What's new

Indian Forces Get Non-Lethal But Effective Weapons To Tackle Chinese Troops | Exclusive

India will avoid using weapons that would escalate the conflict. It is not in India's strategic interest to accelerate China's ambitions.
Weapons are necessary when you start losing so many soldiers, unless you say, the lives are not important. Usage of weapons sometimes stop the bloodshed. It is also required when you lose a Colonel rank CO, and your majors/ captains are injured.

I saw a few pics where Chinese are collecting Indian weapons that your soldiers left behind. I see it as cowardice, not on the part of your soldiers, but your political leadership that made them look coward in front of the entire world. You guys were in equal numbers, could have fought, but the political decision wasn't clear.

Regarding Chinese ambitions, it's just a matter of time. They will take the land by force, or by political maneuvering. There's a significant area India has lost to China in the last couple of years, whether your political leadership accepts it or not. It is your choice to give away land in small pieces, or fight for what you believe is yours bravely.

Anyway, it's up to you to decide as a nation.

Weapons are necessary when you start losing so many soldiers, unless you say, the lives are not important. Usage of weapons sometimes stop the bloodshed. It is also required when you lose a Colonel rank CO, and your majors/ captains are injured.

I saw a few pics where Chinese are collecting Indian weapons that your soldiers left behind. I see it as cowardice, not on the part of your soldiers, but your political leadership that made them look coward in front of the entire world. You guys were in equal numbers, could have fought, but the political decision wasn't clear.

Regarding Chinese ambitions, it's just a matter of time. They will take the land by force, or by political maneuvering. There's a significant area India has lost to China in the last couple of years, whether your political leadership accepts it or not. It is your choice to give away land in small pieces, or fight for what you believe is yours bravely.

Anyway, it's up to you to decide as a nation.
India will not and should not be worried about the perception of cowardice from other parties. This will be the least of India's concern.

Looking at the pictures released by PLA, I thought that the Chinese were better equipped even for that non-lethal shove/push match. Indian side was simply throwing stones, while Chinese had proper shields and other gear. If reports are to be believed, then Indian troops in that area were also not well fed and sheltered last year. I do not have the tactical details of the confrontation, so I cannot comment about why the scenario panned out the way it did. Regardless, India will strive to keep the confrontation non-lethal for as long as possible.

Eventually, the Chinese will have to escalate to make significant progress. At that time, India will (or rather should IMO) confront China the best way it can. It could very well be that China will take territory, as is often the case when a superior military force confronts a relatively inferior force. But it is also likely that India will make China pay for its prize; that could and should help China's more superior enemies :cheers:
China will eat India anyway. No contest. Just get ready to handover some more territory. No ifs and buts.
There were no 'ifs' and 'buts' in my opinion. :-)

India will not and should not be worried about the perception of cowardice from other parties. This will be the least of India's concern.

Looking at the pictures released by PLA, I thought that the Chinese were better equipped even for that non-lethal shove/push match. Indian side was simply throwing stones, while Chinese had proper shields and other gear. If reports are to be believed, then Indian troops in that area were also not well fed and sheltered last year. I do not have the tactical details of the confrontation, so I cannot comment about why the scenario panned out the way it did. Regardless, India will strive to keep the confrontation non-lethal for as long as possible.

Eventually, the Chinese will have to escalate to make significant progress. At that time, India will (or rather should IMO) confront China the best way it can. It could very well be that China will take territory, as is often the case when a superior military force confronts a relatively inferior force. But it is also likely that India will make China pay for its prize; that could and should help China's more superior enemies :cheers:

There were no 'ifs' and 'buts' in my opinion. :-)
You had weapons, but you didn't use them.
Chinese had weapons too, they didn't use them either.
However, in the ensuing events, you lost your CO, nearly more than a dozen other soldiers, and your ego. But you didn't use your weapons, in fact left them behind for Chinese to collect and return back to you.
I tried to keep your soldiers respect intact and put the blame on your polity, but if that is not cowardice, what is?
Sorry, it doesn't make sense to lose a land piece by piece, every few months, and do nothing, unless you don't want to lose all of it at once.
Regarding China's more superior enemies, they will definitely help you with all the words in their dictionaries when time comes.

You had weapons, but you didn't use them.
Chinese had weapons too, they didn't use them either.
However, in the ensuing events, you lost your CO, nearly more than a dozen other soldiers, and your ego. But you didn't use your weapons, in fact left them behind for Chinese to collect and return back to you.
I tried to keep your soldiers respect intact and put the blame on your polity, but if that is not cowardice, what is?
Sorry, it doesn't make sense to lose a land piece by piece, every few months, and do nothing, unless you don't want to lose all of it at once.
Regarding China's more superior enemies, they will definitely help you with all the words in their dictionaries when time comes.
As far as I'm concerned, ego be damned :-)

It is my view that the Indian troops showed good discipline by not using the weapons despite the loss of their CO. It is thanks to their actions that India is not engaged in a war at this time. Unlike what people in this type of defense forum would expect, I'm not in the least shamed by Indian troops loosing foot on ground. When chips are in the air, at times they tend to fall unfavorably. I appreciate your gesture to keep respect for Indian combat troops; but I do not blame GOI for this matter. There are plenty of things to criticize the current GOI about, but handling the confrontation with China is not on the top of that list IMO. Even if the opposition party was in power, I don't see how they could have handled things differently.

I don't expect real favors to India from China's enemies because India does not seem to be willing to offer the same in return. This is something that I do fault successive Indian governments for.

Trishul? Lol really?
It doesn’t even come up in any list of most effective hand combat weapons..
what’s next? Withdraw T-90 tanks due to weight and introduce top secret APC like below?
girl-13-retells-mahabharata-in-verse.jpg

There is a limit to using religious iconography and concepts in practical life and while I am glad as a Pakistani origin individual that Indians are going down this path of idiocy; it also bodes ill for the entire region that the sane man of South Asia has gone insane.

The last time muslims went to war with the Quran tied to their lances hoping they would win they got cut up into multiple pieces. Preperation and tactics ,not religious iconography wins battles.

I forsee Sino defeat. its only a matter of time. supreme vedick techlology.should this be posted in funny section???

Fake news India media lying again and again, from all the videos and pictures released, PLA had only steel rods and shields, and probably used stones, definitely not barbed wires

Actually this is stupid.
I have never seen trishul or long weapon used in hand to hand combat on mountains cause of weight.
Just get some light weight steel Base ball bats with heavy tip at the end. Would be 1000 % times more effective than long weapons.

I guess the factory guys never been to mountains. Should have forced these suckers to carry these uphill and than use it if the person is within 5 feet.
There's a reason Gurkha carry small Knive instead of big axe etc.

And people who say army ran away , it's not entirely true ,

I was in leh 8yrs back and I got to talk with soldiers. They told me very depressing story.

They said whenever a confrontation happens Chinese wireless and within day the backup comes in multi wheels big Trucks and outnumber them quickly while Indian side takes days to gather in number cause we dont have these type of vehicles.

And 1 more interesting thing I learned while talking to them was that Govt specially avoid sending sikh units on China border. As they are considered very unpredictable if they get insulted and Chinese r known to be very insulting during confrontations. So only those units r fielded who follow the orders to the letter.

Last edited:
Actually this is stupid.
I have never seen trishul or long weapon used in hand to hand combat on mountains cause of weight.
Just get some light weight steel Base ball bats with heavy tip at the end. Would be 1000 % times more effective than long weapons.

I guess the factory guys never been to mountains. Should have forced these suckers to carry these uphill and than use it if the person is within 5 feet.
There's a reason Gurkha carry small Knive instead of big axe etc.

And people who say army ran away , it's not entirely true ,

I was in leh 8yrs back and I got to talk with soldiers. They told me very depressing story.

They said whenever a confrontation happens Chinese wireless and within day the backup comes in multi wheels big Trucks and outnumber them quickly while Indian side takes days to gather in number cause we dont have these type of vehicles.

And 1 more interesting thing I learned while talking to them was that Govt specially avoid sending sikh units on China border. As they are considered very unpredictable if they get insulted and Chinese r known to be very insulting during confrontations. So only those units r fielded who follow the orders to the letter.

man, another my uncle in the army, I knew what's going on. my high level source in the army tells me this and that :rofl:

By the way, why you need such weapons? A 23 year old valor Jawan single handedly killed 12 PLA soldier with bare hands and dragged another 6 with him down the cliff :rofl:

Mahindra does do R&D on military vehicles, M4 is Kalyani’s JV with Denel.
man, another my uncle in the army, I knew what's going on. my high level source in the army tells me this and that :rofl:

By the way, why you need such weapons? A 23 year old valor Jawan single handedly killed 12 PLA soldier with bare hands and dragged another 6 with him down the cliff :rofl:

🙄🙄 you do know that 1 can chat with soldiers.

Maybe it's diff in China but u can pretty much have a chat with soldier if its not hampering the job they r doing.

We stayed 2 weeks there so made good friends with them, heck we even gave 1 guy returning , ride from kashmir to kargil .

Back
Top Bottom