is supposed to hurt tender indian feelings or whatnotz... but good Indians can call us 'rats' ... on theoretically OurForum? @Reddington @SIPRA @Mentee @StormBreaker

Anyhow, it is what it is..
I absolutely agree with you. The abusive terns that our neighbours use against would fill a dictionary. It is high time we came up with a catchy, on piont name for those to east of us. Ganga, Gangu, Gangadeshi etc are perfect. We must demand the admins to let us use this term derived from the geography of our neigbours. I mean what is so wrong with praising the Holy Ganga ???

Indian immigrant beaten in Tiberias in apparent coronavirus-linked hate crime
Am-Shalem Singson, 28, of the Bnei Menashe community, attacked by two men who called him ‘Chinese’ and yelled ‘Corona! Corona!’
By TOI STAFFToday, 10:15 am 5

Am-Shalem Singson, 28, a member of the Bnei Menashe Jewish community who made aliya from Manipur, India, in 2017, is hospitalized after he was attacked on March 14, 2020, by two men. (Courtesy Shavei Israel)
  • 1,279shares

A member of the Bnei Menashe community was brutally beaten in an apparently racist attack in the northern city of Tiberias on Saturday.

Am-Shalem Singson, 28, who came to Israel from Manipur, India, in 2017, was taunted by two Israeli men who thought he was Chinese, the Shavei Israel organization said on Sunday.

The men, who have not been identified, called him “Chinese” and yelled “Corona! Corona,” a reference to the coronavirus pandemic that began in China’s Hubei province.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top storiesFREE SIGN UP

“I told both of the attackers that I was not even Chinese, but rather a Jew from the Bnei Menashe community, not that there is any justification for attacking a Chinese guy or anybody else,” he was quoted as saying in a statement from the organization.

“But they were totally crazed and kicked me hard while yelling, ‘Corona! Corona!’”

F171217DC010-640x400.jpg

The city of Tiberias on December 17, 2017. (David Cohen/Flash90)
A complaint was filed with police, who said they were attempting to locate the perpetrators.

Shavei Israel said Singson is now hospitalized at the Poriya hospital in Tiberas with “severe injuries to his chest and lungs.” He is listed in stable condition.

Singson immigrated to Israel with his mother, grandmother and brother and now lives in Tiberias and studies at a religious seminary in nearby Ma’alot.

“More than 10,000 people from China and East Asia work in Israel today,” the Racism Crisis Center of the Israel Religious Action Center said of the incident. “The [coronavirus] panic must not turn them into targets. In some previous epidemics, it was the Jews who were falsely accused of spreading the disease. Let’s learn that humane lesson.”

“Shavei Israel is stunned by the vicious and racist attack on Am-Shalem Singson yesterday in Tiberias,” its founder Michael Freund said in a statement. “The Bnei Menashe are our brothers and sisters and anyone who raises a hand against them must be brought to justice. I demand that action be taken, and I call on the police to investigate this incident immediately.”

Over 4,000 members of the Bnei Menashe community live in Israel, and some 6,500 remain in India awaiting aliya.
This is very bad.

Culprits should be punished.

I absolutely agree with you. The abusive terns that our neighbours use against would fill a dictionary. It is high time we came up with a catchy, on piont name for those to east of us. Ganga, Gangu, Gangadeshi etc are perfect. We must demand the admins to let us use this term derived from the geography of our neigbours. I mean what is so wrong with praising the Holy Ganga ???

We are going with Chindu, just for the record. Gangu is nice too.

We are going with Chindu, just for the record.
The world is yours ..

Gangu is nice too.
Bullseye. Sums up youir country in 4k. Majority of your country is pivoted on the Ganga Basin, as is most of your population, your history spins around it, your religion even pays extraodinary homage to Ganga. Marry that with your religion Hindu and you get 'Gangu'. Ganga-desh also is spot for the country.

Why is this even India-related? I thought migrants to Israel abrogated their prior nationality as they were Jews all along right? Isn't that what "aliya" is?

Why do Indians even give a damn?

Brohter mine,

I am an unashmed Indu... because I take full ownership of our 7000yrs History... which transformed into Pakistan. ...kinda IndusPakistan!!!!

The Idea of Pakistan is the Most Powerful Idea in the World!

It goes to your credit that you made Paks aware and proud of OurContinuousHeritage... still waiting for your return to good old form!

Now coming back to good people from Ganga...

According to their own beliefs, sacred books/vedas/rituals... Brahma brought the heavenly waters to the Earth..since it was such a powerful event that the new Earth would just drown in it...then Shiva absorbed the holy waters in his locks...and after he just squeezed one strand of his hair..out of which Ganga gushed out @SIPRA @Juggernaut_is_here

All sins for Indians are washed away after taking a dip in Ganga.
.. yet Indians are proud wear of the word given to them by the British...who enslaved....

You know that the cowboys push hot iron into the cattle rumps to make the sign of the ranch...called Branding... and the cattle shall wear it till its end... hide after being removed and processed...

It is an enigma why don't the Indians take full onwership of their holiest symbol and call themselves unashamedly Ganguz?

No Indian has ever bothered to answer it... instead they are happy to wear the brand on their foreheads...

In every single Pak regional language... anyone coming from Ganga would be called Gangu... like Pind and Paindu...

And if we ask the good Indians: Dagha rora? Dagha rora? They have no answer!

Ganga is created by Brahma and tamed by Shiva ... Shiva Lingum they worship everyday but Indians feel ashamed to take ownership Ganga!

Gangu
Gangunomics
Gangufication
Ganguismo
Ganguoing

These are NOT racist slurs but rather an honouring, recognition of the Indianness which springs from Ganga!

Anyhow, let us respect the rules of this forum and not use our regional languages for the description of good people of Ganga Civilisation...

French call Duistland Allemange
English call Duistland Germany
Romans/Italians call Duistland Germania

We have never heard Germas complain about it...or calling it a slur... Do you know that countries have different names in Chinese?

Whatever... Kabulistan is slowly becoming Afghanistan with the certain demise of Bazari Kabulis and their IndianMasters...

We need to prepare ourselves for Afghania reunification with Pakistan..without which we are not complete or safe... PTM biting the dust as well.. so let us leave these Indians to their feelings...

Some PakJews in Israel still speak Urdu and miss good old days of Pakistan!

Mangus

There is Ganga, Brahmaputra, Narmada and the south...also a huge expanse of North West..and on top of that headwaters of the Indus

Brohter mine,

I am an unashmed Indu... because I take full ownership of our 7000yrs History... which transformed into Pakistan. ...kinda IndusPakistan!!!!

The Idea of Pakistan is the Most Powerful Idea in the World!

It goes to your credit that you made Paks aware and proud of OurContinuousHeritage... still waiting for your return to good old form!

Now coming back to good people from Ganga...

According to their own beliefs, sacred books/vedas/rituals... Brahma brought the heavenly waters to the Earth..since it was such a powerful event that the new Earth would just drown in it...then Shiva absorbed the holy waters in his locks...and after he just squeezed one strand of his hair..out of which Ganga gushed out @SIPRA @Juggernaut_is_here

All sins for Indians are washed away after taking a dip in Ganga.
.. yet Indians are proud wear of the word given to them by the British...who enslaved....

You know that the cowboys push hot iron into the cattle rumps to make the sign of the ranch...called Branding... and the cattle shall wear it till its end... hide after being removed and processed...

It is an enigma why don't the Indians take full onwership of their holiest symbol and call themselves unashamedly Ganguz?

No Indian has ever bothered to answer it... instead they are happy to wear the brand on their foreheads...

In every single Pak regional language... anyone coming from Ganga would be called Gangu... like Pind and Paindu...

And if we ask the good Indians: Dagha rora? Dagha rora? They have no answer!

Ganga is created by Brahma and tamed by Shiva ... Shiva Lingum they worship everyday but Indians feel ashamed to take ownership Ganga!

Gangu
Gangunomics
Gangufication
Ganguismo
Ganguoing

These are NOT racist slurs but rather an honouring, recognition of the Indianness which springs from Ganga!

Anyhow, let us respect the rules of this forum and not use our regional languages for the description of good people of Ganga Civilisation...

French call Duistland Allemange
English call Duistland Germany
Romans/Italians call Duistland Germania

We have never heard Germas complain about it...or calling it a slur... Do you know that countries have different names in Chinese?

Whatever... Kabulistan is slowly becoming Afghanistan with the certain demise of Bazari Kabulis and their IndianMasters...

We need to prepare ourselves for Afghania reunification with Pakistan..without which we are not complete or safe... PTM biting the dust as well.. so let us leave these Indians to their feelings...

Some PakJews in Israel still speak Urdu and miss good old days of Pakistan!

Mangus

I think, they are afraid that the second "g" of Gangu may, at any time, be replaced with "d", by nasty Pakistani posters.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom