What's new

Indian fury over Australia swimwear images

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how you can conveniently brand them as stupid.

The second pic of Goddess Lakshmi definitely will hurt some sentiments and they are just using their constitutionally mandated Right to Protest at some thing they find offensive or hurting.

Good thing is - they did not burn the Bible or indulge in violence.

No I wasn't calling them stupid, I was calling the situation of burning the flag stupid.
And yes I understand the sentiments but flag burning... really?

So they should of "done" a australian women hmmm?

if its about religion then the aussie flag shouldnt of been burned the australian flag symbol of a country , the deity a symbol of religion NOT country

Nothing was done with the indian flag in australia.

Note: its just some how acceptable to have a countrys flag on underwear but not a deity.

So then the question is were these people religiously motivated or country wise motivated hmm..

i don't want to use the appropriate word to replace "done" in this forum....

the design was made by some under educated,fit for nothing designer. And she is a aussie....

protestors didn't want to burn christian books or jesus images because christianity does not represent australia,and a australian flag represents australia ...so they burnt it down to protest...

some australians are going sick,you guys better teach you young kids to respect other religions and tolerant towards other race

No I wasn't calling them stupid, I was calling the situation of burning the flag stupid.
And yes I understand the sentiments but flag burning... really?

Indians are emotional when it comes to religion and burning a flag is an acceptable form of protest according to the constitution.

I think every religion must be given respect, steps should be taken to avoid any such instances in future.

Apart from that it justifies that if anyone tries to make fun of other people's religion / belief, reaction is totally natural.

by not burning jesus or bible the protestors made clear that they respect other religion which there aussies lack a lot.....

A aussie flag should be printed on underwear's and sold world wide
they australians won't change their attitude so easily

Too much loud noise over nothing.
It is not as if somebody wanted to offend you or there was any racial undertone.
Hindus are looking more and more like muslims without beard. Too sad.

Too much loud noise over nothing.
It is not as if somebody wanted to offend you or there was any racial undertone.
Hindus are looking more and more like muslims without beard. Too sad.

if that swimwear issue is nothing for you ,which 1 billon people respect,then burning of a flag of less than 100million is nothing

so now you can shut up and stfu

The question remains whether man is one of God's blunders or whether God is one of man's blunders. Incidences like these keeps that question open.

Burning of flags is a form of peaceful protest. I would rather have those Hindu parties protest, file a petition in court and burn the Indian or Oz or any other flag then have them bomb a few places in Oz or send in a few thousand Indian soldiers to occupy Oz and claim that these bikinis are weapons of mass destruction.

As for the bikinis, they are cool and shouldn't have been banned. I admire the Chinese posters attitude on this thread. Basically I agree with them..so what's the big deal. In the Hindu Bhagvad Gita our Lord says "ignore the rituals and the illusion of your existence and take notice of My mesage". Imprinting an image of a Hindu deity on a bikini is a ritual for profit. Ignore it and move on. Or else protest the way the Hindus have done in India and be admired for your civilised manner of doing things

if that swimwear issue is nothing for you ,which 1 billon people respect,then burning of a flag of less than 100million is nothing

so now you can shut up and stfu

Nothing wrong with burning flag.
As long as it is peaceful.
I am bothered about allahbad high court taking notice of it.
Dont you think courts have better things to do than follow australian fashion.

This world is becoming too precious. People are being killed over the printing of religious figures. Its crazy, life isnt that cheap.
This design was not designed to incite violence, it was probably suppose to be an edgy look with a cool looking picture.
This is the kind of stuff that happens in a free society. And I bet the designed had no idea there would be a backlash by Indians. You may not like it but what are you going to do ban it? It willy nilly bans were common place art would be dead in the water. Just because you find something offensive doesnt means the whole population does.
I dont get why this has been posted on a military forum.

This world is becoming too precious. People are being killed over the printing of religious figures. Its crazy, life isnt that cheap.
This design was not designed to incite violence, it was probably suppose to be an edgy look with a cool looking picture.
This is the kind of stuff that happens in a free society. And I bet the designed had no idea there would be a backlash by Indians. You may not like it but what are you going to do ban it? It willy nilly bans were common place art would be dead in the water. Just because you find something offensive doesnt means the whole population does.

Pretty much agree with everything you say, however if they feel offended they're allowed to protest peacefully. Flag-burning (as medieval as it may seem) is an accepted form of peaceful protest in India. Nothing can be done about it. These fundamentalists are but a minority, they don't represent the public. As for the bolded part, this forum follows a different trend, stick around and you'll see. :)

Webmaster is ok to post these kind of threads in World affairs section? Because it has nothing to do with it, I believe.

Before I get banned for posting a similar one in future.

There is nothing wronf with the pictures on dresses as long as they are not on butt , groin or feet area. That is offensive but i agree the whole flag burning thing is over reacting .

P.S - The chick is hot and the first picture is beautiful . I ant see what is so wrong with it , bring her here please i need to take a closer look .:)

A aussie flag should be printed on underwear's and sold world wide they australians won't change their attitude so easily

You are over reacting, the designer didn't realize about the sensitivities, she apologized and cancelled those swim wear, that should be the end of it. Its a one off incident anyways.

Also the bikinis with Australian flag exists! Aussies are OK with that. Am not going to post the pictures for it here, but do a google search and you ll find it.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom