What's new

Indian / Hindi Cinema is a meritocracy. Religion / Nationality no bar.

John Doe

BANNED
Reaction score
Dont look for a link, these are just some of my random thoughts:-)

So I hear ( esp. on this forum) about how minorities are discriminated and demeaned on India. Well, without getting into the larger discussion, there is at least one field where only merit counts ( and maybe whether your last name is Kapoor!)

That field is the Hindi film industry. Take these examples that first pop to mind:

The movie 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan' has 4 main actors:
Imran Khan, Katrina, Ali Zafar and Tara D'Souza.
Easy question: How many Hindus do you spot in the above list? 0

Next question: How many Indians do you see in that list of 4 names: 1

Here is the sole Indian:

TARA D'SOUZA

MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN:

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Please dont ask me why the others are not Indian or Hindu, Google is your friend........

Next example:

There's a new movie that is all the rage amongst College kids here in India now, can someone tell me if this movie"Mujse Fraandship Karoge" has released in theaters in Pakistan too?

Who are the hero and heroine?

SABA AZAD:

SAQIB SALEEM:

And TARA D'Souza again.

Meritocracy my @ss. You got to be a star son/daughter/cousin/nephew/niece to get yourself launched. 1 out of 10 manages to make it big if you are not one of the above relations. Yes, the industry is religion-blind, but still values connections over other things.

You are quite right, of course about the Surname business. I even mentioned it too.

Dont look for a link, these are just some of my random thoughts:-)

So I hear ( esp. on this forum) about how minorities are discriminated and demeaned on India. Well, without getting into the larger discussion, there is at least one field where only merit counts ( and maybe whether your last name is Kapoor!)

That field is the Hindi film industry. Take these examples that first pop to mind:

The movie 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan' has 4 main actors:
Imran Khan, Katrina, Ali Zafar and Tara D'Souza.
Easy question: How many Hindus do you spot in the above list? 0

Next question: How many Indians do you see in that list of 4 names: 1

Here is the sole Indian:

TARA D'SOUZA

MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN:

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Please dont ask me why the others are not Indian or Hindu, Google is your friend........

Imran Khan is also Indian

What Bulshit??? India is land of opportunity (of east). What religion has to do here?? If you have talent you are hit in India. India have
1. Jew, parsi, Sikh, Hindu, cristian Military commanders
2. Muslim, parsi,sikh, cristian actors
3. Muslim, hindu, sikh, cristian leaders (PM, Prez, Ministers and so on)

Those who belive that evil yindoos do opression of other religion are living in denial.. If you have talent, India is the place... No matter which religion or region you belong...

So I hear ( esp. on this forum) about how minorities are discriminated and demeaned on India.

And what makes you think you need to explain this to them? (esp. on this forum)

Dude, you live in India same like me, you better know what we are! If some tom,dick and harry on some forum say some sh!t i don't even care cause i know what is the reality in my country!

And what makes you think you need to explain this to them? (esp. on this forum)

Dude, you live in India same like me, you better know what we are! If some tom,dick and harry on some forum say some sh!t i don't even care cause i know what is the reality in my country!

he is right . the ignorant shall believe what ever they wish . nothing we can do about it . don't bother. .

Back
Top Bottom