What's new

Indian govt claims India is 100,000 years old, while humans first settled in India 35,000 years later.

Considering the Mauryan Empire was founded in Punjab and was developed in Taxila around the Indus Valley, it seems strange that all Indians claim this as their legacy.

Like Romania claiming to be succesors of the Roman Empire

Not even mentioning the fact that future kingdoms had far greater cultural and archelogical significance.
It was based in Magadh/Bihar. The logic of partition didn't exist until 20th century. I have no problem with others claiming it, but they should know who is who. Pataliputra and Nalanda are related to my ancestry and we are Bihari and Hindustani.

It was based in Magadh/Bihar. The logic of partition didn't exist until 20th century. I have no problem with others claiming it, but they should know who is who. Pataliputra and Nalanda are related to my ancestry and we are Bihari and Hindustani.

...and the British Raj was based in Delhi, that doesnt make the Britain the ancestry of Delhi

No one is more Hindustani than Maurya and Ayodhya. Delhi sultanate and Mughal were also Hindustani empires.

Then why do Indians ignore the Delhi sultanate and Mughals who left a greater cultural legacy and even held more territory, wouldnt it make more sense to claim those are the ancestors of India since they had a larger impact on modern day India

Then why do Indians ignore the Delhi sultanate and Mughals who left a greater cultural legacy and even held more territory, wouldnt it make more sense to claim those are the ancestors of India since they had a larger impact on modern day India
Bharatis have a problem. They are not original Indian and have a bizarre ideological view of India comparable to many Pakistanis. They have appropriated Indian identity. I am not Bharati. Those empires were quintessential Hindustani. Delhi and Mughal empires belonged to no other foreign state which is obvious. Delhi sultanate liberated Lahore and Multan from Mongol occupation. Mughal Empire almost covered the area of Maurya, so it wasn't the first nor the biggest Hindustani empire.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom