What's new

Indian govt. responsible for 30-year war in Sri Lanka - SL Defence Sec.

Whole world acknowledge it that India has been involved in terrorism activities in its neighbour states. Srilanka, China, Nepal, Pakistan are its victim. even now indian govt's sitting home and foreign minister also says that Hindu terrorists has been involved in such terrorism activities.. if still endians deny it. it will be just bull ****.

:-) If you treat them well, Why they had supported LTTE in the first place.... Actions of LTTE <> requirements of the people... LTTE became too greedy... And they met their fate. Srilanka did NOT treat the Tamils well, so they took the arms... So goes in vicious circles!

Why some Muslims in India support Jihadists? Does that mean India do not treat Muslims well?

I see a bit of chest thumping here... Anyways I choose NOT to comment on that!

When we speak of Sinhalese it is racist but when Tamils speak of themselves it is ok. What kind a hypocrisy it that?

Nope that was your imagination... Everything starting with the marginalization of Tamils! For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction.

How did we marginalized Tamils? elaborate.

Nope that does NOT resemble??

Why not? Sinhalese are a mix of other ethnicities just like Americans. And Tamils are like African Americans only Tamils were not brought here as slaves. Also Unlike African Americans Tamils did not connected with the main ethnic group.

So you mean to say that you will continue to push the Tamils to learn Singala and you will NOT learn Tamil...

In Sri Lanka no one is pushing any one to learn any thing. It is a personal choice.

FYI In US also they take Spanish as secondary language.... If they buy any computer Products then they can get Spanish language support....

It is Mahindra Rajapakse's comments... NOT mine... If you cannot learn Tamil, Then you have NO right to ask the Tamils to learn your Sinagla language.

Who ever said it according to you it will be pushing some foreign language on to others. Why you support it then? Why Tamils should not learn Sinhala?

No one is ashamed of it... but everything should bilateral... Tamils will learn Sinhalese, But are you ready to learn Tamil? That is my sole question!

Everything should be bilateral? Then even our language has to change to some new bilateral language. What good will do to Sri Lanka when every thing is bilateral. Every problem will be solved when a Tamilian see a Sinhalese speak Tamil?

The real notion behind this learn Tamil IMO is that your ego to submit Sinhalese to bow down. I do not thing any good will come out from that.

There are better ways to solve the ethnic issue rather than be bilateral to everything.

They lived together for centuries... If you ask them to vacate immediately where will they go? Suppose if you live in a place, and if your government asks you vacate that they found Gold or pertol right under place you lived for 1000 years without giving anything, Will it be fair?

There homes. Where else they go! They left there homes for British and they should left there working place for Sinhalese. If sending those Tamils away from SL is bad, isn't it equally bad to leave their native homes to work in some foreign land because their colonial master said so?

Nothing is fair in this world. In SL anyone has to play by the SL government rules.

It is neither Indian or SL decision, such a thing never happened... So no point it discussing in that.

No No answer my query. Don't slip away.

Look, I treated you with respect till now, You yourself didn't knew about these Vellarar Tamil community and Gibbs was giving you updates... If that being the case, you should NOT have attacked me personally.

Gibbs do not know history I have ask him to give a credible source to back his claims but he didn't yield one yet. I can give you countless sources to back my theories.

PS. I do intend to attacked you. Sorry if you felt that way. Let's continue this discussion like friends. :angel:

Why not? Sinhalese are a mix of other ethnicities just like Americans. And Tamils are like African Americans only Tamils were not brought here as slaves. Also Unlike African Americans Tamils did not connected with the main ethnic group.

shows your hatred and intolerance towards tamils....:wave:

Well nothing new as india has got a long history of supporting terrorism against its neighbours. I guess indians won't be able to portray themselves as a holy cow anymore.

Terrorism is two way sword so don't expect yourself to be left unscathed.

I find it amazing that people of Indian origin were discriminated and harassed in many countries around the world. Yet India ignored their plight and involved itself in the issue of Tamils in Sri Lanka. Was it simply a case of convenient bullying? I would say so. Hopefully India learnt well from the murder of its PM Rajiv Gandhi to keep its nose out of other nation's domestic squabbles

Under Indian strategic thinking.

Indian Ocean is outer perimeter of our security architecture.

Naturally, India got involved in Seychelles, Maldives and Lanka.

Major trigger to trouble Sri Lanka, was widespread rumors of Sri Lanka hosting a US naval base in 1970s.

When Indo-US relations were at the worst time.

Not surprising, India retaliated by supporting LTTE.

Tamils need to be supported. India should use its influence to ensure that the Tamils get their rights as citizens of SL.

Whats wrong in supporting the just rights of Tamils?

it is the Sinhalese which should be ashamed of themselves of not treating their own countrymen better.

shows your hatred and intolerance towards tamils....:wave:

It shows your bigotness.....

Tamils need to be supported. India should use its influence to ensure that the Tamils get their rights as citizens of SL.

Whats wrong in supporting the just rights of Tamils?

it is the Sinhalese which should be ashamed of themselves of not treating their own countrymen better.

OK tell me what are you expect from Sinhalese

OK tell me what are you expect from Sinhalese

Its simple really.....and anyone with common sense would know it instinctively.

1. Respect Indian interests in the neighbourhood
2. Equal rights to ethinic Indians in Sri Lanka. (which is part of point 1)

Why some Muslims in India support Jihadists? Does that mean India do not treat Muslims well?

A Kind of yes & No, If you see a movie Redention and 'The Kingdom', I don't have first hand account, but based on the reading... It seems it is very easy to brainwash the Muslim youths by making them feel that Jihad is the way to reach god soon and some mullahs claiming that they will get 72 virgins in heaven after they die of Jihad and showing them videos of how the Muslims were oppressed by the west, Israel, India and else where!

There was a Pakistani guy Faisal Shahzad aged 30, educated, married and have a kid, settled in US... tried to bomb Times Square.... Let alone the uneducated youth stricken with poverty.

Also the incidents like 1992 Babri Masjid destruction and Godra riots in 2002 happened in India... And there are still many fools in RSS and Shiva Sena, Who would like to make India a Hindu state and add fuel.

Saffron terrorism which our Pakistani friends speak so enthusiastically... BJP supported it... It gave them the power... Anyone will do it... If it gives the government to them!

When we speak of Sinhalese it is racist but when Tamils speak of themselves it is ok. What kind a hypocrisy it that?

No Buddy... Your words were like Singalese are everything... Tamils should behave like slaves... May be I felt that way.. So I stopped.

How did we marginalized Tamils? elaborate.

Sinhala Only Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBC News - Sri Lanka profile - Timeline

Interesting that the above article notes that Tamils got settled in 3rd Century BC.....!

The British gave freedom to all citizens of SL, NOT just for the Sinhalese.... Between the Tamils held high positions in British rule rather the Americans were marginalized for many centuries after America got independence!

In Sri Lanka no one is pushing any one to learn any thing. It is a personal choice.

Was it the case in 1950's and 1960's, Can a person who don't know Singala can get a government job?

Who ever said it according to you it will be pushing some foreign language on to others. Why you support it then? Why Tamils should not learn Sinhala?

Buddy the thing is simple, If you think Tamil is a foreign language to you and you will NOT learn then why push Tamils to learn your language? So you mean to say that we are arrogant that we are majority?

Everything should be bilateral? Then even our language has to change to some new bilateral language. What good will do to Sri Lanka when every thing is bilateral. Every problem will be solved when a Tamilian see a Sinhalese speak Tamil?

Trust me you are arrogant like the Hindi speaking people of India... When they come south they expect everyone to speak Hindi... Which is NOT at all correct... Let me ask the same question in different way, What is Sri Lanka going to lose if All Singalese learn Tamil and All Tamils learn Singala! And everyone is bilingual? The Language was the first barrier which separated the SL citizens... If this was NOT there, then may be there would NOT have 30 year long blood shed in SL!

The real notion behind this learn Tamil IMO is that your ego to submit Sinhalese to bow down. I do not thing any good will come out from that.

The Tamils also can think like that right?

The real notion behind that All Tamils should learn Singala and We will NOT learn Tamil is your ego that we are majority in numbers.... If this has happened in 1950's I see people would have mingled and SL would NOT have passed Singala only act.... Which in turn avoided the civil war and lot of lives saved.... If you learn Spanish or French... It does NOT mean that you are bowing before the Spainiards or the French... It is your ego which prevents you.... Not the other way around!

There are better ways to solve the ethnic issue rather than be bilateral to everything.

If you are living together then you should have a way to communicate....

(i) Either all SL learn Tamil - NOT a possible solution and it is stupidity.
(ii) All learn both Sinala and Tamil - Best Possible solution.
(iii) Use a third language like English - Best solution which India adopted along with Hindi.. Which worked!
(iv) Force minorities to learn Singala - That is NOT their preferred solution!

There homes. Where else they go! They left there homes for British and they should left there working place for Sinhalese. If sending those Tamils away from SL is bad, isn't it equally bad to leave their native homes to work in some foreign land because their colonial master said so?

:-) Easy question.... but they had NO choice then... Seems that they were treated sub-human then, So they should be treated the same way now also?

Nothing is fair in this world. In SL anyone has to play by the SL government rules.

:-) It is the basic human nature to revolt if things goes against them... Then they will strike back... Which I hope they did very violently, It could have been avoided if the planners did a good job.

No No answer my query. Don't slip away.

I am NOT slipping away... I cannot answer for your thoughts which did NOT happen, I thought India missed the opportunity to annex Nepal, SL, Bhutan in 1948.... If such a thing happened then India would have been in a stronger position now! Can to explain why Indian fools like Nehru or Sardar Patel did NOT get that thought? My question is very weird right?

Gibbs do not know history I have ask him to give a credible source to back his claims but he didn't yield one yet. I can give you countless sources to back my theories.

PS. I do intend to attacked you. Sorry if you felt that way. Let's continue this discussion like friends. :angel:

Indeed he is right, See the BBC Timeline article!!!!

I appreciate your friendly tone!

Under Indian strategic thinking.

Indian Ocean is outer perimeter of our security architecture.

Naturally, India got involved in Seychelles, Maldives and Lanka.

Major trigger to trouble Sri Lanka, was widespread rumors of Sri Lanka hosting a US naval base in 1970s.

When Indo-US relations were at the worst time.

Not surprising, India retaliated by supporting LTTE.

A biggest blunder for having supported terrorism, Anyways lessons learnt.... But still they should NOT have refueled Pakistani Ships and Aircraft's... India should have sent its fighters and destroyed the Pakistani ships and Aircraft then!

Well nothing new as india has got a long history of supporting terrorism against its neighbours. I guess indians won't be able to portray themselves as a holy cow anymore.

Terrorism is two way sword so don't expect yourself to be left unscathed.

Does this law applicable to Pakistan as well? Kindly advice!!

Whole world acknowledge it that India has been involved in terrorism activities in its neighbour states. Srilanka, China, Nepal, Pakistan are its victim. even now indian govt's sitting home and foreign minister also says that Hindu terrorists has been involved in such terrorism activities.. if still endians deny it. it will be just bull ****.

Is it another conspiracy theory?

A biggest blunder for having supported terrorism, Anyways lessons learnt.... But still they should NOT have refueled Pakistani Ships and Aircraft's... India should have sent its fighters and destroyed the Pakistani ships and Aircraft then!

Does this law applicable to Pakistan as well? Kindly advice!!

Is it another conspiracy theory?

yes for indians it could be... but do you want to deny indian role in supporting terrorism in east Pakistan ? Srilanka ?

I think you misunderstood what I asked. I will ask again "Just because some Muslims support jihadists in India does that mean Indian state do not treat Muslims well?"

Interesting that the above article notes that Tamils got settled in 3rd Century BC.....!

Yes that should have probably happened.

The British gave freedom to all citizens of SL, NOT just for the Sinhalese.... Between the Tamils held high positions in British rule rather the Americans were marginalized for many centuries after America got independence!

That is the main cause for the Tamil issue. Tamils were enjoying vast privileges during colonial era rather than the majority Sinhalese. Actually it is not Tamils fault but Britons. However when SL was about to be granted Independence, Tamil leaders new they were going to get kicked once the majority start free voting. Therefore they came up with this idea of creating a separate land for themselves.

Was it the case in 1950's and 1960's, Can a person who don't know Singala can get a government job?

The intention was good in the Sinhala only act. But it was the way that it was used created all the problems. However most of the major issues with the act were iron out way before any Tamil militant group took up arms.

Buddy the thing is simple, If you think Tamil is a foreign language to you and you will NOT learn then why push Tamils to learn your language? So you mean to say that we are arrogant that we are majority?

Trust me you are arrogant like the Hindi speaking people of India... When they come south they expect everyone to speak Hindi... Which is NOT at all correct... Let me ask the same question in different way, What is Sri Lanka going to lose if All Singalese learn Tamil and All Tamils learn Singala! And everyone is bilingual? The Language was the first barrier which separated the SL citizens... If this was NOT there, then may be there would NOT have 30 year long blood shed in SL!

Well here's my answer. Let's assume all Sinhalese has mastered Tamil. Now let's take a typical Sinhalese villager who lives in deep south where there are no tamil population. How on earth that local villager use Tamil language to communicate if there are no Tamils to speak to?

Let's take a Tamilians situation. There are only 15% Tamils living in SL and SL does not have regional hub cities. We only have one major city which is Colombo. So if a Tamil who lives in North wish to come to Colombo would be fared much better if we has learnt Sinhalese.

Learning the majority's language always helps the minority.

(iii) Use a third language like English - Best solution which India adopted along with Hindi.. Which worked!

Agreed.

:-) Easy question.... but they had NO choice then... Seems that they were treated sub-human then, So they should be treated the same way now also?

If they were treated sub human and they couldn't do anything about is India's problem not SLs. We cannot take India's burdens. But remember we kept the half of them here losing some weight on India.

SL has priorities too we cannot just let them go down the drain just because of Britons and their coolies.

:-) It is the basic human nature to revolt if things goes against them... Then they will strike back... Which I hope they did very violently, It could have been avoided if the planners did a good job.

Then we will counter react. History will repeat it self.

Can to explain why Indian fools like Nehru or Sardar Patel did NOT get that thought? My question is very weird right?

How should I know. Yes it is weird.

Indeed he is right, See the BBC Timeline article!!!!

"The BBC article" is the best you could come up with. It doesn't even say what happened during 2000 + time period from 3rd century BC to 1505. It is a Crappy article for promotion of Eelam ideology.

If you quote BBC then I will quote Onion news.

Its simple really.....and anyone with common sense would know it instinctively.
2. Equal rights to ethinic Indians in Sri Lanka. (which is part of point 1)

Then why don't India take them back before they are kicked out.

I think you misunderstood what I asked. I will ask again Just because some Muslims support jihadists in India does that mean Indian state do not treat Muslims well

You denied Citizenship to Tamil !!!!!, Well even Bad treatment we can tolerate but it was total disaster.

well , we don't support any kind of violence though rights for Tamil people shouldn't get neglected .

to show our support to against violence we send our troops , we lost 1400 Indian troops for srilankans.

The brunt of the war is over and now Sri Lanka is peaceful after paying huge costs. Inspirational for us, a country at war at present against a formidable enemy

Back
Top Bottom