How is the plan?

• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
Nominal per capita incomes in both India and Pakistan stand at just over $1200 a year, according to figures released in May and June of 2011 by the two governments.

Haq's Musings: India and Pakistan Per Capita GDPs at $3,100 in 2010-11

Another lie.:disagree:

2011- GDP per capita

Pakistan--$1164.113
India------$ 1527.347

j5i3r4.jpg

Report for Selected Countries and Subjects

India Gross Domestic Product (GDP)

1729 billion..

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

This figure of $1.7 trillion is much higher than the $1.5 trillion reported by Economic Survey of India in May, 2011.

Here's an excerpt from Economic Times:

NEW DELHI: Per capita income of Indians grew by 17.9 per cent to Rs 54,835 in 2010-11 from Rs 46,492 in the year-ago period, according to the revised data released by the government today.

The new per capita income figure estimates on current market prices is over Rs 8,000 more than the previous estimate of Rs 46,492 calculated by the Central Statistical Organisation.

Per capita income means earnings of each Indian if the national income is evenly divided among the country's population.

However, the increase in per capita income was only about 6.5 per cent in 2010-11 if it is calculated on the prices of 2004-05 prices, which is a better way of comparison and broadly factors inflation.

Per capita income in 2010-11 at Rs 54,835 - Economic Times

Nominal per capita income in India stands at just over $1200 a year. Or $1.5 trillion for 2010-11 for its 1.2 billion people at $1218 per person.

This figure of $1.7 trillion is much higher than the $1.5 trillion reported by Economic Survey of India in May, 2011.

Here's an excerpt from Economic Times:

NEW DELHI: Per capita income of Indians grew by 17.9 per cent to Rs 54,835 in 2010-11 from Rs 46,492 in the year-ago period, according to the revised data released by the government today.

The new per capita income figure estimates on current market prices is over Rs 8,000 more than the previous estimate of Rs 46,492 calculated by the Central Statistical Organisation.

Per capita income means earnings of each Indian if the national income is evenly divided among the country's population.

However, the increase in per capita income was only about 6.5 per cent in 2010-11 if it is calculated on the prices of 2004-05 prices, which is a better way of comparison and broadly factors inflation.

Nominal per capita incomes in stands at just over $1200 a year. Or $1.5 trillion for 2010-11.

Entire post in factually incorrect .

Check out the latest numbers provided by world bank and IMF .

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

So you are talking about gdp per capita(PPP) in terms of international dollars right? This is according to Sep 2011, World Economic Outlook Database.

2wn4d5e.jpg

2011- Pakistan-$2720.531
India----$3703.453

So in 2011, there is a gap of almost $1000 dollars, in 2014 it will be $1500 and in 2016 it will be $2000

Yep I think I would rather believe IMF's database than your blog.

Alhamdolillah... :smitten: :azn:

These are not actuals...they are forecasts made in 2010 as signified by grey.

The actual figures released by the Economic Survey of each country for 2011 are about the same at just over $1200 per capita.

India has not released figures for 2011 yet sonny boy , you are reading out the figures India released for the year 2010 .

I don't think our economist friend for Pakistan understands that "2010-11" means the figures is for the year 2010 and not 2011 .

The figures for 2011 will be written as "2011-12" . So much for being an economist .

Right now for the figures of 2011 our best bet is the forecasts made by IMF .

India has not released figures for 2011 yet sonny boy , you are reading out the figures India released for the year 2010 .

I don't think our economist friend for Pakistan understands that "2010-11" means the figures is for the year 2010 and not 2011 .

The figures for 2011 will be written as "2011-12" . So much for being an economist .

Right now for the figures of 2011 our best bet is the forecasts made by IMF .

Nonsense!

The figures I have provided were released in May 2011 by India and in July 2011 by Pakistan. This is the only apples-to-apples comparison that is valid. The rest is irrelevant.

Economic Survey of Pakistan 2010-11 puts the nation's population at 177 million and nominal gdp at $222 billion or $1254 per person.

And Economic Survey of India 2010-2011 says India's population is 1.2 billion and puts nominal GDP at $1.46 trillion or $1218 per person.

There are a lot of different figures and forecasts floating around different websites and publications that significantly overstate India's GDP and understate Pakistan's.

The figures I have posted in my recent blog posts were released in May 2011 by India and in July 2011 by Pakistan. This is the only apples-to-apples comparison that is valid. The rest is irrelevant.

Economic Survey of Pakistan 2010-11 puts the nation's population at 177 million and nominal gdp at $222 billion or $1254 per person.

And Economic Survey of India 2010-2011 says India's population is 1.2 billion and puts nominal GDP at $1.46 trillion or $1218 per person.

http://www.infopak.gov.pk/EconomicSurvey/Highlights.pdf

There are a lot of different figures and forecasts floating around different websites and publications that significantly overstate India's GDP and understate Pakistan's.

The figures I have posted in my recent blog posts were released in May 2011 by India and in July 2011 by Pakistan. This is the only apples-to-apples comparison that is valid. The rest is irrelevant.

http://www.infopak.gov.pk/EconomicSurvey/Highlights.pdf
its a 1.72 trillion economy

These are not actuals...they are forecasts made in 2010 as signified by grey.

The actual figures released by the Economic Survey of each country for 2011 are about the same at just over $1200 per capita.

So is the figure released by government of India. Its an advanced estimate. Look at the difference over the years.

dnhgeb.jpg

wujofr.jpg

India: Gross domestic product, current prices (National currency)
Source: IMF Staff. The original data is in calendar years from 1997. Prior to 1997, IMF staff converted fiscal-year data to calendar years by taking 3/4 data of year t and 1/4 data of year t+1 as data for calendar year t. Moreover, since quarterly data do not add up to the annual data adjustments are made to the quarterly data, hence they differ slightly from the official figures.
Latest actual data: 2010. Official data for the latest year are advanced estimates.
Data available on quarter-by-quarter basis.

So what you see in the Government of India report, is just the sum of quarterly data, and as has been the case in the past, the quarterly data doesn't add up to annual data, so annual data is always more.

========================================================================

The whole point of this unnecessary comparison between the economies was brought in by you, because, Vinod said that India is a 2 trillion dollar economy now. And according to the IMF end of this fiscal year, India's economy will be $1.843 Trillion. So lets just leave it at that.

2w6c4dl.jpg

So is the figure released by government of India. Its an advanced estimate. Look at the difference over the years.

dnhgeb.jpg

wujofr.jpg

So what you see in the Government of India report, is just the sum of quarterly data, and as has been the case in the past, the quarterly data doesn't add up to annual data, so annual data is always more.

========================================================================

The whole point of this unnecessary comparison between the economies was brought in by you, because, Vinod said that India is a 2 trillion dollar economy now. And according to the IMF end of this fiscal year, India's economy will be $1.843 Trillion. So lets just leave it at that.

2w6c4dl.jpg

$2 trillion gdp is in your imagination not backed by any real data. I won't believe it until I see it from Economic Survey of India in a formal report.

$2 trillion gdp is in your imagination not backed by any real data. I won't believe it until I see it from Economic Survey of India in a formal report.

I never said it was $2 Trillion, but according to the latest IMF figures, it will be $1.843 dollars this year, and come next year it will surpass $2 Tillion mark.

Nothing more to add to this.

:wave:

This is about Indian economy not the Pakistan or Afghanistan economy.

It is foolish to compare the two economies anyway that are apart by an order of magnitude and the difference is only growing as we speak.

To others, India had already crossed the Japanese economy by PPP about three years back when our PPP rate was revised by IMF (also done for China and a few other countries) and this resulted in a downward revision of our GDP PPP by almost 30%. I don't think that exercise was done for our smaller neighbors.

I am glad to see that our manufacturing potential is in the process of being realized. The manufacturing push is needed to take India to the next step in the journey to a poverty free India.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom