What's new

Indian External Affairs Minister SM Krishna resigns

Unbelieveable....Krishna actually did a good job as External Affairs Minister. I wonder what was the real reason. If this CON gress places Rahul into this position Im going to blow my top....the guy is a fuking moron...and all you ppl who support him are idiots. Rahul lack any freaking qualifications....he is stupid idiot of the highest order.

Definitely not ambassador. Presently he is the foreign minister, and heads the ministry. All diplomats, including ambassadors report to him. He wont resign that to become an ambassador, just like a general wont resign and then sign up as a colonel.

Please tell me why should he have such a position in INdia? Does he have any other qualification besides being related to a sham dynasty? Doesn't it bother you that in Democractic India, democracy is a farce?

Unbelieveable....Krishna actually did a good job as External Affairs Minister. I wonder what was the real reason. If this CON gress places Rahul into this position Im going to blow my top....the guy is a fuking moron...and all you ppl who support him are idiots. Rahul lack any freaking qualifications....he is stupid idiot of the highest order.

Please tell me why should he have such a position in INdia? Does he have any other qualification besides being related to a sham dynasty? Doesn't it bother you that in Democractic India, democracy is a farce?

you shouldnt say such words about our future prime minister :lol:

Well I'm not the one who appointed him, so I don't know why you are asking me, but assuming its a general question, I shall try to reply.

His qualifications are a page long really. Important ministerial posts in the 80s (minister of state for industry, MoS for finance), chief minister of a very important state of Karnataka for six years, governor of another important state, Maharashtra. Those are his constitutional positions.

Politically, he has been elected several times to the Indian parliament as well as the Karnataka state legislature - the one and only criterion for political success in a true democracy. Why exactly is Indian democracy a farce, when a person who has excellent rapport with and support of the common people and proved himself in important constitutional posts, is given charge of a ministry? Isn't that the very best of democratic ideal? I can name several ministers, congress or BJP or ANY OTHER party, who have had and still have people of far lower credentials. (What qualifications did Uma bharti have to be sports minister, how many times has the prime minister won an election?) Now you may not think that this person should be given a ministry, and you are free to your opinion (I neither support nor oppose SM Krishna), but this is EXACTLY what you get in a healthy democracy. You may not like the result you get from the democratic process, but no better form of government has been discovered yet.

So to sum up, no this particular issue doesn't show our democracy is a sham, on the contrary, it shows that it is thriving and kicking in this part of the world.

S.M. Krishna should retrn back to bangalore and do smthng 4 this sinking city.

Krishna should return back to Karnataka Politics..

Ive heard he was a good CM.

Krishna should return back to Karnataka Politics..

Ive heard he was a good CM.

He is 80. He should retire from politics, as should most people that age. Somebody mentioned Hina rabbani khar earlier - this guy must have been an elected representative since before she was born.

There are defintiely a lot of low caliber politicans in office but Krishna shined as External Affairs Minister.....worked hard with the US for India;s interests all times....Rahul was appointed to many of those positions you mentioned. As for being elected, how do you get elected in Karntaka when you liv e in another state? Rahul is a joke just like Uma, Laloo and all those other scumbags.....see my point?

Democracy my ***...when you fail to give the masses a quality education and give away TV's and other incentives for votes, you show how our democracy has become a failure.....

Don't worry about Rahul, he will not be even a minister of state. He will most likely aim for the Congress top post and will let other Congress leaders take up ministries. Sonia would have groomed Rahul if he were to be the next PM. Instead of holding ministries, he has been content with being one out of 10 General Secretaries of Congress. And he has been a disappointment so far, even for Congress(It is a different matter they won't admit it). So the equations of Rahul becoming PM do not make sense. If he was any ambitious and any good, he would have forced himself onto the PM post by pulling a silent coup(I myself would have been content with having a PM with at least that much political skill). He does not have any views let alone any strong ones. So far he hasn't proved himself in handling a situation. He had enough time when Sonia was getting treatment. He may after all be content with remaining the crownless prince for good.

And by the way, Krishna did bad as FM IMO. Especially vis-a-vis Kashmir, India is getting b!tchslapped around by Pakistan. India stopped being aggressive with Pakistan even though Pak is at its weakest position internationally since the end of Kargil.

Back
Top Bottom