What's new

INDIAN Emergency Services (POLICE, AMBULANCE,FIRE)

How does this work? A guy on the top with a chainsaw? And who operates these? BEST or civic bodies?

Yes, it's as simple as a couple guys with trimming eqiupment. The job of tree maintenance lies with the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM).

Which rifle is this???? @Abingdonboy any ideas?
Punjab police SWAT
285706_10151321794156395_2060335514_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Because states have control over their own forces the differences in equipment is glaring. Sometimes I think it would be better if the police forces were brought to a national level of training and equipment.

Instead of a salad bowl of INSAS, AK's, M4s, etc. Imagine if a single weapon, uniform, and protective gear set was chosen. Bulk orders would bring down costs and make logistics and training far easier.

Standardization was one of the first lessons I took to heart when I trained in the military, but the idea of it has not sunken into the Indian establishment.

Because states have control over their own forces the differences in equipment is glaring. Sometimes I think it would be better if the police forces were brought to a national level of training and equipment.

Instead of a salad bowl of INSAS, AK's, M4s, etc. Imagine if a single weapon, uniform, and protective gear set was chosen. Bulk orders would bring down costs and make logistics and training far easier.

Standardization was one of the first lessons I took to heart when I trained in the military, but the idea of it has not sunken into the Indian establishment.
I agree with you mate but when you are talking about individual states there is a clear lack of uniformity amongst themselves. I don't know if all states would be all that interested in a single weapon and uniform. Even in the US there isn't such a system. However there is a maturity in the US wherein all the different states have a high level of commonality, in India where these sort of units and advanced weapons are new of seems there is utter bedlam and a scrabble for anything and everything. I really don't know how different states come to radically different solutions for a common problem!!

But even looking at central forces, specifically CAPFs there is a HUGE lack of uniformity every single CAPF seems to have a different uniform. It is not only aesthetically poor but this disparity also presents a glaring security risk that I don't think I have to explain.

I would love to see a central police academy for all Indian police forces that trains police officers to international standards and equipps them according, this model could be replicated and ed out across the country to train the vast amounts of police officers across India. Right now whilst some Police forces are moving foreward in fits and starts others are staying in the Stone Age. I feel that all police forces in India need to move foreward in unison and need to be drastically better trained and equipped.

I hope this dream becomes a reality one day........

I agree on that but its very unlikely since we are a extremely federal nation.

BangaloreBannerghatta%20Roadambulance_600x393px.jpg

Indian Force One special commando forces react during a simulated terrorist attack at the elite unit's inaugural function in Mumbai on November 24, 2009. The 256-strong unit Force One, modelled on India's National Security Guard, is designed as a quick response team for counter-terrorism

93345142-indian-force-one-special-commando-forces-gettyimages.jpg
93345148-indian-force-one-special-commando-forces-gettyimages.jpg

Back
Top Bottom