How is the plan?

• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
Golden quadrilateral was made by Vajpayee, i saw Sonia's and Manmohan's picture plastered all over the road before 2014 elections :lol:

Government to auction 27 oil fields off Mumbai, 15 in KG basin - The Economic Times
I truly hope this is not just propaganda using twisted statistics.

This addition within two years of the Narendra Modi government will be more than twice the length NDA-I had added in its six years and over three times of what UPA added in its 10-year rule.

National highways to grow by 50,000km in 6 months - The Economic Times

This simply can't be true.

I truly hope this is not just propaganda using twisted statistics.

This addition within two years of the Narendra Modi government will be more than twice the length NDA-I had added in its six years and over three times of what UPA added in its 10-year rule.

National highways to grow by 50,000km in 6 months - The Economic Times
This simply can't be true.

Nitin Gadkari is known for his ability to build roads and infrastructure, but this will be an achievement on another level.Besides, if we build it ate the rate China builds its infrastructure. Its definitely possible...

Last edited:
Nitin Gadkari is known for his ability to build roads and infrastructure, but this will be an achievement on another level.Besides, if we build it ate the rate China builds its infrastructure. Its definitely possible...
Well this seems too good to be true so I will remain skeptical.

Anyway, what is important is that such efforts are sustained over a long period of time- 10-15 years at least. These eye-catching figures are good for public consumption but I hope there is substance behind the superficial claims.

Well this seems too good to be true so I will remain skeptical.

Anyway, what is important is that such efforts are sustained over a long period of time- 10-15 years at least. These eye-catching figures are good for public consumption but I hope there is substance behind the superficial claims.

Even i doubt the 50k figure, but even if half of that is done, that alone is a huge achievement. Don't have to wait too long to find out.

Even i doubt the 50k figure, but even if half of that is done, that alone is a huge achievement. Don't have to wait too long to find out.
Yes, even 50% of this figure annually for a sustained period would be a COLOSSAL achievement. As I have said, the GoI has long had a 30km/day target (not sure which govt came up with it) and early in UPA-1 achieved it but by 2014 the figure was below a measly 3km/day!

Existing roads will be notified as NH,new roads will not be built
Misleading title

Incorrect,The 15k under Bharat Mala plan will be notified as NH. Bharat Mala plan itself is about constructing new roads and 20k of the 50k will be existing state roads, i have already pointed that out earlier . Besides, nothing misleading about the title. The NH's will grow by 50k km.... Current stretches which is under the state will be expanded.

"we are carrying out feasibility study for large chunk of stretches that states have forwarded for upgrading them as NHs. This would be about 20,000 km."Some of the officials said the situation won't get out of government control as most of the stretches being expanded now are on a model named "EPC contracts". Under this, the contractor has to maintain the road for one year and is also responsible for any defect for four years."

Labour Ministry assures updated laws in six months - The Economic Times

Last edited:
Nitin always reminds me of these guys from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Hitchhiker-s-Guide--Movie--hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-545252_700_458.jpg

They're also super bureaucratic like Indian politicians.

Back
Top Bottom