What's new

Indian fury over Australia swimwear images

Status
Not open for further replies.
man created religions,
Religions created gods.
Then men believe that god created them.

islamic way?? was tearing down babri mosque islamist way??, was butchering muslims islamic way??:disagree::disagree:

if you are going modern, are you going western or american way??

no flying planes in sky scrapers is one way

the front side isnt offensive at all. but i can see how the image of a goddess on the butt will offend some people.

Hollywood took a Chinese God (Guan Di) and turned him into a monster for a "horror movie". Note that this is one of the most popular and beloved Gods, in all of Chinese folklore.

production17.jpg

It was a pretty funny movie though. Created by Bruce Campbell, famous for the "Evil dead" movie trilogy.

Though to be fair, Chinese people are generally a lot less "religious" than Indian people are.

the front side isnt offensive at all. but i can see how the image of a goddess on the butt will offend some people.

It is ok to protest. However, there is no need to make threat.

BTW, even you protest, whoever wearing it is not violating any australian laws and nobody in australia will do anything about it. So it is better to get over it.

This isnt the first time our flag has been burned in India lol

BTW, can you put Buddha on swimsuit? I bet you can. Will Buddhists burn flags like this? I doubt so.

BTW, can you put Buddha on swimsuit? I bet you can. Will Buddhists burn flags like this? I doubt so.

They already put Buddha on a swimsuit, a while ago.

In fact, they even did this:

images1.jpg

No flags were burned though.

A: Who cares if she is Indian/Aussie or both she is cute.

B: If some thing pisses off the morons in Shiv Sena im all for it.

One question my knowledge of Hindu gods/godesses is a little shaky but if Lakshimi is the embodiment of beauty, grace, charm and fertility amongst other atributes where better for her image than the body of a beautiful woman?

These people should be called paid goons rather than calling them Hindus in this context. One can see those photos from news papers where its only 10-15 people participating in the freak show rather than massive processions involving 100's or 1000's of people.

BTW, even you protest, whoever wearing it is not violating any australian laws and nobody in australia will do anything about it. So it is better to get over it.

Yeah too bad the designer decided to never sell these swim wears and has apologized to the Hindu community.

Ms. Burke’s label was quick to announce a halt in production, vowing that the Lakshmi swimsuit would never make it to stores.

“The image of Goddess Lakshmi will not appear on any piece of Lisa Blue swimwear for the new season, with a halt put on all production of the new range and pieces shown on the runway from last week removed. This range will never be available for sale in any stockists or retail outlets anywhere in the world, ” said a statement posted on the Lisa Blue Web site Saturday.

“We apologize to the Hindu community and take this matter very seriously,” it said.

Lisa Blue's Hindu Goddess Swimsuit Sparks Outrage - India Real Time - WSJ

BTW I fail to understand how putting images of something on a normal swim wear makes it designer/creative.

the article in the opening post did not mention any threats. there were protests and petitions were filed in the courts.

i am not aware about any threats to anyone so far about this.

this isnt a new situation. there have been cases before when images of gods were put on supposedly offensive places like slippers and underwear. that time too there were some protests and the company in question apologised and withdrew the line.

The Allahabad High Court has issued notices to the Hindustan Times group for publishing the photos that show female models wearing the swimwear.
Last week one of those petitioning the court wrote a letter complaining about the publication of the photos in newspapers.

The letter demanded action against the publisher of the newspaper and Ms Blue.

Lawyers have argued that the newspapers should not have published such offending photos and the Indian government should urge the Australian government to take action against Ms Blue.

another point to observe is that the petitons are also against publishing the images of the swimwear in indian newspapers.

i think the designer knew what she was doing. She knew it would be offensive. But she decided to go ahead because she wants publicity.

this is not the first time this incident has happened. I think they are doing it purpose fully and they are laughing at India's religion and culture.

Thailand Blasts Victoria’s Secret for New Buddha Swimsuit

Protests by Vietnamese Stymie Sales of Victoria

Victoria's Secret Apologizes for Use of Buddhist Images on Swimwear (International)

The Sunday Leader Online - Issues

I am not advocating burning of flags, but religious sensitivities should be taken into account. There is a threshold for every religion that you don't cross, this one being for Hindus. No Hindu protests when they make fun of Hindu Gods in Simpsons or South Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom