What's new

Indian gujarat slums “covered in white cloth” during the visit of Boris Johnson

where is the source, I can create a map, it doesn't prove a thing. This map is nonsensical , there is more homeless people in the US than in the UK, that is a fact but the map shows otherwise and the data is fabricated.

Indian made map

WTF EVEN AUSTRALIA HAS MORE HOMELESS THAN INDIA BASED ON THE MAP :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

The building looks good, the roads are narrow and should have service rds, and with parking areas.

Compare this with Bahria Town(it's a city) about 25 Kms from Karachi. Think it is about 20 sq.kms. in area.

5+1 shoulder lane, 11 lanes in total of the main boulevard.

Than 2+2 lanes of service rds. on either sides and with it Parking area designated(in Pink color).

The roads are service roads specifically meant to connect individual buildings, Bahria Town is a private township so the needs would be different. The main road at GIFT IFSC is 6 lanes and metro train will connect it within 2 years.

Afterall BTK is supposed to be a city within city and GIFT is supposed to be a Central Business District.

The roads are service roads specifically meant to connect individual buildings, Bahria Town is a private township so the needs would be different. The main road at GIFT IFSC is 6 lanes and metro train will connect it withinh 2 years.

Afterall BTK is supposed to be a city within city and GIFT is supposed to be a Central Business District.

Is this a govt venture or a public private project, the GIFT city.

Indian slums “covered in white cloth” during the visit of Boris Johnson​

21 hours ago
3 Min Read

Large white sheets appear to have been used to cover the slum dwellings along the route followed by Boris Johnson during his visit to Gujarat, India on Thursday.
Some videos and pictures posted on social media by local journalists appear to show white sheets covering the side of the road near Mahatma Gandhi’s former home in Ahmedabad, which was visited by the UK Prime Minister on the first day of his tour of India. .
Later that day other images showed the sheets coming down from their large metal frames, revealing once again the view of the slum backyard.
There is no official confirmation that the Gujarat government, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), made these arrangements for Mr Johnson’s visit, and state and city officials told the Independent. that they knew no plan obscures the view of the slums.

A video posted on the internet by filmmaker Vinod Kapri and reportedly recorded Thursday in Ahmedabad shows a white cloth blocking the roadside view as normal traffic continues in the busy city.
Addressing Mr Monti, who hails from Gujarat and has increasingly offered to the state as a stopover for foreign officials to visit in recent years, Capri wrote: “You have been Gujarat’s chief minister for 12 years. You have been the Prime Minister of the country @narendramodi for 8 years. However, what are you ashamed to show to @BorisJohnson? ”
A later video, released Thursday night by a journalist named Umashankar Singh of the NDTV news channel, showed the white sheets coming down from their scaffolding, revealing shacks and parked scooters in the back.
“The curtains are gone as Johnson leaves,” he wrote on Twitter on Thursday after the prime minister left for Delhi for talks with Monti on Friday.

Johnson had landed in the western Indian state of Gujarat at 10.30am. local time on Thursday and was received by Prime Minister Bupendra Patel. His itinerary in Ahmedabad included a visit to the famous Sabarmati Ashram, the old home of Mahatma Gandhi, where he posed sitting with Gaddy’s famous Charkha (spinning wheel).
In his opening remarks to Mr Monti during his reception ceremony in Delhi on Friday morning, Mr Johnson commented on how much he had enjoyed the ‘fantastic welcome’ in Gujarat and said he would not necessarily take it τού everywhere in the world. “.
Mr Johnson’s visit to India came amid calls for him to return to his homeland after being fined by police for violating his own Covid lockdown rules.
This is not the first time that measures have been taken to block the view of slums during a foreign official’s visit to Ahmedabad. When then-US President Donald Trump visited Gujarat in early 2020 for a stadium event with Monti called the “Namaste Trump” rally, the Ahmedabad municipal company built a 4-meter-high wall to hide a section of slums along the way. of the American leader. the city.

Johnson’s own visit to India was already embroiled in controversy after he visited a JCB factory, a day after the same company’s equipment was used to demolish mostly poor Muslim homes in the Jahangirpur area of North Delhi. incidents of religious violence over the weekend.

at evening when they removing clothes

Khan saheb,
The beautiful river front you see on the both side of river running 16 km with 11.5 km walkway was a slum 2 decade ago. Slums have rapidly reduced and has gone in many areas. However, where construction is going there on large scale will have temporary construction. They are not permanent slums. Slums are reduced to a fraction of what they were earlier.

Attachments

• images - 2022-04-24T135646.607.jpeg
    images - 2022-04-24T135646.607.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 19
  • images - 2022-04-24T135629.902.jpeg
    images - 2022-04-24T135629.902.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 24
  • images - 2022-04-24T135546.620.jpeg
    images - 2022-04-24T135546.620.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 20
  • images - 2022-04-24T135528.736.jpeg
    images - 2022-04-24T135528.736.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 25
  • images - 2022-04-24T135507.843.jpeg
    images - 2022-04-24T135507.843.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 22
  • images - 2022-04-24T135412.134.jpeg
    images - 2022-04-24T135412.134.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 25
  • images - 2022-04-24T135437.283.jpeg
    images - 2022-04-24T135437.283.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 26
Jakarta is sinking fast only in coastal region with high density of population. This is due to under ground water extraction

Yes.

but it is not something unpreventable since the solution is pipe water system and currently we dont have enough of them. But effort to address the issue is already made and we are not lack of the water source AlhamduliLLAH. Any way, Tokyo, has the same problem before and now they have solved the problem.

Good that you don't lack water source but instead of looking at Tokyo as example to adopt you should look at the pre-2011 Libyan Jamahiriya which had constructed the biggest irrigation system in the world called Great Man-Made River project, thousands of kilometers of big diameter concrete pipelines crisscrossing the country and delivering water sourced from natural aquifers under the desert sands whose waters are thousands of years old.

Your source saying our Jakarta underground water is polluted is big lies. Who wrote it ? Indian or Westerner journalist ????

I live in Jakarta and use underground water since pipe water doesnt have strong pressure in my place here. No problem what so ever with the water, it is clean and healthy.

NPR is an American government agency I think. National Public Radio. And maybe the pollution in underground water depends on the area because I don't think Jakarta is sitting on a single huge aquifer.

The reason we move capital city to Kalimantan island is not because of Jakarta sinking problem, but more to balance development between Java and Non Java and provide unity among Indonesians as it is actually the center of Indonesia if we see the geographic location. Jakarta will remains to be business center of Indonesia inshaAllah, similar position like New York to USA

Just think with logic, if we want to move our business center from Jakarta, it should not be in Kalimantan island, which is in majority is still jungle, it should be in Patimban, West Java, where it is close to main industry. West Java also less populated where the strategic location near coast line is also less populated and many new modern cities is currently being developed there ( and planned to be developed due to its strategic position )

OK. And that is why I said Indonesia is setting up a new administrative capital.

The roads are service roads specifically meant to connect individual buildings, Bahria Town is a private township so the needs would be different. The main road at GIFT IFSC is 6 lanes and metro train will connect it within 2 years.

Ah, metro train - the ridiculous modern Indian solution for public transport that adds to the already chaotic Indian intra-city transportation system. In India instead of simplifying things and making the city serene by banning personal cars and two-wheelers and making public transportation available only through buses and taxis the unscientific planners of chaotic and accident-prone Indian cities inserted the unscientific metro trains and added those ugly flyovers with each flyover adding maybe 10,000 new cars and 30,000 new two-wheelers.

Khan saheb,
The beautiful river front you see on the both side of river running 16 km with 11.5 km walkway was a slum 2 decade ago. Slums have rapidly reduced and has gone in many areas. However, where construction is going there on large scale will have temporary construction. They are not permanent slums. Slums are reduced to a fraction of what they were earlier.

What did you do with the people living in those slums ?

Last edited:
Yes.

Good that you don't lack water source but instead of looking at Tokyo as example to adopt you should look at the pre-2011 Libyan Jamahiriya which had constructed the biggest irrigation system in the world called Great Man-Made River project, thousands of kilometers of big diameter concrete pipelines crisscrossing the country and delivering water sourced from natural aquifers under the desert sands whose waters are thousands of years old.

NPR is an American government agency I think. National Public Radio. And maybe the pollution in underground water depends on the area because I don't think Jakarta is setting on a single huge aquifer.

OK. And that is why I said Indonesia is setting up a new administrative capital.

Ah, metro train - the ridiculous modern Indian solution for public transport that adds to the already chaotic Indian intra-city transportation system. In India instead of simplifying things and making the city serene by banning personal cars and two-wheelers and making public transportation available only through buses and taxis the unscientific planners of chaotic and accident-prone Indian cities inserted the unscientific metro trains and added those ugly flyovers with each flyover adding maybe 10,000 new cars and 30,000 new two-wheelers.

What did you do with the people living in those slums ?

They were provided pucca houses.

NPR is an American government agency I think. National Public Radio. And maybe the pollution in underground water depends on the area because I don't think Jakarta is setting on a single huge aquifer.

It is no secret some non Indonesian journalist has some ill intention on Indonesia. Just see even Muslim outlet like AlJazeera English report on Indonesia, you can Google it and all of news they made is negative and lack of deep. Not surprising as Indonesian model is danger for many non democratic Arab countries.

Depending on the areas of what ? As non Jakartan you cannot make such opinion. I have families living around Jakarta.

Even I have worked for some years in North Jakarta, the most populated areas where some industries still exist

Other region in Jakarta is relatively green and the industry is not located in Jakarta, but in West Java. Industry in West Java is modern one with waste management system and old industry like textile that indeed can pollute if not regulated also has waste management system.

Jakarta economy is mainly driven by service/ central government birocrate and the location of Head Quarters of many industries across Indonesia.

South Jakarta

Central Jakarta

West Jakarta

East Jakarta

Last edited:
this is how you will live if let hindutva occupy you. you be in the slums with no toilet, no beef, everyday you wakeup to be forced to jai ram. Also have your daughters violated and your sons murdered so there be no future resistance.

keep hindutva in check, buy heavy machine gun, get into groups.

Standard practice in a third world shithole like India. They did the same when trump visited. Massive inferiority complex.

dude. did u just call poor people trash?
That's exactly why India will remain a third world shithole.

They were provided pucca houses.

Pictures please.

It is no secret some non Indonesian journalist has some ill intention on Indonesia. Just see even Muslim outlet like AlJazeera English report on Indonesia, you can Google it and all of news they made is negative and lack of deep. Not surprising as Indonesian model is danger for many non democratic Arab countries.

Quite possible.

Depending on the areas of what ? As non Jakartan you cannot make such opinion. I have families living around Jakarta.

Even I don't live in many parts of India but I know that in many Indian villages the ground water is being pumped deeper to such an extent that harmful chemicals like fluoride, arsenic and uranium is being pumped up and causing cancers and bone diseases.

East Jakarta

Nice riverfront park.

Pictures please.

Quite possible.

Even I don't live in many parts of India but I know that in many Indian villages the ground water is being pumped deeper to such an extent that harmful chemicals like fluoride, arsenic and uranium is being pumped up and causing cancers and bone diseases.

Nice riverfront park.

Check yourself. I am not a facilitator of a commie.

Khan saheb,

Wow, thats amazing....
Americans and Europeans must be flocking to immigrate to India.... !

Back
Top Bottom