What's new

INDIAN Emergency Services (POLICE, AMBULANCE,FIRE)

Octopus Police Commandos (obviously the worst name ever :hitwall:)
HY14OCTOUPUS_1177143f.jpg

article-0-16469651000005DC-972_634x432.jpg

in the wake of recent blasts and threats to hyderabad these guys are deployed everywhere here..i was checked 2 time while driving 10 km .many shopping malls were closed by them for not being apt with security issues

police-delhi1.jpg

Delhi Tourist Police are assigned to the various monuments in the capital city to protect tourists as well as the monuments. I happened to be waiting outside of the Qutab Minar and near one of these police cars. This nice police officer came over and had a friendly chat with me while I waited. He was very proud of his service as a police officer and posed for me in front of his police car. He had a very respectful and courteous attitude and made me feel that the Tourist Police were really there to help and protect the tourists.

police | in every atom

This is pretty impressive:

RINAGAR, INDIA: Indian Army soldiers examine a police armored vehicle damaged in an explosion on the outskirts of Srinagar, 24 June 2007. At least ten personnel of the special operation group of the Jammu and Kashmir Police (SOG) were injured when their vehicle ran over an improvised explosive device at Maloora, on the outskirts of Srinagar. The policemen were returning from a counter-insurgency operation when the attack took place. AFP PHOTO /Irshad KHAN (Photo credit should read IRSHAD KHAN/AFP/Getty Images)

24 Jun 2007

74874178-indian-army-soldiers-examine-a-police-armored-gettyimages.jpg

74874211-indian-army-soldiers-examine-a-police-armored-gettyimages.jpg

The Armored Gypsy protected the occupents from an IED.

Punjab SWAT team training:

Jesus Christ, they've got a bloody Negev (1.02)!!!!

LoL Punjab SWAT is far better equipped than our regular infantry units...

Nice find :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
LoL Punjab SWAT is far better equipped than our regular infantry units...

Nice find :tup:

To an extent, yes! But it is far easier to equip a single police unit than the entire Infantry that numbers in the 100s of 1000s. F-INSAS will take care of this.

I would like to see all states in India to have comparably well trained and equipped SWAT/ERT/SRT/whatever units and also for all Indian police forces to improve and upgrade the basic kit for all Indian "regular" officers, no good having it just on the SWAT team.

To an extent, yes! But it is far easier to equip a single police unit than the entire Infantry that numbers in the 100s of 1000s. F-INSAS will take care of this.

I would like to see all states in India to have comparably well trained and equipped SWAT/ERT/SRT/whatever units and also for all Indian police forces to improve and upgrade the basic kit for all Indian "regular" officers, no good having it just on the SWAT team.

True that, but this will require an overall police reform with the full cooperation of every state government... And I dont see much hope for such a move :(

Right now, we can be happy that most states have SWAT/QRT Teams and that at least some departments started to use modern equipment and methods to enhance our safety.

True that, but this will require an overall police reform with the full cooperation of every state government... And I dont see much hope for such a move :(

Right now, we can be happy that most states have SWAT/QRT Teams and that at least some departments started to use modern equipment and methods to enhance our safety.

Exactly, but I disagree it needs every state to be on board at the same time. As police services are answerable and controlled by their respective states, induvidual states (the more responsible and forward-thinking ones) can move foreward on their own to upgrade their police whilst other states remain where they are. Once there is momentum in this move more and more states will jump on the band-wagon. It is just a case of getting that initial momentum going and,sadly, the law and enforcement side of states seems to be ignored by most people and politicans. Everyone is all too happy to accept the status quo. You do get a certain level of disparity amongst certain police forces as some are better funded than others but there is not a dramatic difference.

I'd like to see the standard Agra police have adopted become common-place in India:

More Agra PD:
DSC00706.JPG

DSC00696.JPG

DSC00709.JPG

DSC00697.JPG

DSC00698.JPG

DSC00700.JPG

DSC00701.JPG

DSC00710.JPG

Even more AGRA PD:

DSC00702.JPG

DSC00704.JPG

0.jpg

0.jpg

321414-agra-tourist-police-gear-up-for-v-day.png

Agra-Tourist-Police.jpg

The high-vis jackets, utility belts with hand-cuffs, collapsible batons,radios etc, the decent-looking training given to them, the modern-looking police patrol cars etc all this looks very professional and presents a better image than this:

indian-police-608.jpg

This is just depressing to see.

Exactly, but I disagree it needs every state to be on board at the same time. As police services are answerable and controlled by their respective states, induvidual states (the more responsible and forward-thinking ones) can move foreward on their own to upgrade their police whilst other states remain where they are. Once there is momentum in this move more and more states will jump on the band-wagon. It is just a case of getting that initial momentum going and,sadly, the law and enforcement side of states seems to be ignored by most people and politicans. Everyone is all too happy to accept the status quo. You do get a certain level of disparity amongst certain police forces as some are better funded than others but there is not a dramatic difference.

I'd like to see the standard Agra police have adopted become common-place in India:

The high-vis jackets, utility belts with hand-cuffs, collapsible batons,radios etc, the decent-looking training given to them, the modern-looking police patrol cars etc all this looks very professional and presents a better image than this:

indian-police-608.jpg

This is just depressing to see.

Agreed. The states have much room for reforms, a good thing about our federal structure :tup:

Man, I am really impressed to see the Agra Police Department... they look extremely neat and professional.

Back
Top Bottom