What's new

Indian elephant shot in Bangladesh

Good lord !

A bloody Indian elephant strays across into BD and gets dismembered by louts seeking ivory.

It becomes a thread on BD Defence and the topic strays to Child mortality,malnutrition...what next ?

Toilets ?

Your data is not correct... Malnutrition is highest in India and twice then sub Saharan Africa...

Recent WHO data of 2011 placed India second in the world in terms of underweight children which counter GHI, poverty and malnutrition. Indias's more then 43% children are under weight ...

Prevalence of Child Malnutrition (Percent Underweight Under Age Five) - GlobalHealthFacts.org

This is about child malnutrition . The figures that i gave you were about overall malnutrition . They are higher for Bangladesh .

Also the death rate due to malnutrion out of every 100,000 people is almost double in Bangladesh than that in India possibly due to better health care . I provided the link for that as well in the previous post . And again finally the best source will be the Global hunger index -

http:/www.ifpri.org/sites/default/files/publications/ghi11.pdf

http:/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Hunger_Index#cite_note-GHI2011-6

Countries with extremely alarming (GHI ≥ 30), alarming (GHI between 20.0 and 29.9) or serious (GHI between 10.0 and 19.9) hunger situation

India- 23.7

Bangladesh - 24.5

This if for year 2011.

Child malnutrition may be slightly higher in india but overall malnutrition is higher in bangladesh and death rate due to malnutrition is double in Bangladesh to that of India as provided in the previous link.

Look both our countries fare badly in this respect . No point comparing. Just don't throw stones at others when you live in glass houses. Your first post was absolutely uncalled for .

Get the sources kid . These statements won't matter .

I think this article will help you....

B'desh, Nepal doing better than India on human devt: Amartya Sen

Press Trust of India / New Delhi Dec 16, 2011, 19:22 IST

India's track record of dealing with the human development issues is worst than neighbours like Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan, Nobel laureate and noted economist Amartya Sen said today.

"The tragedy is that not only China, but even Bangladesh is now doing better on almost every one of these social indicators than India is doing.... Every country Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are ahead already," Sen said, while addressing Delhi Economics Conclave organised by CII.

He said that among the six South Asian countries, India has slipped to fifth position from second in 1990 on parameters such as education, life expectancy, immunisation, maternal mortality, etc.
Only Pakistan is below India on human development index, he said, adding that "because...[it has] its own problems connected to terrorism".

India has higher percentage of child under-nourishment than any other country in the world, even in Africa, he said.

This is another article for your reference...

Shocking numbers of South Asian children go to bed hungry | Reuters

Nick_Indian I told you those are much older data... Reality has been changed... Now...I wish word of Amratya Sen will put in your mind....

Nick_Indian I told you those are much older data... Reality has been changed... Now...I wish word of Amratya Sen will put in your mind....

^^^ this is about an elephant, they are always hungry and eat all the time. They destroy crops and even kill people in my state. Also they move around a lot (cross state borders)

To those who think news does not belong to bangladesh section, must be new here.

This is about child malnutrition . The figures that i gave you were about overall malnutrition . They are higher for Bangladesh .

Also the death rate due to malnutrion out of every 100,000 people is almost double in Bangladesh than that in India possibly due to better health care . I provided the link for that as well in the previous post . And again finally the best source will be the Global hunger index -

http:/www.ifpri.org/sites/default/files/publications/ghi11.pdf

http:/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Hunger_Index#cite_note-GHI2011-6

Countries with extremely alarming (GHI ≥ 30), alarming (GHI between 20.0 and 29.9) or serious (GHI between 10.0 and 19.9) hunger situation

India- 23.7

Bangladesh - 24.5

This if for year 2011.

Child malnutrition may be slightly higher in india but overall malnutrition is higher in bangladesh and death rate due to malnutrition is double in Bangladesh to that of India as provided in the previous link.

Look both our countries fare badly in this respect . No point comparing. Just don't throw stones at others when you live in glass houses. Your first post was absolutely uncalled for .

I think this article will help you....

Press Trust of India / New Delhi Dec 16, 2011, 19:22 IST

India's track record of dealing with the human development issues is worst than neighbours like Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan, Nobel laureate and noted economist Amartya Sen said today.

"The tragedy is that not only China, but even Bangladesh is now doing better on almost every one of these social indicators than India is doing.... Every country Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are ahead already," Sen said, while addressing Delhi Economics Conclave organised by CII.

He said that among the six South Asian countries, India has slipped to fifth position from second in 1990 on parameters such as education, life expectancy, immunisation, maternal mortality, etc.
Only Pakistan is below India on human development index, he said, adding that "because...[it has] its own problems connected to terrorism".

India has higher percentage of child under-nourishment than any other country in the world, even in Africa, he said.

This is another article for your reference...

Shocking numbers of South Asian children go to bed hungry | Reuters

Stop f***ing trolling!!

Here, have some milk and cookies. It'll make you guys feel better:
cookies-and-milk.jpg

This is news????There is nothing wrong elephants(animals) want to migrate to bangladesh or from bangladesh.
Sami please do not post these kind of thread again. Its not related to defence, economy or politics. You are just flame baiting.

This is news????There is nothing wrong elephants(animals) want to migrate to bangladesh or from bangladesh.
Sami please do not post these kind of thread again. Its not related to defence, economy or politics. You are just flame baiting.

Just look around bro... Indians have started threads on same topics earlier...Many Indians actively participated on that....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom