What's new

Indian elephant shot in Bangladesh

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
'Indian' elephant shot in Bangladesh
TNN | Jun 8, 2012, 02.23AM IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...t-shot-in-Bangladesh/articleshow/13911676.cms

SHILLONG: An elephant that had strayed into Bangladesh from Indian territory in search of food was grievously injured when it was shot at by poachers across the border on the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday, officials in the Meghalaya Frontier of the Border Security Force (BSF) said. The wild elephant was reportedly shot by Bangladeshi poachers about 400 yards inside Bangladeshi territory in Mymensingh district after. The hungry elephant had strayed into Jatrakona village in the neighbouring country from the jungles of West Garo Hills.

"The elephant suffered four bullet injuries and was serious as per last reports. It was also learnt that one of the tusks (incisor) of the elephant has been chopped off by the Bangladeshi poachers," a BSF spokesperson said. He added that that wild elephants from the jungles of Garo Hills often cross the border in search of food.

Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) has been apprised of the matter by the BSF, which has requested its counterpart to take action against poachers as protection of wildlife is one of their commitment as per an International convention. Elephants from Garo Hills have been known to "cross over" to the neighbouring country not only in search of food but are also lured in by the scent of local brew.

Is this a subject worth bringing up under " Bangladesh Defence " ?

Wonder what defence implications an elephant strayiing across a border has ?

A BSF / RAW plot perhaps ?

Last i checked, Elephants don't have any nationality....:drag:

I heard about hungry and malnourished poor Indians .... But this is sickening as even elephants have to remain hungry in India...:mad:.

You had to open a meaningless thread to make a comment on indian povery, dark color, toilets etc etc? Save energy, you can make those comments on ANY thread like chini dragon, its allowed.

I just condemn the brutality shown by the BD poachers. They have even cut off the tusk when it is still alive! How cruel these poachers are. I want this elephant to be well taken care of by the BD authority and localanimal lovers, and after it recovers it should be sent back to Indian BSF.

I heard many times in a year wild elephants come down to our territory near Meghalaya They destroy paddy lands and other agriculture, but, they are just animals without knowing about the harm they are doing and also without knowing that they are in the territory of another country.

It seems to me that some BD rich locals have kept these poachers in their payroll with local govt knowing about it. No one should fire at wild animals unless they kill people.

'Indian' elephant shot in Bangladesh
TNN | Jun 8, 2012, 02.23AM IST

'Indian' elephant shot in Bangladesh - The Times of India

SHILLONG: An elephant that had strayed into Bangladesh from Indian territory in search of food was grievously injured when it was shot at by poachers across the border on the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday, officials in the Meghalaya Frontier of the Border Security Force (BSF) said. The wild elephant was reportedly shot by Bangladeshi poachers about 400 yards inside Bangladeshi territory in Mymensingh district after. The hungry elephant had strayed into Jatrakona village in the neighbouring country from the jungles of West Garo Hills.

"The elephant suffered four bullet injuries and was serious as per last reports. It was also learnt that one of the tusks (incisor) of the elephant has been chopped off by the Bangladeshi poachers," a BSF spokesperson said. He added that that wild elephants from the jungles of Garo Hills often cross the border in search of food.

Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) has been apprised of the matter by the BSF, which has requested its counterpart to take action against poachers as protection of wildlife is one of their commitment as per an International convention. Elephants from Garo Hills have been known to "cross over" to the neighbouring country not only in search of food but are also lured in by the scent of local brew.

I heard about hungry and malnourished poor Indians .... But this is sickening as even elephants have to remain hungry in India...:mad:.

Erm...you wanna cookie?

You want to talk about malnourishment ? Let's see how your country does relative to ours.

MALNUTRITION DEATH RATE BY COUNTRY

Malnutrition death rate per 100,000 -

Bangladesh - 12.1 ( similar to many sub-saharan african countries)

India - 5.9

List of countries by percentage of population suffering from undernourishment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Percentage of population malnourished -

Bangladesh- 26 %

India - 22 %

:lol: It would be better for your country if you 'heard' a little bit about your own fourth world country's hunger and malnutrition situation as well .

Not only that child mortality rate in India is higher then bd and in terms of hunger one third of Indian children and family go to bed hungry.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom